Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » the ufc fight

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: the ufc fight
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone watch it tonight,i didnt get to catch it.

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hughes won...swick won as well
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
hughes won...swick won as well

Good i hope he beat the hell out of that BJ guy.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BJ Penn is super raw!!!

If he was in better shape he would have dominated the whole fight. Penn ran out of steam in the 3rd round other then that he dominated the fight. Dont get me wrong hughes is one of my favorite fighters bet if he cant ground and pound you he isnt gonna be very productive.

Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
penn definatly dominated the first 2 rounds, then just gased out and that was it. if he was in better shape he would probably have won it. saint pierre (sp) and hughes will be a good fight.
Hele On
¯
Member # 4107

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hele On  Ford pictures for Hele On    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, my boy Penn really had Hughes on the first two rounds. Hughes was getting frustrated that he couldn't bring BJ to the ground... even hopping on one foot( most times I've sparred with friends and coworkers when they give up that foot to me it's over ...dump to the ground!)! Then near the end of the second round BJ almost had Matt in a fully locked triangle and arm bar!! Too, bad time ran out as well as BJ running out of gas. I knew it was over in the begining of the third round when BJ came out with his hands down, then Matt just started to pick away at BJ with punches. Oh, well I guess BJ needs to start training up in snowy capped Mauna Kea ( high altitude and cold air as well ). BJ definately has heavy hands though... Matt's face was starting to show it.
STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Aw man BJ should've trained harder like his previous fight with him. He'll be back 4 sho!
:
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
can n e one post a vid link
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
soo..HUghes won and Swick won...what about that lightweight fight...where the dude came back to UFC..the little guy...did he win?? dont remember his name.

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
overall the even was pretty good..

bj penn looked really good the 1st 2 rounds and dominated hughes and then came into the 3rd round as a walking corpse..he got put in a pretty bad position where both arms were pinned...pretty disappointing but 1st couple rounds showed some flaws in hughes game that gsp will exploit.

rashad evans finally finished a freakin fight by beating a respectable opponent in lambert. im surprised the ref allowed evans to continue punching lambert consider refs love to stop fights too early.

tyson griffon, a bay area fighter looked pretty impressive.

the shot of the night was melvin guillard with that gut busting one punch body knockout on ruediger..that shit looked like he was in awful pain.

it will be pretty tough to find clips of the fight on youtube as they are usually taken off after a few hrs. ull have to search the smaller sites to find any vids

copied from mmaweekly
-Tyson Griffin def. David Lee by submission (rear naked choke) at 1:50 of Round 1

-Jorge Gurgel def. Danny Abbadi by split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29)

-Eddie Sanchez def. Mario Neto by KO at 0:17 of Round 2

-Roger Huerta def. Jason Dent by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

-Joe Lauzon def. Jens Pulver by TKO (strikes) at 0:48 of Round 1

-Rashad Evans def. Jason Lambert by TKO (strikes) at 2:22 of Round 2

-Melvin Guillard def. Gabe Ruediger by TKO (strikes) at 1:01 of Round 2

-Mike Swick def. David Loiseau by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

-Matt Hughes def. BJ Penn by TKO (strikes) at 3:53 of Round 3... absolutely amazing fight

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red00GT:
soo..HUghes won and Swick won...what about that lightweight fight...where the dude came back to UFC..the little guy...did he win?? dont remember his name.

big ass upset...lil evil, jens pulver got ktfo.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On another note. Damn! Wanderlei got knocked the fuck out by Crocop [Eek!] Not too surprised tho. Anyone who gets caught with a Crocop kick will be assed the fuck out for sure!
:
STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Crocop is heavier, but here ya go:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jD661XF728E

:
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
On another note. Damn! Wanderlei got knocked the fuck out by Crocop [Eek!] Not too surprised tho. Anyone who gets caught with a Crocop kick will be assed the fuck out for sure!

yeah it didnt help that silva's eye was totally shut , which was the same side he got caught with the high kick..no excuses but they shouldve stopped it. it was just silva's warrior mentality to continue fighting when really he was in real danger fighting with only one eye.
ironically, silva came in a few pounds more than crocop. i wish fedor would come to the ufc and knock sylvias freakin belt off his waste..that fag wears his belt everywhere..its getting old.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Yeah, I don't think anyone can fuck wid Fedor right now. He'll tear Sylvia up no doubt
:
04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BJ didn't run out of steam he seperated his ribs in the second. They did an interview with him after the fight. He couldn't move very well but he didn't want to end the fight in his corner so he went out there and slugged it out..

E

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by 04Z06:
BJ didn't run out of steam he seperated his ribs in the second. They did an interview with him after the fight. He couldn't move very well but he didn't want to end the fight in his corner so he went out there and slugged it out..

E

yeah i just read that on his page..talk about not wanting to quit.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BJ got his ass beat!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Mustang_Fastback:
BJ got his ass beat!

No, more like his FACE got beat, in the last round!...

I thought Hughes might loose it in the first 2 rounds though....

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:

it will be pretty tough to find clips of the fight on youtube as they are usually taken off after a few hrs. ull have to search the smaller sites to find any vids

what are the names of these smaller sites?
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hate silva love crocop glad he knocked him the fuck out

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com