Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Nice Numbers On 05GT Tune

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Nice Numbers On 05GT Tune
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
New customer came in last week for us to install some JBA headers and an underdrive pulley. Anyway, in all he has BBK cold air kit w/throttle body, pulley, headers, catted x pipe, mandrel 2 1/2 exhaust piping, Borla muff (no hp in muffs).

Stock these cars put down about 268RWHP. His with the tune put down 306RWHP [Big Grin]

It's nice to be able to see what does and does not work before working on my own [Wink]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So that's about a 60 hp (gross) increase...So, full exhaust, pulleys, CAI, and TB?... Not bad, but I wonder how much $$$ that is for 60 hp....And I also wonder how much of that 60hp was in the tune itself...What do the 05-06's dyno bone stock with a tune?...

What was the RWTQ?....

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good question...

long tubes or mid length. are the only way to go, I heard.

and I heard if you put high flow cats...and no mufflers at all you get a couple more horses.

I have shorties, no cats and flowmasters. I'm all fu@ked up. 320 to the wheel.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 06:
I have shorties, no cats and flowmasters. I'm all fu@ked up. 320 to the wheel.

What are all your mods to reach 320RWHP?

--------------------

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have steeda pullies

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i have steeda pullies

is that a serious response?

--------------------
=(

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

I pm'd him with all my mods. I forgot to put pullies in the pm.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This cars can squeez out the hp with the right eq and tune to back it up. You can get 28-34 rwhp with the CIA/ Tuner kit:

http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_9_25&products_id=86&zenid=743bd72c2d4e3ab12dee73428c5d186b

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by lostsoul:
This cars can squeez out the hp with the right eq and tune to back it up. You can get 28-34 rwhp with the CIA/ Tuner kit:

http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_9_25&products_id=86&zenid=743bd72c2d4e3ab12dee73428c5d186b

[BS flag]
lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

[BS flag]
ummm.. thats an intelligent come back.

post #4 from someone that works at SCT

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2005-mustang/sct-and-jlt-58980.html?highlight=cai+dyno

Post #1

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2005-mustang/2006-gt-made-304-rwhp-and-321-rwtq-47644.html?highlight=cai+dyno

I had 10wrhp(on mustang dyno) with just the tuner and stock air box. (I didnt get the CAI kits. I went for the SC kit instead). Any more dumb faces you wanna post? or is ignorance bliss?

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ignorance must be bliss. I said these motors do not do well with forced induction. YOU LOST A MOTOR WITH FORCED INDUCTION, LMFAO! Brilliant!

--------------------

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

quote:
Ignorance must be bliss. I said these motors do not do well with forced induction. YOU LOST A MOTOR WITH FORCED INDUCTION, LMFAO! Brilliant!

you must have missed the real reason she blew and the comments that many are out there running and have been for a long time. Let me cram tons of water into your TB and see how long it lasts ;-).. de de de

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

They do pretty good if the tune is safe. We had a guy bring one to our shop to put some jba shorties on, a throttle body, 4.10s, and an intercooled s trim. The thing made 445 rwhp through an auto with just those mods and a very safe tune.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

right and as I stated on another thread I was running the procharger 10psi for 7+ months before trying to add the meth kit on. If hidnn.o.s. doesnt believe its safe and doesnt want to run it on his more power to him. But to bluntly state it cant handle any boost when procharger/saleen/whipple/kb all make kits and many have ran over a year or longer is just wrong

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
right and as I stated on another thread I was running the procharger 10psi for 7+ months before trying to add the meth kit on. If hidnn.o.s. doesnt believe its safe and doesnt want to run it on his more power to him. But to bluntly state it cant handle any boost when procharger/saleen/whipple/kb all make kits and many have ran over a year or longer is just wrong

I just meant that the motor responded very well to boost and made good power, but the stock rods and pistons aren't that strong and from what I understand they start to pop consistently around 480rwhp.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

I know a few people that have ran 500+wrhp without issues on the track.. a few for over a year. Theres one shop in texas pushing 620+rwhp on a stock block and racing it. ahha.. but your right. 480-500rwhp rang is pushing it but with good tunes people are doing it. Even justin from jpc racing ran his at 565rwhp for a long time (procharger and nos)

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2005-mustang/worlds-fastest-2005-mustang-3v-and-more-40786-4.html

theres a shop in texas running 640+rwhp on the stock block. Thats why I cant stress the importance of a tuner that is certifide and had done hard core tuning on the 05-07's. Even a simple CAI without tune can cause issues with these cars. I have not really been able to find a shop here that had done allot of these cars with power adders. Once my puppy is up and running I will need to go down to LA and get her tuned. =-/

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

You're saying these people have been running forced for a long time with no problems, LMFAO. 05 is the first year they came out. It's a "FACT" that these "stock" motors do not hold up well to forced induction. A good and safe tune will help them last longer, but it's still inevitable......

--------------------

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think as with any power adder you do on a N/A car, plan on a rebuild later on down the line as will eventually give out.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

I agree with both of you. These cars may not last very long with a power adders as in many many years of use. IF that is what someone is looking for then no one should mod their car at all. My statments to hidnn.o.s. was that these cars can be supercharged just fine. Will the live to 300,000 miles.. probly not. haha. Also, mustang owners that do SC tend to do more after the fact that doesnt always help the engine live longer. I never planned to have my car run even 100,000. I was planning to forged my block to run more boost anyways..... just not after 7,000 mile though [Confused]

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was gonna stay out of this. But I can't!!! These motors CAN handle boost. But they CAN'T handle detonation,at all. The position of the top ring on the piston makes it very easy to crack with minimal detonation. So if you keep it tuned so it won't get any detonation,the next weakest link is the powdered metal rods. I know chevy powdered metal rods are only good for about 500hp at the fly wheel. Its safe to assume the ford rods are not any stronger. If you are near the 450RWHP(dynojet "HP") you are playing with fire.I would not even attemt to run a supercharger on one of these motors that wasn't intercooled. There...Thats my 2c [patriot]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

ok got my shit retuned again. 290 rwhp.

at a chevy shop. So I guess the other guy lied to me? that was a mustang dyno that supposedly gave me 320 to the wheel. The car feels the same. I would have noticed if was 30 hp slower right?
I got 448 in torque. compared to the other shop at 456 in torque. On the bottle of course.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
ok got my shit retuned again. 290 rwhp.

at a chevy shop. So I guess the other guy lied to me? that was a mustang dyno that supposedly gave me 320 to the wheel. The car feels the same. I would have noticed if was 30 hp slower right?
I got 448 in torque. compared to the other shop at 456 in torque. On the bottle of course.

Every dyno reads different and should only be used as a tuning tool. Gains in HP should really be measured at the track. Some people probably minipulate readings to make the customer happy. [Wink]

Mustang dynos typicaly put out lower numbers than dynojets.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

right.. mustang dynos will be lower but they are the best to ones to use. this is the rough conversion math to convert mustang dyno to dyno jet:

X (RWTQ) * 0.9 / 2615 + 1 * X (RWTQ)=X (RWTQ on regualr Dyno)

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com