Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » help with photo red light ticket

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: help with photo red light ticket
Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a ticket from them dam photo enforcer things at tha stop lights and I heard from someone that u could just rip them up and not even worry bout them cuz you didn't sign it like when u get a ticket from a cop and u have to sign, but if anyone knows anything like this in how to beat them then please let me know
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the city doesnt own those machine, its owned by a 3rd party. for you to get a ticket a officer would have to give it to you at that point in time.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who ever is giving you this information is wrong. You should recieve the citation attached with photos of your car. When you go to challenge it in court they will have color photos and the officer that signed the citation will appear (min. 4 hrs. OT [Razz] )

Take care of the citation before it turns into a FTA and more headaches.

you don't have to be cited at the scene, such as vehicle accidents take involved parties info send the people on their way, citation is then forwarded thru the courts for prosecution without anybody ever signing for it.

[ September 07, 2006, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: slidewayz94 ]

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup...sorry man but your SOL! Not even cops get out of red light tickets anymore. You can say it isn't you but all they do then is have you appear and look at you and the photo...if it is clearly you then your look like a dumbass for trying to say it isn't you and you pay.

If in fact you can NOT tell if the photo is you then all you have to do is say it isn't you. They will then ask for who it is, their address and I think their driver lic. number. You do not have to provide this information. There is no law saying you have to. In most cases they will try and push you to give this info out but again you don't have to.

Good luck but chances are you CAN tell its you and the cost I think is like $310 and if you go to traffic school you pay extra money on the ticket to allow you to go and then you pay for the traffic school itself. In the end you'll be looking at about $400.

I recently got a redlight ticket for a right turn on red! I guess I rolled through it. Ticket even read 3mph TOTALLY FUCKIN LAME! But you don't see me running any red lights or right on reds and if the light turns yellow and your behind me you better watch out cause I'm slammin on the brakes. I'd rather get rear ended and have someone pay ME than run the red light and pay the city! [Big Grin]

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out this site:

www.ticketassassin.com

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
98_No_Bra
¯
Member # 2351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98_No_Bra  Ford pictures for 98_No_Bra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The only chance you have is that they did'nt get a good shot of you. There are a few photo-lights downtown so I keep my visor down and saved my butt once. They threw it out.

--------------------
Better to burp and taste it then to fart and waste it!!!

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Muskank:
The only chance you have is that they did'nt get a good shot of you. There are a few photo-lights downtown so I keep my visor down and saved my butt once. They threw it out.

good point LOL... I forgot to mention that after I got my ticket I drive everywhere with both visors down in all my cars, rain or shine. [patriot]
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeap, whoever told you you could just throw it away is full of poop.
Anyhow, is not only the pic you have to worry about. they also videotape you as you go through the intersection. i would go to the police department and look at the video they have... good luck

--------------------
=(

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll take care of it if I were you. I got a buddy that got a ticket also from a camera in San Francisco. So he went and contest it, they showed him a picture of the lic plates both front and rear and the picture of the driver. It was a little blurr cause it was small, so he said that's not even me. So the clerk enlarge the photo of the drive to almost legal size paper and there it was nice and clear photo of his wife. He paid the ticket!

--------------------
04 Cobra

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
quote:

good point LOL... I forgot to mention that after I got my ticket I drive everywhere with both visors down in all my cars, rain or shine. [patriot]
How about this.....Not being an idiot and actually stopping...I know the thought is way out there but it's just that....a thought.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good point!!!

]How about this.....Not being an idiot and actually stopping...I know the thought is way out there but it's just that....a thought. [/QB][/QUOTE]
[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the car is registered in your name you are screwed. But if its registered in your parents, brother, sister, g/f, b/f... u get the idea. and you were driving you can get away with it.
Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
quote:
quote:

How about this.....Not being an idiot and actually stopping...I know the thought is way out there but it's just that....a thought.
[Roll Eyes]
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got flashed at one today, not sure if i'll get the ticket tho.
basically the main street had about 25 cars back to back at the light, when it turned green it only let about 10 cars through, i was thinking it would stay green much longer because the cross street doesnt ever have nearly as much traffic as the main street. but anyways i was on this guy ass and seriously think i got in before it turned red. but i saw the cameras go off, now i get to wait a few weeks, sucks ass knowing i might have to pay.
how long does it take to get the citation in the mail????
and how many points is it??
what if it was my rear wheels that tripped it? i was almost to the other side of the intersection when the cameras were flashing
both my visors were down so hopefully either you can't see my face or it was my rear wheels that tripped it

[ September 11, 2006, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: eljefe ]

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

that's why my visors are down...NOT because I'm trying to run red lights but because there are situations where you don't necessarily deserve the ticket and the cameras do malfunction.

In any case I got my ticket in the mail about 2 weeks after the camera went off. I'd say if you don't get one in 2-3 weeks then your cool, good luck man.

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
Check out this site:

www.ticketassassin.com

I would check that site out, I remember seeing something on there about red-light photo tickets when I was fighting a couple speeding tickets..Good luck [patriot]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought I saw something on TV where you can SPRAY it over your lic plate and it will come out blured? Anyway know or try any of this?

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got flashed by one while riding my bike awhile ago. Never got a ticket for it though. It was wet out, and the light was much shorter than it should have been (both green and yellow). I would have wrecked had I tried to slam on my brakes to not go through it. I think they're generally bullshit because if you get there at the wrong time you either go through and get the ticket or slam on your brakes and get rear ended. Also, I've read somewhere that the yellow lights were intentionally shortened, to get more tickets/$ of course [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
quote:
quote:

[Roll Eyes]
dont trip off him, he's a pig, what do you expect [Razz] j/k sal, sal koo [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com