Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Paint questions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Paint questions
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you look for in choosing a shop to paint your car?

What is a fair price for quality work?

What is considered quality and what is considered crap?

Is there anything between quality and crap?

What if the car is prepped before bringing it to paint? What kind of cost savings is there?

Is there any kind of curve? Such as:
$500 gets you paint brush quality and a drunk painter
$1000 gets you paint brush quality and sober painter
$1500 gets you some good paint but color blind painter
$2000 gets you.....and so on?

I basically want to know what to expect and how much more to save up. [patriot] People always ask me if I just got it painted because it actually does look good on the front, sides and rear but the hood and top of car are turning from black to gray. Body is pretty strait from my understanding and I've only one quarter size ding on the hood and one quarter sided rust spot on the hatch.

[ September 06, 2006, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A complete paint job with no body work usally starts a 3k.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$500 will get you a homeless dude with a rattle can in one hand and a 40 in the other [Big Grin]

I would start by getting recommendations from people who have had paint work done. They can give you a good idea of what they paid and how it turned out. When you go visit a paint shop you can have them show you some of the cars they have done so you can see how they turned out.

Good luck

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com