Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Ideas to get my car over 500+ RW ???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ideas to get my car over 500+ RW ???
naych
¯
Member # 223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for naych  Ford pictures for naych    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any mechanics in here that can or have ideas of what else i can do to my car to get it over 500+ rw horsepower... My mods are in my sig. And i do need all work done to vehicle .. Trying to get bang for bucks please
Here is complete list of mods:
-built bottom end with cobra crank(bore .30)
-stock vlave springs
-mild cam work(barely)
-mild ported head work
-42 lbs injectors
-pro-m 80
-cobra fuel pump and aeromotive fuel regulator
-off road exhuast with magnoflow 3inch exhaust
-3-core procharger intercooler
-power pipe.
-no headers yet
Now horsepower is at 395rw and 390rw torque

Thanks

Naych

[ August 24, 2006, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: naych ]

--------------------
2001 GT Laser Red Tint
Full Saleen Conversion
Vortech SQ with 2.87 Plly
04 Escalade
white diamond on 24's(stolen)
05 yamaha r1

Posts: 308 | From: sacramento, ca. usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well you are gonna need to build the lower end to handle it. Your gonna want to get an intercooler/aftercooler for the amount of boost you are gonna have to run. Fuel system too. You are gonna need a decent clutch. Long tubes wouldn't hurt either. Move up to 3" exhaust.Dyno tune, I'm sure there is more,posibbly even ported heads. How much money you got? lol

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and throw some nitrous on it.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
naych
¯
Member # 223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for naych  Ford pictures for naych    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
definetely i do not want nitrous...thanks for the idea.

Naych

--------------------
2001 GT Laser Red Tint
Full Saleen Conversion
04 Escalade
05 yamaha r1

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Better heads better cam and better intake
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
Better heads better cam and better intake

[patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by naych:
Any mechanics in here that can or have ideas of what else i can do to my car to get it over 500+ rw horsepower... My mods are in my sig. And i do need all work done to vehicle .. Trying to get bang for bucks please
-stock vlave springs
-mild cam work(barely)
-mild ported head work
-42 lbs injectors
-pro-m 80
-power pipe.
-no headers yet

Thanks

Naych

Long tubes, a *really* good set of heads, better intake, 15 + pounds of boost, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, and a custom tune.

The problem is that even w/ those mods you are going to have trouble getting to where you want to be. Also, your stock block is probably going to let go on you.

Build a 393 or 408 stroker (w/ after market block) w/ a set of AFR heads, bolt on the blower, run 12 lbs of boost, and you should have no problems getting there [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
quote:
-stock vlave springs
-mild cam work(barely)
-mild ported head work
-42 lbs injectors
-pro-m 80
-power pipe.
-no headers yet

Thanks

Naych

Long tubes, a *really* good set of heads, better intake, 15 + pounds of boost, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, and a custom tune.

The problem is that even w/ those mods you are going to have trouble getting to where you want to be. Also, your stock block is probably going to let go on you.

Build a 393 or 408 stroker (w/ after market block) w/ a set of AFR heads, bolt on the blower, run 12 lbs of boost, and you should have no problems getting there [patriot]

I believe he's talking about a 2v motor not a pushrod. But it's going to take some boost on a solidly built 2v to make 500rwhp [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Headers
Mo' boost/fuel
Alky injection
NAWWZ

Do you just want 500+ RWHP for the shits and giggles?

Or do you have a specific goal (1/4, racing Supras on the freeway, a/x, etc).

naych
¯
Member # 223

88gt,

I just want more power and its not for racing supras or anything ..just to have..thats all..Ive been driving with my power for 4yrs now and want to increase it... So with long tubes, better heads, and custom tune...how much will that get me and about how much is total cost with labor and everything....I'm running about 12-13lbs of boost and my bottom end is built...Ive read that my injectors are good up to 550 and so is the cobra fuel pump..Am I wrong?? Thanks

Naych

--------------------
2001 GT Laser Red Tint
Full Saleen Conversion
04 Escalade
05 yamaha r1

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
88gt,

I just want more power and its not for racing supras or anything ..just to have..thats all..Ive been driving with my power for 4yrs now and want to increase it... So with long tubes, better heads, and custom tune...how much will that get me and about how much is total cost with labor and everything....I'm running about 12-13lbs of boost and my bottom end is built...Ive read that my injectors are good up to 550 and so is the cobra fuel pump..Am I wrong?? Thanks

Naych

if i were you i would just add (long tube)headers, if you could get a way with not over spining your blower then i would get a smaller pulley, and also add that methenol injection crap...i think that will get you over 450rwhp for sure...check to make sure your blower belt is no slipping at high rpm...also get a tune after all the mods...

porting heads adding cams etc, thast just to much work and money..just my opinion..good luck

[ August 26, 2006, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: onesicklx ]

Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think some good AFR heads, Long tube headers and a good tune will push you pretty close to 500.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
I think some good AFR heads, Long tube headers and a good tune will push you pretty close to 500.

i dont think afr makes heads for 2001 mustangs.. [Confused]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
quote:

Not yet [Big Grin]

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
quote:

Well I guess he's Ass out of luck then [Razz]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sell the vortech and get a paxton or something that will blow a hell of a lot more air

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:
sell the vortech and get a paxton or something that will blow a hell of a lot more air

or get a procharger F1-R [Wink]
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:

or get a procharger F1-R [Wink]
that block couldn't handle a F1-R

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The SQ should be more than enough for his goals.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com