Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Is your mechanic cheating?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Is your mechanic cheating?
MiniMEE
¯
Member # 1009

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MiniMEE  Ford pictures for MiniMEE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out this video, caught red handed.
http://www.nbc4.tv/video/9152183/detail.html

--------------------
TRY2PAZ's lil brother
homepage http://haywire.csuhayward.edu/~scarrill/quad.html

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
unfortuanatly thats what you get out of cheap labor. If they went to a Good shop I doubt anything like that would happen. I doubt you could find a actual certified ASE Tech at a Jiffy lube.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im not surprised.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had that happen to me at a chevy dealership when I had a chev s-10. I took it in and paid for a 50K service. They were supposed to change the plugs, fluids, and all that crap. I had put in a K&N AF. When I got the truck back they had all these charges on the bill. 1st thing I did was check to see if they replace the AF cause I told them not to because of the K&N. It had not been replaced but there was a charge fo it. I then pulled a plug right there in the lot to see if it was new. Nope! and they only charged me for 4 when it was a 4.3 V6.

I was livid! I started to screem at the service writer about all the charges and no work being done. I don't think they did anything. They refunded me all my money. They did change the oil. Which ended up being free. Swore them off and have not looked back

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dp

[ August 04, 2006, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Eddie510 ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510:
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
unfortuanatly thats what you get out of cheap labor. If they went to a Good shop I doubt anything like that would happen. I doubt you could find a actual certified ASE Tech at a Jiffy lube.

YUP,very true, maybe if they got payed a little bit more to there employes they wouldnt be so fucking lazy. its like 8.00 start they promise so many raises in shit and bonuses as well.they should never promise stuff if there not going to do it. I worked at jiffy lube,that was my 2nd job. And to tell you the truth when theres alot of fucking cars,sometimes you forget like an air filter cause your tring to get the cars out as fast as you can, not because we want to, some customers would really want to rush it, they would ask to hurry it up. and if they did forget to change the somthing and the customer comes back jiffylube would would give them the money back or change it. if they did mess somthing like the tranmission or motor, jiffylube will pay as long as you have the reciet. they got good customer service. but the employes was lazy, ill tell you that. One thing people if you guys have new cars check for your skidplates people(thell toss to the side and theow them away. ive seen so many get thrown away. since the lower bay is in the bottom they would just toss them to the side. Its not JIffyLube , its Some of there employees. and since they dont pay that much they get people that dont know SHIT about cars and there working under the HOOD [Eek!] NEver Rush a mechanic to do his job. thats for sure.They would really bitch so much like the new lexus or those audis they got big platic skid plates with like 14 screws to get to the oil pan and then when you hear the customer just trying to rush you i see my employye throw the skid plate to the side all pist off. that one thing to.people need to have fuckin patients!cant rush shit like that all the time.

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

will tell you this much, the one i worked at, we never dicked peole like that, if all they wanted was an oilchange thats what they got. But jiffy lube employs do have to reccomend whats needed in there vechile. they come up to you like this, You been to jiffy lube before?they say no,Put the plates on the system,get all there information, and tell them the recomendations if they have never dont any recent tune-ups, people think just because we'd reccomended it they think that we just want your money when there just telling what the fuck is recomended in your car,shit if you dont want to do it well thats all will do is your damn oil change,shiit,better for me,easy oilchang and out.but people get so fuckin angry when you tell them there recomendations for there cars. I mean PIST!lol we would pull out the filter and show the customer how fucking dirty it was and got fucking angry"all i want is a fuking oil change!"our job is too check everything,show the customer,so they wont come back and bitch again saying why diddnt you tell me the air filter was this dirty or this had to be changed? and that would be alot of customers. its like damn chill the fuck out!I dont want your money,lol,im an employe im just telling you whats recomended in your car. and then they say you guys are just tring to sell me all this stuff? [Confused] We are just recomending it! lol. like people get pist because the filter is dirty?lol then fucking change it!

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

if you do need to go the best time to go is when its not crowded.ALL in ALL, i think jiffy lube is a good place in all. i would go there for my lubes in filter. thell even go through the stuff they changed if you asked them to. i dont reccomend the trannyflush though. you gotta do a full flush with a new filter which jiffy lube does not do. i worked there, they promised so much shit , but i would still go there to get a oil change. not on my fox though, that i do my own [Big Grin] have patients thats all. and thell be kool as hell, well i know i would. i had a good attitude even the one that were unpatient. Just make Sure if you do got a skidplate under your car make sure its under you car intact because i know some dipshits throw them on the side. when i was there it was all of my buddies that worked there. we would have fun doing the fuel filters changes and shit like that, because we are into cars alot you know. what happens is they hire the wrong people that dont like the job and just want the CHECKs.

[ August 04, 2006, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Eddie510 ]

--------------------

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I was 18 I worked at Oil Changers and a Penzoil place, never once did we get over on anyone like that, I'm sure that's pressure from upper management on store managers to incerease sales by up selling customers on other shitty services. I refuse to go to any of those places because I know how they operate. I feel that oil change places should just change oil, don't sell air filters, bogus tranny flushes or any of the other crap like a fuel system cleaner, it's just a way for them to turn a bigger profit.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OOOPPPPSSSS, thats funny. Makes me think twice about getting a service their again (Im my Moms car of course).

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ha.. funny, i was gonna take my car to jiffy lube to get serviced today but ended up runing late. i was gonna have my fuel filter replaced too [Big Grin]
Since it is so easy to get to it on our cars i think i will go mark the fuel filter with a marker, take it in.. and then see if they try to rip me off [Big Grin]

--------------------
=(

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
ha.. funny, i was gonna take my car to jiffy lube to get serviced today but ended up runing late. i was gonna have my fuel filter replaced too [Big Grin]
Since it is so easy to get to it on our cars i think i will go mark the fuel filter with a marker, take it in.. and then see if they try to rip me off [Big Grin]

[patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com