Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Hey you jeep fanatics look at what I bought for only $3000. Hell Yah!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey you jeep fanatics look at what I bought for only $3000. Hell Yah!
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought this 99 TJ for only 3k it runs awesome. It has a clean title and clean history too. Nothing wrong with it at all. It came with a set of full and half doors to boot! Ok yah it did look like a little faggot jeep when I bought it but I would have none of that and I started modding it within a week.

-

Ok now for the upgrades. I put some 33 MTR's and some black steelies, found a complete super 35 axle with full detroit and 4.56s and bolted that sucker in, installed an aussie locker up front with 4.56s, 1.25 body lift, 1 inch motor mount lift, 2 inch pro comp spring lift with skyjacker hydros, extended the bumpstops and added jks quicker disconnects. So far I have a total of just over $4700 into it including the $3000 purchase price and here's what it looks like today. Locked front and rear geared and ready to tear some shit up. Waxed it up and its so reflective that you can use it as a mirror. Doesn't look so faggotish now does it!

-

[ August 01, 2006, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if this is true cummins, thats a bad ass looking jeep man. its just doesnt look like the same one, the top the mirrors,plates,bumper. CLEAN though!! [Whoo Whooooo!] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is for real Eddie. It is the same jeep. Right now I have a hard top on it. It originally came with a faded soft top and I just traded the soft top + 200 for the hard top. The bumper is the same I just pulled off those stupid end caps and sold them. The mirrors are attached to the doors so the half doors in the first pic have different mirror than the full doors in the 2nd pic. This jeep came with both sets of doors when I bought it and they have different type of mirrors on them. I guess they had a different style for half door and different style for full doors. Hell I could sell either set of doors for $1000 no prob. I wonder why the person didn't sell one set? Beats me but hell I ain't complaining I got an extra set of $1000 doors for free! Thanks for the compliment.

[ August 01, 2006, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
props man, shits looking awsome! [dance] what changed my mine about these when i use to see cobrajeep's jeep. rhing is looking bad black on black! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs66/92  Ford pictures for migs66/92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where did you find a deal like that??

--------------------
Ill keep my guns and my money, you can have the change

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice Jeep

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
now bring that thing to the runs this sat.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
CobraTerritory
¯
Member # 6476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraTerritory  Ford pictures for CobraTerritory  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice Find. Wanna Help Me Look For A DD

--------------------
Advanced Auto Built
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords October 2013 Cover Car
1 Of 0 Bright Atlantic Blue Terminator

Posts: 1546 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Yah I really like the all black out look. This little thing is so fun to drive around. Its a night and day difference between this TJ and my CJ7. I found this jeep through a friend who knows I like jeeps. The sellers needed money badly they were in a situation where they needed to get out of the car quickly. One of those "I need cash right now" things. So I offered up 3k and they took it! Hell I should have offered $2500 instead but to tell you the truth I didn't think that they would go for $3k. Especially since it has a clean title and clean history. I was expecting them to counter offer but instead they just asked if I had the money with me. I pulled out 3k and they said SOLD! I quickly signed all the papers and brought it back home before they had time to change their minds.

Bring this to the "runs?" yah right! The only thing this could run is a turtle with a broken leg. Its slow. I'm guessing it would do the 1/4 in 22.

What kind of DD are you looking for?

Thanks for the compliments! This thing is a blast. I am planning to take it out this weekend or next. I'll snap some pics for sure!

--------------------

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks good! RockSliders next?

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Yah I need to armor it up. I already have the kilby gas tank skid and the skidrow engine skid so rock sliders are next. Then I'm done! Well not really you are never done with a jeep. hahahahah!

--------------------

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Done... My Ass [Smile] the money I put into my Jeep so far, if I put that into my GT I would have a bullet proof low 10sec car. I see another 10k going into my Jeep [Eek!] If you need a spare 33" tire let me know I have 3 of them with a little more then 50% tread left on them.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

hahahaha yah I know what you mean. Jeeps are never done! I just want to leave this as my little street/trail rig. I already have a built trail rig so no need to have 2. This one is so fun to drive that I don't want to compromise its streetability. What kind of tires are the 33s?

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

I took the new lil rig out this past weekend and here's a pic. I should have more when my friend uploads his pics. Check out the rear passenger tire its barely hanging on. I actually slipped into the ditch shortly after this pic was taken in the turn coming up. You can see the trail turn to the left. But good news no body damage! I ended up in the ditch a few times. Oh well. I already have a trail rig that makes it through stuff easily but with this new little jeep these trails are much more challenging.

-

[ August 10, 2006, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice. hell that's less than i paid for my 91 [Frown] how much did you pick up that super D35 for? do they have another one for me [Razz]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Done... My Ass [Smile] the money I put into my Jeep so far, if I put that into my GT I would have a bullet proof low 10sec car. I see another 10k going into my Jeep [Eek!] If you need a spare 33" tire let me know I have 3 of them with a little more then 50% tread left on them.

lol i know what you mean, you can't stop putting the money into it

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice choice cummins....that thing is bad ass for sure

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Thanks for the compliments I like this little jeep a lot. I have a few plans for it but its not goign to be a totally built trail rig. I like being able to drive in on the streets

I bought the super 35 complete axle with full detriot locker for $600. I see them now and then for around $700 or so. No I don't have another. LOL. But I can let you know when I see one available if you are interested.

I'm going wheeling again tomorrow so I'll make sure to snap more pics.

[ August 11, 2006, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Well no pics. Boooooo. I took the big jeep and the front end started making noise so I just cruised around in rear drive only. Boring. I think the pinion backed out because the driveshaft would rotate 1/2 turn before the front end engaged. And if I engaged the front it would clunk horribly when driven. So left it in rwd and played around on the sissy trails and got bored quick. But I did get to winch 2 rigs out 1 jeep yj and 1 toy truck. hahahahahaha. Oh well I guess I'll take the little black TJ out next weekend.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com