Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Mary Jane

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Mary Jane
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Officers remove 4,000 marijuana plants in outdoor raid

By Robyn Moormeister
Staff writer
July 25, 2006

Local, state and federal law enforcement officers removed 4,190 marijuana plants and approximately 60 pounds of the processed weed Tuesday morning from two illegal gardens on a mountainside near the town of Washington.

The plants were removed from two large grow sites, which appeared to be overseen by several Mexican Nationals.

One man wearing camouflage was found by officers at a camp above the gardens clipping harvested marijuana.

He ran from the camp when a Nevada County Sheriff’s deputy announced himself, leaving behind a .22 caliber rifle.

A helicopter from the Campaign Against Marijuana Planting (CAMP) searched for the growers but none were located.

Two campsites were littered with evidence - such as empty canned food, gallons of cooking oil and several pounds of tortillas - the growers had been at the site for several months.

Two pellet guns were also found at the site, along with a mouse trap that could be used as part of a booby trap, deputies said.

No one was hurt in the massive eradication, the biggest bust Nevada County has seen since 2000, when the sheriff’s task force removed 1,500 plants from the Ridge area.

Read the full story in Wednesday’s edition of The Union.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68_427_Fastback:

Two pellet guns were also found at the site, along with a mouse trap that could be used as part of a booby trap, deputies said.

What... 12year olds are growing pot [Big Grin]

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So no one was caught, that guy got away or something?

I'll read that whole article tomorrow.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
....gallons of cooking oil and several pounds of tortillas....

lol
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Mad] what a waste [Mad]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
[Mad] what a waste [Mad]

[patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ops raid pot plots

Street value estimated at $12M

By Robyn Moormeister
Staff writer
July 26, 2006

Early Tuesday morning, local, state and federal law enforcement officers surprised a man maintaining his marijuana gardens on a mountainside near the town of Washington.

The man, who officers believed to be a Mexican national, was sitting in his campsite clothed in camouflage, clipping the buds off some plants and listening to his Walkman when nearly 30 officers crept up on him.

They silently crouched down, their AR-15 rifles at the ready, and Nevada County Sheriff’s Deputy Jim Bennett interrupted his work.

“Sheriff’s Office!” yelled Bennett. “Stop!”

As the bewildered man ran down a steep ridge toward the Yuba River, he left his loaded .22 rifle at the campsite alongside the marijuana.

No officers gave chase, as they were concerned that the man may lead them into booby traps, which authorities say is a common problem with Mexican drug cartel gardens.

A Jet Ranger helicopter from the Campaign Against Marijuana Planting (CAMP) searched for about 30 minutes but was unable to spot the man.

Officers rummaged through two campsites, finding two pellet guns, a rat trap — often used for booby traps — and the remnants of several months of camping by at least four people, most likely recruited to maintain and live at the garden by a Mexican drug cartel family.

“These guys have a lot of explaining to do to someone,” said Nevada county Sheriff’s Lt. Ron Smith.

Empty cans of corned beef, beans and vegetables filled trash bags that hung from trees. Several pounds of tortillas, pints of cooking oil and thinning rolls of toilet paper were strewn on the ground on tarps near a tent, which housed a notebook, some dirty blankets and a few toothbrushes.

Nevada County Sheriff’s Narcotics Task Force Case Agent Robby Bringolf reached into the dirt and picked up a pair of men’s boxer shorts, playfully offering them to other officers, who shook their heads.

“Everyone needs a good pair of boxers,” he said.

The officers — from the Nevada County Sheriff’s Special Enforcement Detail, Grass Valley Police Department’s Special Incident Team, United States Forest Service, the Department of Fish and Game, Sierra County Sheriff’s Office and CAMP — removed 4,190 marijuana plants and approximately 60 pounds of the processed weed from two illegal gardens below the campsites.

The total eradication yielded 960 pounds of marijuana plants.

After decorating their camouflage hats with marijuana buds and leaves and taking a few pictures with their camera phones, officers “whacked and stacked,” cutting down plants with machetes and axes and bundling them up for removal by the CAMP helicopter.

The plants, 4 to 5 feet tall with well-developing buds, grew in neat rows with the aid of an extensive irrigation system.

The growers had moved the water from a nearby creek with gravity and PVC pipe.
The street value of the seized plants was an estimated $12 million.

“The money from these grows also perpetuate the meth superlabs,” Smith said, adding that Mexican “superlabs” are located mainly in Southern California and are capable of producing 10 pounds of methamphetamine per day.

No one was hurt in Tuesday’s massive eradication, the largest bust Nevada County has seen since 2000, when the sheriff’s task force removed 1,500 plants from the Ridge.

Smith said prosecution is not likely. The growers’ fingerprints are likely not on file with the sheriff’s office, so any fingerprints collected at the campsites are probably useless.

And if they were caught, he said, they wouldn’t talk because the cartel bosses would most likely have their families killed.

“These guys probably didn’t even know where they were,” Smith said. “They’re brought in at night and they don’t leave. They get (food) deliveries.”

He said the growers had been living near the gardens since April.

The marijuana growing season starts in mid-April with harvests ending in late September or early October. Pre-season enforcement this year by CAMP has resulted in the seizure of more than 50,000 plants, the eradication of nine gardens and the arrest of three people.

Created in 1983, CAMP is a multi-agency law enforcement task force managed by the Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement and composed of local, state and federal agencies.

The marijuana gathered Tuesday morning was delivered to the sheriff’s office, hauled away in a dump truck and buried, Smith said.

The location of the burial, he said, is confidential.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

So now Mexican Mafia dudes are coming up here, maybe thats why at certain parts of the river the mexicans will damage your car and throw burritos at you lol.

[ July 27, 2006, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: 68_427_Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WTFreak?...free burritos, where is this?
Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
So now Mexican Mafia dudes are coming up here, maybe thats why at certain parts of the river the mexicans will damage your car and throw burritos at you lol.

[Confused] wtf where??? and our part of the river is mostly white people so i dont think i have to worry about that they seem to just like to float on the riveer and get drunk

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:
WTFreak?...free burritos, where is this?

LMAO [Big Grin]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by FoRdGiRl:
quote:

[Confused] wtf where??? and our part of the river is mostly white people so i dont think i have to worry about that they seem to just like to float on the riveer and get drunk
Bridgeport is the area off the Yuba River. I go to Edward's Crossing because theres no one there. I haven't been to Bridgeport yet or the South Fork. I heard the South Fork is where all the locals go so i might hit that up soon

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

quote:
quote:
quote:

Bridgeport is the area off the Yuba River. I go to Edward's Crossing because theres no one there. I haven't been to Bridgeport yet or the South Fork. I heard the South Fork is where all the locals go so i might hit that up soon
yea we were out there today by lotus park there were a lot of people there we usually go to spots i know along the river where people arent at or a lot of people but you can go to the river and hit up the bars off 49 [patriot]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

yea we were out there today by lotus park there were a lot of people there we usually go to spots i know along the river where people arent at or a lot of people but you can go to the river and hit up the bars off 49 [patriot]
You going to be around this weekend? I'll take you to a sik ass river spot

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

nope leaving tomorrow morning prob be back up here in a couple weeks or somethign ill let u know when im back and me and my friends go either you can come here or we can meet up w u there will figure it out

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

nope leaving tomorrow morning prob be back up here in a couple weeks or somethign ill let u know when im back and me and my friends go either you can come here or we can meet up w u there will figure it out
I'm gonna bring my cameraand my mask to the river this time. Going to find gold!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm gonna bring my cameraand my mask to the river this time. Going to find gold!
um how is a camera and mask gonna help u find gold [Confused] thought they used a shovel and like pan or something

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

um how is a camera and mask gonna help u find gold [Confused] thought they used a shovel and like pan or something
The camera is going to be for the river and me finding gold and the mask is going to be for me to look at the bottom of the river. I just watched a show where some epople where panning and found nuggets of gold! [Eek!] My friend's uncle has a spot that has produced 2 ounce pieces before so we might go soon. If you don't know 1 ounce of gold is worth 750 dollars.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The camera is going to be for the river and me finding gold and the mask is going to be for me to look at the bottom of the river. I just watched a show where some epople where panning and found nuggets of gold! [Eek!] My friend's uncle has a spot that has produced 2 ounce pieces before so we might go soon. If you don't know 1 ounce of gold is worth 750 dollars.
good shit u can buy me somethign w that money go get ur camera and mask and get your ass out there theres gold to be found [burnout]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

good shit u can buy me somethign w that money go get ur camera and mask and get your ass out there theres gold to be found [burnout]
haha funny shit, i jsut watched a show where they were pulling huge pieces of gold out of the creek with their pan [Eek!] I just found little flakes last time i went panning but what they were finding was huge!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

haha funny shit, i jsut watched a show where they were pulling huge pieces of gold out of the creek with their pan [Eek!] I just found little flakes last time i went panning but what they were finding was huge!
yea i just prefer to enjoy the river [Big Grin]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com