Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » trade opinions?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: trade opinions?
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, a little background. My 1988 salvage coupe I've had for a long time so I'm a little attached to it. But I want a old school. I currently have a 1990 lx convertible and another project 1987 coupe. My mods includes HCI, vortech SQ-2 and a bunch of other stuff. My other thoughts are to sell my blue coupe to my younger brother for pretty cheap just to keep it close. Opinions?
 -

-

his car: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/182448101.html

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say if you're going to sell it, sell it to someone far away so you don't have to go through the pain of seeing someone else driving it around town....JMO

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually inquired about that blue 67.
The owner sent me pics and the other side of the car (of course the side that is not shown) is dinged up bad enough for me to have passed.

I am not really in the market for a classic, but I always browse. If I find a very nice 65-68 for under $5K, I'll pick it up.

And drew is right, when I sell a car, I NEVER want to see it again. Out of site, out of mind.

I never sell a car unless I am absolutely sure that I am over it, however

[ July 17, 2006, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a soft spot for my little brother so I'd go ahead and jug it off for the little bro. But I always flex the big brother muscle and say I'll take it back if he dont act right with it. Nice coupe BTW.
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
I say if you're going to sell it, sell it to someone far away so you don't have to go through the pain of seeing someone else driving it around town....JMO

[patriot] agreed. I would never want to see someone driving my car that I put blood and sweat into. But if your brother wants it, I say sell it to him. At least he's not a stranger and you won't feel TOO bad seeing someone else driving it.

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

whyteLX5.0
¯
Member # 6023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whyteLX5.0  Ford pictures for whyteLX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep your car its too clean!
Posts: 195 | From: Pittsburg/Antioch | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i sold my clean '97 cobra to my older brother thinking he was going to keep it in the family long for super cheap. he drives it for 1 year then decides to sell it. he only took back what he paid for it and the rest of the money we put it into our house, but still....

now that i think about it, i should have sold it to someone myself far away or keep it b/c i really didn't need to sell it. i only thought i had to sell it [Frown] .

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
trade it. that old school will be worth more down the road
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep it since its a salvage. You wont be able to get good money for it. I'd say sell it to your bro and keep it in the family or keep and paint your damn window moldings the stock black color [Razz] [Big Grin] [Wink] . Good Luck either way [patriot]

[ July 18, 2006, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My big problem is I hate seliing any mustangs, I've owned many cars but for some reason hate giving up the stangs. The window molding is a quick fix by just putting new ones on. Another Idea would be to take the blower off and put it on the new project then sell it to the younger brother. He's only 9 1/2 months younger than me. Another issue would be his twin would want one also. I feel like this time around (building a mustang), I know more of the direction I want to go in. So the 1987 will be the way I want it. Thanks for everyones opinions, we will see how it plays out.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com