Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Questions on Saleen s-281 s/c ??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Questions on Saleen s-281 s/c ??
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My cousin just picked up a 2001 Saleen SC and wanted to see if there are any things he should watch out for on these cars. Should he go about just doing regular maintenace on it, or are there certain things that should be done since its supercharged?

Also, there is an "Intercool H20 Temperature" gauge in the center pod. We were wondering what this gauge monitors since I didn't see any stock intercooler anywhere. Annyone know what this is?

Lastly, does anyone know what kind of numbers these things put down to the wheels? All it has is a BBK off-rad X-pipe and Borla mufflers.

Thanks for the info in advance guys [patriot] [burnout]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

S351-R
CAFords OG
Member # 1605

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S351-R  Ford pictures for S351-R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The intercooler is a liquid-type intercooler (look under the hood and you will see the tank for the intercooler near the fan shroud). The intercooler temperature gauge monitors the temperature of the liquid. The intercooler sits under the supercharger so it is not visible. As far as maintenance, it shouldn't be any different since it still has the stock 2V motor. Although, because of the supercharger, 91 octane fuel is a requirement.
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the info on the intercooler [Smile] Does anyone know what kind of numbers it should be putting down at stock boost with an offroad x-pipe?

--------------------

DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's a photo of my old Saleen when the blower took a dump. The blower was removed and you can see the intercooler. If I remember right, the sensor for your intercooler gauge is located in the "expansion tank" (the small tank near the radiatior). http://f3.yahoofs.com/users/41de89a0z819463d3/2af8/__sr_/673c.jpg?phgR6uEBJYNAAdRy

My Saleen was a 2000 and apparently there were a few blowers produced during that time where the tolerances were not to spec. All of a sudden it sounded like a screwdriver was inside the blower when I was out in the middle of no where on highway 5 going to the Saleen show. Numbers for that year were around 275-295 hp to the wheels. Not very impressive for a "blown" V8. I took my 2000 vert to the track and had a best of 13.5 @ 104mph. Lots of wheels spin. [burnout] I dyno'd at 311hp and 383tq with a/f problems (added pulley, filter, and x-pipe).
 -

[ July 17, 2006, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: DennisG ]

--------------------
Chrysler 2006 300C 6.1 SRT8
Stock with 1400 miles -13.2 @ 108.5

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In the middle of 2000 they swithced to a Saleen Series II. My original was a series I that I swapped. Both series I/II were eaton based blowers that heatsoak pretty quickly. THe series IV twinscrew came out a bit later but still does not produce high hp due to a faulty Saleen intakes that are used on all years from 99-04. The heat exchanger is in the front of the bumper like the cobra cars. The heat exchangers can be swapped like on the cobras. Most produce low 300hp to the ground depending on mods. Exhaust, pulley, 90 mm maf, 75mm tb, 42lb injectors, and tune have netted some cars with about 350hp and above. I like many Saleen SC owners blew my motor by installing a pulley with no tune or fuel pump. They are decently fast netting low 13's with good traction. Or even bettter times if you reduce your weight to 3000lbs like my car. You can change the supercharger oil on the blower and make sure the temp guage does not go too high. All other maintenance should be done like on regular 2v cars. [patriot]

[ July 17, 2006, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: SEMPERFI510 ]

Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ASK SIKLEEN..he is on here sometimes and his car was pretty fast at first with just 3.73s,k&N FIPK kit, and bassani x with borlas was a good 12 sec. car and then after warrenty and 3 motors he went HCI built motor no cams with a direct shot of NOS and layed down 550+ and ran 130 in the 1/4 i believe...those cars are tempermental so watch your tune with the saleen ECU..

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

thanks for the info everyone. I thought they'd make around 330rwhp all stock since its blown [Embarrassed] Since my cousin isn't a very mechanical person, I better tell him to avoid the modding before he finds out what mods are worthwhile and safe [Big Grin] Thanks again [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com