Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Pictures of aftermarket seats please

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Pictures of aftermarket seats please
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really want to see a pic of the apex ones installed. (please no flames I know just the mention of Apex starts shit but please no bashing). I am looking at putting some aftermarket seats in my stang and just want to see what some look like, comfort.....bla, bla. Any advice or opinions on the diff brands appreciated too,.

[ July 13, 2006, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no one has some in their car with pics?
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have em but have yet to install them in my 92. dont waste your money on their crappy seat adapters to use your stock rails. there was a huge thread on corral about how these adapters make the seats sit too high.
as far as the seats, for the money they're definitely worth the cash. ill post pics when i finally get the seats in..gotta have mike(injected66) modify my stock brackets to work with these seats.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had these seats in since December..They're all right, you get what you pay for..The sit very high, so if you're tall its going tuff to fit your legs between the seat and steering wheel. Unless you tilt the wheel like a bus driver..

-

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

damn, those are the apex seats? Yea I think I am a little too big to sit like that.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
damn, those are the apex seats? Yea I think I am a little too big to sit like that.

they're not bad at all and reclineable. the key is getting the right brackets so you're at the right height. with the apex brackets, my knees nearly hit the steering wheel and from the outside you can practically see my torso(or seems that way).

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got these about 5 years ago when I had my Saleen. They were Cobra Daytona seats. I had them recovered in a two-tone with the Saleen logo. They were very comfortable but I remember them sitting slightly higher than the stock ones also.
 -

--------------------
Chrysler 2006 300C 6.1 SRT8
Stock with 1400 miles -13.2 @ 108.5

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DennisG:
I got these about 5 years ago when I had my Saleen. They were Cobra Daytona seats. I had them recovered in a two-tone with the Saleen logo. They were very comfortable but I remember them sitting slightly higher than the stock ones also.
 -

Do you remember how much it cost you to have them reupholstered?

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't remember exactly. I bought the seats from paperflamesracing.com but they are long gone now. They were not cheap that's for sure. I think they were around $2k for seats, reupholster, embroidered saleen logos, harnessess, chrome seat adjustments on boths sides, and rails.

--------------------
Chrysler 2006 300C 6.1 SRT8
Stock with 1400 miles -13.2 @ 108.5

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com