Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 03 terminator

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 03 terminator
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much is a 2003 10th anniversry mustang cobra worth?
black paint, red seats, convert., aftermarket chrome rims. some panels are not original paint. seats are a little faded. 19,900 miles.

31,900?

would that be wise to trade an 06 gt for a 03 cobra? thats trading down? max horsepower on the cobra is 675?
gt 450?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by o6 ford:
how much is a 2003 10th anniversry mustang cobra worth?
black paint, red seats, convert., aftermarket chrome rims. some panels are not original paint. seats are a little faded. 19,900 miles.

31,900?

would that be wise to trade an 06 gt for a 03 cobra? thats trading down? max horsepower on the cobra is 675?
gt 450?

dont worry about max power its all about how you build it and money...as far as the cobra NO WAY, you can find a nice clean one for 27 sounds like that one is beat and has been wrecked
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell NO!! Were'nt you upside down on the current deal? That cobra is not worth $31k. More like $19-21K.
Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
Hell NO!! Were'nt you upside down on the current deal? That cobra is not worth $31k. More like $19-21K.

Yeah, it sounds like it has been beat. It would be worth a lot more if it wasn't wrecked.

As far as max hp, some guys have over 1,000rwhp so really it's your budget that will limit the power (a turbo kit will mean the sky is the limit). And I hardly feel that trading in a GT is a taking a step down. You just won't get the potential in the GT that you will in the Cobra. I say definitely get a Cobra if you can, but find a better deal. And don't get black!!! lol

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can find 03's all day long for under 30k (maybe not verts). As far as "max power" goes always remember

horsepower = $$$

You can make that shit as fast as you want as long as you've got the $$$.

If you really want an '03 Cobra I would sell your '06 and by an '03. You may even have some money left over for mods [Wink]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Juiced-03:
And don't get black!!! lol

Hey easy there man i just picked up another 03 Cobra yesterday and it's BLACK [Razz] LOL

Much less than 30K with mods.

Something smells fishy about that Cobra you speak of [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for klonoa  Ford pictures for klonoa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
going rate for 03-04's right now is about 25-27k.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra - 454 rwhp - 470rwtq
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Posts: 938 | From: Richmond, Cali. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:
And don't get black!!! lol

Hey easy there man i just picked up another 03 Cobra yesterday and it's BLACK [Razz] LOL

bahaha I feel for you man, I do!! haha j/k

Been there done that, just too much of a pain to keep clean! But it's awesome to see you back in the game either way.

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

bahaha I feel for you man, I do!! haha j/k

But it's awesome to see you back in the game either way. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Thanks man! [Big Grin] Wanna come over and help detail it [Razz]

Now back to the thread.....get an 03/04 Cobra mildly mod it and have a great time with it...that's what i plan to do [burnout]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would think $25-27K would be a bit more reasonable

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn! I got my 03 terminator for 26k, and its a vert.

werent you already upside down on the 06?

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't you pay 723 a month just for your car now? chances are you currently owe more than your car is worth if you were upside down before you traded it in.
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah I'm upside down and have bad credit.

I'd have to make a large down payment.

I never drove a terminator til today. it was a white hard top. bigger pulley. big ass cold air.and 2 cats were removed.

problems..seat belt,traction control doesn't work, dings & chips,non original paint,fenders out of adjustment,tires don't grip for shit(nitto) and the biggest thing that bugged me was I heard pinging under the car. like bad gas. I asked the guy what he did. maybe he put 87 octane? so I filled it up with 91. it was still pinging. only at low revs in high gear???
is it because the cats were removed?
some times I skip shift for gas mileage. this car pings if you don't beat the crap out of it?
IS that normal? are the valves going? 40k miles.
I used to have a vette and I could go 1 to 4th with no ping.
I think the asking price was 27k. my friend got him down to 25k.

still looking at the '06 GTO. and more terminators. the slp kit for the terminator is 2,600. (575 hp)
aftermarket for the GTO is gay.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1) your negative equity on the 06 will follow to any loan you take out.

2) Your bad credit will make it hard to get a loan, and if you did get one, the interest rate would be stupid high.

3) that car sounds fuked. The bodywork can cost some major $$$ to fix correctly.

The pinging could be an exhaust leak. I had it on my old mach, one of the x pipe bolts came loose.

the trac control not working? how did you deduce that?

I know for damn sure I wouldnt be buying that car for no 25k! Thats one that needs to be lowballed if you are serious. Who knows the real extent of the damage/repairs??

What you should do is keep the 06, save some money, pay the 06 down and in a year or so look at what you can afford.

good luck.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your getting yourself into a vicious cycle. As much as you want a new car (Terminator) it is not worth it. Unless you have the money. Which if you did, you would have not been going upside into your last deal. PAY your DEBT first! While your at it, fix your credit too! Believe it or not, you can repair a lot of bad credit and begin to get loans in the amounts that you need at a rate that you want. What exaclty is wrong with your credit?

[ July 13, 2006, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

I bought the 06 november of 2005.

I don't think it was an exhaust leak I stuck my head under the car. the traction control doesn't work cuz I got sideways everytime I touched the button. the light never turned off.

I think 5k should be sufficient down payment?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep the GT dump the 5k into a blower and be happy with the car.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would sell your current ride and pay cash for a used car to get your self out of debt and break the vicious cycle of car payments because going through life sucking the dicks of the banks and the car dealers will eventually force you to work as a shopping cart attendant in your retirement years. If you don't believe me, next time you go to a shit hole WallMart store, take note at the amount of old retired people working there. [Eek!]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

good point about walmart.

I already researched every option about my car. Dumping money into my engine isn't worth it. The motor isn't strong enough. It will never compare to a svt.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

quote:
I bought the 06 november of 2005.

I don't think it was an exhaust leak I stuck my head under the car. the traction control doesn't work cuz I got sideways everytime I touched the button. the light never turned off.

I think 5k should be sufficient down payment?

He probably had a Predator tune. You can set the TC to be off all of the time. What you described is exactly how I have mine set. Even if you press the button, the light stays on.

--------------------

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can buy my 04 Cobra it has the normal upgrades pulley etc. It is redfire in color and in excellent conditon. Let me know if you are interested. It put down about 465rwhp with cats before I put on an catless x pipe

[ July 13, 2006, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: 91 5.0 5speed ]

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

sounds nice, how much? how many miles? what kind of rims and tires?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

quote:
sounds nice, how much? how many miles? what kind of rims and tires?

Just turned 33,000 it has stock Chrome 17 unch cobra rims. If you ar still interested let me know and I will shoot you a price

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com