Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » A/C Smells !!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: A/C Smells !!
Full_Blown_Cobra
¯
Member # 6548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Full_Blown_Cobra  Ford pictures for Full_Blown_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My a/c smells old and I don't know what to do, is there a filter under the dash or something to change?

--------------------
Theres notthing like being blown!!

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Full_Blown_Cobra:
My a/c smells old and I don't know what to do, is there a filter under the dash or something to change?

Its prob all that dust that has been collecting since the last time you used it. I would just let it air out.
DaveG
¯
Member # 1606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveG  Ford pictures for DaveG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The smell is from mold growing in the moisture that has accumilated. You'll want to make sure that the drain is not plugged for your evaporator. Quick fix is to spray Lysol or your favorite sanitizer into the vent intake with fan on. What I normally tell folks is to turn off the A/C a couple of blocks from your destination to let the condensation dry out from your evaporator. Run your vent more often to help circulate air throughout the system.

--------------------
DaveG
96-0029 S-351
Supercharged Speedster
613rwhp, 633rwtq

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com