Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Opinions on 69 Fastback

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Opinions on 69 Fastback
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the opportunity to get a 69 Fastback from my uncle. It has been repainted a gun metal grey(nice paint job I was told) and has rebuilt motor and tranny. The interior does need to be re-done. It was my uncles son (my cousin, even though I only met a couple times) that died and he has been holding on to it and not wanting to let it go. What do you guys think of these body styles? He wants me to have it since I am in to Mustangs. I like the older fastbacks but have been looking at pics and these can look pretty mean to. I dont want to take it and then want to get rid of it. He wants it to stay in the family. I dont think he is even going to charge me for it.....OPINIONS on the body style?

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
69 Fastbacks are very popular and extremly nice. If you don't want it...sell it to me.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its sik. I think the 69 Mustangs look mean, the back quarter panel being bigger gives it more of a muscular look i think. The 67-68 Mustangs kinda have that but not so pronounced as the 69-70s

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those things are UGLY!!! Just get it and give it to me, you dont want that thing sitting in your garage.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

My Aunt and Uncle got a 69 Mach 1 for free from some guy. They are nice looking cars. Get it!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
seeing that pic of the green one make me want it.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
69grandecj
¯
Member # 5794

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69grandecj  Ford pictures for 69grandecj  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1969 Mustangs, IMHO, are the best looking Mustangs ever built.

-

[ July 10, 2006, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: 69grandecj ]

--------------------
1969 Lime Gold Grande 428CJ 1 of 37
1969 Indian Fire SportsRoof
1989 Black GT Convertible 22k miles
2006 F-250 PSD Lariat CC

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any free running car = must have
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Any free running car = must have

especially any free running CLASSIC. Man u better jump all over that. So when do you pick it up [Big Grin]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you pick it up and dont really like it that much just give it time and it will grow on you. youll eventually love it. best part about it is that it really doesnt look like any other stang so most people will recognize it

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TAKE IT ASAP! I love 69-70 fastbacks! Make it a mach 1 clone and it'll be one mean mo fo [burnout]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
I have the opportunity to get a 69 Fastback from my uncle. It has been repainted a gun metal grey(nice paint job I was told) and has rebuilt motor and tranny. The interior does need to be re-done. It was my uncles son (my cousin, even though I only met a couple times) that died and he has been holding on to it and not wanting to let it go. What do you guys think of these body styles? He wants me to have it since I am in to Mustangs. I like the older fastbacks but have been looking at pics and these can look pretty mean to. I dont want to take it and then want to get rid of it. He wants it to stay in the family. I dont think he is even going to charge me for it.....OPINIONS on the body style?

I cant believe im reading this!!! [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
69grandecj
¯
Member # 5794

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69grandecj  Ford pictures for 69grandecj  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is a grey one owned by someone up in Sacramento.
 -

--------------------
1969 Lime Gold Grande 428CJ 1 of 37
1969 Indian Fire SportsRoof
1989 Black GT Convertible 22k miles
2006 F-250 PSD Lariat CC

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
65-70 Mustang fastbacks are absolutely off the hook!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ August 11, 2006, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
When you hit the high beams a little light up horse comes on the dash. I believe the interior of the 69/70s is where the sn95s got there inspiration..sort of. Ive always liked the 69 fastbacks esp the BOSS cars and to a lesser the Mach 1s but the coupe never really did it for me. Man get that thing and take good care of it..i would feel honored if i were you.

I think hte 68s had that horse thing too cause my guage pod/dash has a little horse in the middle of it that looks like a light.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it comes on Red which is very cool.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
unless it is for a sentimental reason you are considering not taking. then cool. But other than that. You need a giant smack for even asking. Get it man. Those are by far the best looking stangs out there. I am plotting on gettin one, one day. I dont get jealous often, but I am jealous of you right now... [worship]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com