Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Does anyone work for sprint?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone work for sprint?
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let me know if you do, thanks.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the A900 aka blade. I bought it about 4 months ago, and it does not work anymore. I didn't drop it or anything. I was wondering if there is a warrnty or anything on it. I dont have the insurance. I hope I dont have to buy another phone at full price. The cheapest phone is $150. I think I would rather just pay to get out of my contract, than buy a new phone. How is sprint about helping people out when things like this happens? Are there any strings I can pull to get myself a phone free?

--------------------

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
something like this happened to me about a year or two ago... if it is still under the manufactures warantey (1 year) then you are good... you just have to take it in and have a tech determine what caused the damage and if it is not your fault you send it in and they replace it FREE!

-Samuel

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Well, the only thing that I am worried about is that it has a few scratches on it, and they might say it came from being dropped or something. I did drop it once, but that was when I first got it, and it worked fine for months after that. Hopefully I can find someone cool at a sprint store that will just give me a new one.

--------------------

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Well, I went to a sprint store today, droped the phone off and came back. They said they would have my phone repaired or replaced by the time I got back in 45min. When I got back they said my phone had water damage and they could not do anything about it. I argued with them for a half hour and all they did was offer to sell me a used phone???? I hate sprint. This is the last of several problems that I will ever have with them! They have shut a co worker of mines phone off twice in the last month for know reason. After arguing with them for days they finally admited they screwed up, and all they did was turn his phone back on!!!! This is a $400 phone that lasted 3 months!! I will gladly pay the money to cancel my contract. I have been with about every wireless company there is and SPRINT IS BY FAR THE WORST, and Verizon is by far the best. Do not make the same mistake I did by signing up with sprint.

--------------------

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahaha they told me the saaaaaaame shit! in my case the screen had black spots on it i dont know wtf happend and they told me that i got it wet somehow b/c some blue piece of shit turned pink?! [Confused] the people they have working there are dumbfucks! i argued with them for about 30-45 mins and nothing was resolved...as soon as my contract is up im done with them! im thinkn about verizon....anyone have any good or bad feedback about them?
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive been with verizon for many years...since gte days. never had any major problems..always reliable. a bit pricey but you pay for the quality...and its top notch. almost switched to cingular when the razr first came out...and almost did it when it came out in black...instead i kept my v710 with the transflash card and always blow people away with all the shit my phone can do: play full length albums(mp3s) full length movies...and custom mp3 ringers and wallpaper and screen savers...its tight... oh yeah by the way...i play my mp3's on my car stereo with an adapter on my phone... now im lookin at either the new moto q or new razr v3m with transflash card... go with verizon..u cant go wrong.

[ July 11, 2006, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: BUKSING ]

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love sprint I get reception everywhere! And with my equipment protection program they replace or repair your phone hassle-free. I just upgraded to the pocket pc phone. They have great rebates. Sorry to hear about they have really great customer service in SSF and San Mateo. good luck

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
xchpstang
¯
Member # 1206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xchpstang  Ford pictures for xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Same here, have Treo 700p with Sprint and get awesome reception all over the Bay, lightning fast data speeds, and reasonable prices. My advice: get equipment protection next time, saves you the hassle and aggravation from whatever the cause of the failure.

--------------------
04 Cobra, K&N FIPK,

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Any other company wouldn't have givin me hassle. They would of just fixed the problem or atleast helped me with the problem. Everyone that I have ever heard say they like Sprint either has not been with them very long, or has not had other carriers to compare them to. Equipment protection has its downsides. They will screw you someday.

--------------------

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eagle347:
Any other company wouldn't have givin me hassle. They would of just fixed the problem or atleast helped me with the problem. Everyone that I have ever heard say they like Sprint either has not been with them very long, or has not had other carriers to compare them to. Equipment protection has its downsides. They will screw you someday.

i work with both sprint/nextel and cingular. both play the water damage card all day. thats why companies started putting these little stickers in the battery compartment. if it turns red or anything close to redish they call water damage. or if its removed warranty is voided also. check your phone for the sticker should be a little round sticker light blue or white if it hasn't gotten wet. if it still is white then take the phone to another store. or if you have an older sprint phone that you can have hooked up or don't need yours for a few weeks take it to a radioshack and have them send it to there repair company. its a 3rd party company that works directly with the manufacturer. if they say it got wet,it got wet.

Justin

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah but in reality it's their word against yours.

Since they already have your CC number and all you information it's ultimately up to the cell phone tech. or employee you are arguing with. Sounds like you just have a shady local branch.

I mean it's around $100-400 for a new phone/plan with MILLIONS of customers. If the branch fucks over 5 people thats $500 of new business + commission these people are making not including the monthly fee. Who says they can't play the water damage card if they fuck with that sticker on the battery.

It's big business and we are at the lowest rung of the ladder. [Frown]

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
first off, I hear you on the resentment of having a Sprint contract. I bought it down in Fresno, then moved to Sacramento. I had mediocre service in Fresno, but up here it was just plain unacceptable. I tried many times to get my phone fixed and stick with em, but it was pointless; all they could do is offer me free internet for a month or want to charge me $40 to look at my phone (yes, just look; it would be even more if they could fix it). calling customer service only got me somebody in India who spoke broken english. I switched to MetroPCS, which was good for calling/txting a lot, but I couldn't download anything and I couldn't surf the web like I (sometimes) could with Sprint, and I couldn't go out of town with it. My Metro phone took a shit and they too tried to screw me over (changing the fucking faceplate on the phone isn't going to break anything, but it will void the warranty!). So I went and checked out Verizon and Cingular. I saw the VX9800 and decided I wanted that phone, got service with Verizon (and a job) and have been happy so far. My phone kicks major ass, I have very reliable service wherever I go, and I love being able to watch videos and listen to music on my phone.

having said all that, if your phone got wet there's really not much you can do if you don't have insurance or some type of warranty covering water damage. the batteries and phones do have little pieces of litmus paper that turs color (usually white with red dots or x's to pink) when wet. if you didn't sign up for insurance, you kinda screwed yourself. I know we at Verizon couldn't do anything for you except recommend a new phone (at full retail) or to try ebay.

BUKSING it depends on what you want to do with your phone if you're deciding between the Q and the RAZR. I'd personally go with the Q because it can do so much more than any old RAZR. sure the V3M has Vcast and transflash, but the Q has windows mobile, WMP, IE, etc. Just keep in mind that you can only view documents like excel etc., unlike a treo which lets you edit such documents. Oh, and the Q uses MiniSD, not TF.
I can't wait to get my 1GB MiniSD card and put some videos and stuff on my phone and our display Q. right now it just turns on, won't surf and doesn't have internet connection so we can't really show it off [Frown]

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com