Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » jetskis, PWC

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: jetskis, PWC
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm looking to get one in the near future, but i don't really know much about them. i do know that i want a 2-seater and it will be used for casual riding, no major tricks or anything like that. i do like speed and power.

any suggestions on what brands and models to look at or stay away from? reliability is important as well. any other info would be great, thanks.

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i say the new yamaha or the new turbo honda

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yamaha should still have their deal going on with their waverunners. $79 a month for 2 years. What kind of water are you planning on playing on? If you want to drop 11-14k on a ski, def go w/ a honda. If you are more in the 7-9k range, stick w/ the yamaha 1200.

--------------------
Av8er for life.....

Myspace is ghey!

Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
510 mob shit
¯
Member # 2117

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510 mob shit  Ford pictures for 510 mob shit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you dont want to do any tricks but you want to go fast get the rxp its the fastest ski they make!!! 215 horsepower

--------------------
FHFC

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i don't really have a price range. i just want one thats fast and reliable, no tricks. i'm going to speed most of my time in the delta.

are they all as reliable, honda, sea-doo, yamaha, and such? i want to get opinions on why one is better than the other.

stevo, why the honda over the yamaha? i guess i can say i'll spend up to 14k.

510 mob shit
¯
Member # 2117

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510 mob shit  Ford pictures for 510 mob shit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sea doo rxp..sea doo has been around the longest, you can get a 5 year warranty if it makes you feel good inside.im telling you the rxp blows everthing else out of the water on speed!!

--------------------
FHFC

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would get a 3 seater, 4 stroke. If you want to legally tow a skier, you need a driver, flagger, and a spot for the person being towed. Also a 4-stroke so that you don't have to worry about lakes that ban them.

I believe some 2-stroke were "tahoe legal" haven't followed PWC's in a couple years since mine got totalled.

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My buddie has a new honda turbo, its unbelivable fast you can actually feel when the turbo spools up. Sea doos are hard to kill also been around in the game forever

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what i've been told, Yamaha and Kawasaki are the best out there. my friend has a 2000 GP1200 waverunner. I rode it and was blown away by how fast it is. It make's my old wetjet seem slow and boring. Also polaris has some good models

[ July 09, 2006, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want balls to the wall speed, the Seadoo RXP or RXT no doubt. The Honda Turbo would be a worthy consideration as well, but not quite as powerful.

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just find a Kawasaki Ultra 150 thats in good condition. It's a 1500 cc two stroke two seater that rips. I've seen an 02' Ultra 150 with Factory Pipe's Triple Pipe, good jetting, impeller, and a high compression head hit 82 mph on radar.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been on Kawis, Yamahas, Sea Dos, and the Hondas w/ the turbo in it and felt the Honda had the best overall feel on the water as far as the holeshot is concerned. Yea, the Honda lags on top speed, but the holeshot is what you are looking for. Manuverability is also a plus on the Honda compared to the compeditors. I can take a Honda 3 seater and turn it @ 50mph @ full deflection and not even throw anyone off. All the others failed on that. Any other questions, lemme know. I shopped around for waverunners before I went w/ the airplane project.

--------------------
Av8er for life.....

Myspace is ghey!

Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
NO MANRZ
¯
Member # 566

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MANRZ  Ford pictures for NO MANRZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 510 mob shit:
sea doo rxp..sea doo has been around the longest, you can get a 5 year warranty if it makes you feel good inside.im telling you the rxp blows everthing else out of the water on speed!!

We just broke in a brand new rxp not too long ago. Let me tell you, going full throttle on that thing is intense. I love it. Had the speedo up to 72 mph the other day with a small chop, I know that might not be right on but I was hauling. I raced a few boats that day and spanked them really hard.
¯
Member # 1904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 51505.0  Ford pictures for 51505.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a RXP, i got mine for 11500 OTD with an extended warranty. I have raced alot of ski's on the water and nothing comes close to my RXP except another RXP.
510 mob shit
¯
Member # 2117

man im telling you ive been riding skis since i was young and i know what im talking about,look online and go to all the web pages nobody comes within 25 h.p to the rxp so stop listing to all these people and go buy one..ive rode all of the new skis for raw power its the rxp.....the others are nice but for what your asking for i think the best is the sea doo

--------------------
FHFC

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

510 mob shit: thanks for the advice. i always like to hear opinions from all around. the more the better, right?

thanks everyone, keep it coming.

naych
¯
Member # 223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for naych  Ford pictures for naych    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just bought 2 seadoo's rxp and gti le...rxp is very fast..i am happy with them.. I go out to folsom lake almost every weekend with my buddy and he's got yamaha 110 deluxe...you're welcome to join us and test them out...

Naych

--------------------
2001 GT Laser Red Tint
Full Saleen Conversion
Vortech SQ with 2.87 Plly
04 Escalade
white diamond on 24's(stolen)
05 yamaha r1

Posts: 308 | From: sacramento, ca. usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

naych

thanks for the offer, greatly appreciated [patriot] .

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com