Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Need advice before 4pm today...to sell the notch or not???? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Need advice before 4pm today...to sell the notch or not????
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As many of you may know, I've been putting my notch on craigslist just to see what kind of offers I could get. An older guy checked it out last week and seriously wants it. He is willing to pay me close to my asking price and now I'm not sure if I really want to sell it. [Frown]

If I do sell the notch, I plan on getting a nice 64-68 coupe to jus cruise around in.

Please give me any and all feedback. He wants to meet me at 5pm to close have his mechanic check it out. If his mechanic says its good to go, he wants to seal the deal. Should I do it and get a classic cruiser [Confused]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you're not 100% sure, which it sounds like, then most likely it's not. Just my opinion.
Good Luck! [patriot]

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWayzSix:
As many of you may know, I've been putting my notch on craigslist just to see what kind of offers I could get. An older guy checked it out last week and seriously wants it. He is willing to pay me close to my asking price and now I'm not sure if I really want to sell it. [Frown]

If I do sell the notch, I plan on getting a nice 64-68 coupe to jus cruise around in.

Please give me any and all feedback. He wants to meet me at 5pm to close have his mechanic check it out. If his mechanic says its good to go, he wants to seal the deal. Should I do it and get a classic cruiser [Confused]

Why dont you want to sell the car? Im assuming you dont drive it much, as you said your scared of it getting stolen. If I were you Id just buy and alarm and auto lock and drive the piss out of the notch. Although a guy on here posted a pic of his restored stang thats volcano red and its CLEAN....

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you have doubts now you'll regret it later on. not knowing ur financial situation, id keep it if i were u.
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unless you have to, don't sell it if you have doubts...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like my grandfather always say "A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush"

If you dont need to, dont sell it. Stack your cash and buy another car (that 68 you want). Your car is pretty damn clean and a head turner. I would keep it.

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why do the sell not sell game every week, if you are gonna put the car up for sell then sell it. Don't have someone go through the hassel of getting his mechanic for you to back out at the last min.

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
why do the sell not sell game every week, if you are gonna put the car up for sell then sell it. Don't have someone go through the hassel of getting his mechanic for you to back out at the last min.

thats the thing. I feel bad because I was sure i wanted to sell it, but then I drove it this whole week and it kind of changed my mind [Frown]

As for my money situation, its pretty stable. i'm not in need of cash right now, but he's offering me a pretty penny for it and I can use that money to buy a fairly decent classic...which is my other car of choice [Smile] I'm still thinking about it, since I know I will probably regret it if I get a replacement that I dont enjoy. When will this car be considered a "classic" [Big Grin]

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If someone wants to give you close to $9K for that thing, take it and RUN, before he changes his mind!

(:

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
If someone wants to give you close to $9K for that thing, take it and RUN, before he changes his mind!

(:

thats what I was thinking... [burnout] but I still don't know [Embarrassed]

--------------------

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWayzSix:
quote:

(:

thats what I was thinking... [burnout] but I still don't know [Embarrassed]
if its ur "baby" dont do it,, but if your getting 9k for it and you really want to build a nice classic,, DO IT!,, best thing is to make a decision and stick with it,, PERIOD [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bro, grow some balls, be a man, and make some decision! [Wink]

Remember 65-68 Stangs are sooo much cooler than foxes. They garner much more respect/props, are far more noticeable, and recognized by everyone, from an 8 year old boy to a 80 year old grandma.

No smog too! [patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

(:

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
best thing is to make a decision and stick with it,, PERIOD [patriot]

I agree 100%. There is nothing worse that a man that can't make up his mind and stick with it. By letting the "what ifs" float around in your mind, you are wasting the buyers time and playing with your own emotions, smokeeeeey!

--------------------
Stangless

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sell it [Wink]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

(:

9k?? I'd sell it. That's a lot of dough. Classic's are fun (I miss mine [Frown] ) but they are a lot more work to keep running. Make sure you have a daily driver [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Procharged2Kv6
¯
Member # 1563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Procharged2Kv6  Ford pictures for Procharged2Kv6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't Do it bro... NoOOoOoOoo:o

--------------------
2006 C6 Victory Red
Manual 6 Speed
Stock, For Now!

*SOLD*2003 Cobra Vert
*SOLD*Supercharged V6 Stang
(11PSI)

Posts: 579 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
quote:

(:

9k?? I'd sell it. That's a lot of dough. Classic's are fun (I miss mine [Frown] ) but they are a lot more work to keep running. Make sure you have a daily driver [patriot]
Agreed. Take the 9k for it, especially if you can't have fun driving it because its too hot...

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:

Agreed, but dont sell if your not sure. Sell if you need the cash, but I wouldn't sell it to get an older car IMO. If you're bored with it already you shouldn't of bought in the first place. If its your daily driver definately dont sell it for an older car. [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
droptp50
¯
Member # 5546

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptp50  Ford pictures for droptp50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep it! you probly will regret it

--------------------
91 gt vert - sold
89 lx hatch

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SO WHAT HAPPENED?? SELL OR NO SELL?

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

I kept it [Big Grin] The guy's mechanic wasn't available today, so instead of going there, I went to my boy's muffler shop and had him re-check the car for any exhaust leaks. One of the main reasons I wanted to sell it was because I couldnt stand the fumes going into the car while driving...and I never found out where it was coming from. UNTIL TODAY [Whoo Whooooo!] We lifted the car up and found A LOT of tiny holes where the mufflers were connected onto. Seems that whoever installed the tail pipes and mufflers did a pretty half-ass job and missed a few spots [Roll Eyes]

Now, I can't smell much fumes and hopefully will be able to drive it the way I should be [Big Grin] I called the guy and told him that I wasn't ready to part with it and that was that.

And to those concerned about the money, he wasnt giving me the full $9000 so I'm not TOO upset. I think I'll be keeping it for a while now. Plus, the 68 that I had my eyes on got sold yesterday, so that kind of messed me up. Thanks for the input fellas [burnout]

--------------------

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you know how it feels to have sex with a "new" girl.

have hella cash to make that car whatever you want.

no smog.

what is the weight difference?

You never get what you put into a car. and if you do get want you want, cash$$$$$. TAKE IT WITH OUT HESITATION.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit happens for a reason
510 mob shit
¯
Member # 2117

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510 mob shit  Ford pictures for 510 mob shit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would of took 9000 and ran that paint cant be worth that much

--------------------
FHFC

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com