Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Picked up a 57 Bel Air this weekend

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Picked up a 57 Bel Air this weekend
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We made the long haul from the southern valley and back on saturday. But it was worth it. The car belonged to a late Uncle and has been sitting the garage for years. Here are some quick snaps of the 57. We want to bring it back to its glory days. Does anyone know of any good classic car or chevy forums? Also I am looking for a complete carburated built 350 (i think thats the biggest I can put in there if not the biggest setup without any cutting) and tranny. Here are the pics.

-

-

-

[ July 03, 2006, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: essasin ]

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrads to you! That thing is Cherry! [worship]

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
P1mp1n
¯
Member # 1961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for P1mp1n  Ford pictures for P1mp1n    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats the car I have always wanted, very nice and I love the color combo...
Posts: 887 | From: Burlingame | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
350 the biggest? I thought i remember those cars having hella room under the hood. Maybe i've only seen modded ones though.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] NICE! you lucky shit
A buddy of mine has a 468, 454 punched out. I could see a 502 easily [Big Grin]

[ July 03, 2006, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: SPEC -Fabrication ]

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

Posts: 1321 | From: drinkin BEER! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Decent size chrome wheels would look bumpin'! [patriot]

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the comments guys. Dad and I feel like we are both kids and its christmas. But itside it a 283 I believe and I've seen big blocks in these cars but I havent really done much research. I just threw out a 350 just because I know it will fit. The radiator is mounted very far back, but with it mounted on the further forward we would have tons of room.

But for now we paid a visit to Vic Hubbard and bought a Edelbrock Performer Series Carburetor 600cfm just to get it up and for the meantime.

We worked on it all day to clean up (tons of cob webs and suck) and get it up and running fairly well. It idles good and sounds healthly being such an old car.

I took a pic of the engine bay to see what I mean, and a cleaner shot of the car after we cleaned it.

I was talking to my Dad and Uncle they suggested to buy a crate engine with the goodies. I was thinking of calling up JohnB or a local shop to build a big block monster.

Currently I am shopping for some springs and a set of rims for the car. We both like the bullit look at think they really set of the car very well. My uncle suggested geting the 18in Nitrous or Nitro Foose wheels (I can't remember the name)

It will be off to the body shop soon and we have to remove the bumpers and moldings to get re-cromed. We might have to wait a bit since we want a full out paintjob.

-

[ July 04, 2006, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: essasin ]

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] Damn! i'd trade my maro for one of those in a heartbeat! great ride dude! [patriot]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

quote:
Originally posted by The Camaro Z-28 Kid:
[Eek!] Damn! i'd trade my maro for one of those in a heartbeat! great ride dude! [patriot]

Thanks bro. I have heared stories in the past of car collectors coming to my Uncle's door with literally a bag full of cash like that 50 cent movie. I think it was something like a 10k offer without even seeing the car. He just made an offer because of word of mouth.

[ July 03, 2006, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: essasin ]

93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very nice [patriot]
inferno03
¯
Member # 6519

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for inferno03  Ford pictures for inferno03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its an amazing machine. congrats

--------------------
There are two types of cars in this world, Ford and everything else. >:)

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if that motor is original keep it in the car!

rebulid it and keep it stock. it has been stock all these years. It is worth more money stock.
your not gonna race the shit out of that car are you?

If the numbers don't match then fuck it. put a 396 69 chevelle motor in it. mark IV right?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
numbers matching isn't that car worth a shit load of money?

20k 30k ????

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

quote:
Originally posted by o6 ford:
numbers matching isn't that car worth a shit load of money?

20k 30k ????

After looking through the car more, we found out the car was previously restored but with stock parts. Even then we are not sure if the motor was competly freshed up or if some of the original parts where on the car. But the most obvious clue that work as done on the car was a sticker/plaque on the radiator that said the last service was done in 1980. However, we did find the orignal carbuerator, radiator, and other misc parts in the truck of the car. Maybe he parts that where replaced where kept?

We are going to keep the car so maintaining the maximum value does not matter too much too us but cosmetically we would like to keep it clean as if it came stock from the factory. But we do want to add some modern touches to the wheels and motor manily. The biggest change we are planning on is a floor shifter conversion. It is really uncomfortable to have a manual side shifter. Besdies that we want a big block in that chevy...its just too much fun [burnout]

[ July 04, 2006, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: essasin ]

BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTTLED.LX  Ford pictures for BOTTLED.LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
We made the long haul from the southern valley and back on saturday. But it was worth it. The car belonged to a late Uncle and has been sitting the garage for years. Here are some quick snaps of the 57. We want to bring it back to its glory days. Does anyone know of any good classic car or chevy forums? Also I am looking for a complete carburated built 350 (i think thats the biggest I can put in there if not the biggest setup without any cutting) and tranny. Here are the pics.

-

-

-

here's a link for ideas not sure what your into but they might have what your looking for here

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS
95 STANG GTS AFR'D,CAM'D,INTAKE ON JACK STANDS
99 RANGE ROVER 22'S SPINNERS
64 IMPALA W/WET KANDY PAINT
80 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE

Posts: 1281 | From: E. SAN JOSE.CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTTLED.LX  Ford pictures for BOTTLED.LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
or order a catalog from here i got a catalog for my 64 and they have alot of parts and decent price's [patriot]

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweet, 57 bel air is the best one IMO [patriot]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

quote:
Originally posted by BOTTLED.LX:
or order a catalog from here i got a catalog for my 64 and they have alot of parts and decent price's [patriot]

Thanks for the link to the catalogs. I just ordered a catalog. I am not really looking to turn this into a low rider but the link contained pics of some fine ladies...actually more risque but i'm not picky.

John, we love the lines of the 57 since they made everything bigger for this year. They have huge wings and elongated body. We agree with luvmy04gt that the bel air will look hot slammed and a nice set of wheels.

BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
quote:
Originally posted by BOTTLED.LX:

Thanks for the link to the catalogs. I just ordered a catalog. I am not really looking to turn this into a low rider but the link contained pics of some fine ladies...actually more risque but i'm not picky.

look in the forum they got got stuff for sale or also now were to get what your looking for [patriot]

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS

ntimid8
¯
Member # 1498

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ntimid8  Ford pictures for ntimid8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet! Looks like she's in great shape.

--------------------
"Happiness is being stroked and Blown"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com