Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Under Cover Impala Chp???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Under Cover Impala Chp???
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone seen any under cover new impalas??? CHP.... Im talking NO badges, NO markings, NO CA exempt plate and only 2 LED's the size of a tootsie rolls one on each side of the rear license plate?!? [Confused]
On 101 south headin to morgan hill for work and a Dark Blue impala passes me and my co-worker, i notice the guy driving in a chp/sherrif uniform (i dont know the diff) and quickly jumps all 4 lanes to get behind someone and takes off. Im confused, lose site and think nothin of it til 2 miles up the Road, he pulled over the Suburban he got behind [Eek!]

Anyone else see these???

Thing that made me think nothin of it, was that it actually Had a CA plate with year and reg tags on the plate. No CA Exempt. All i could say was Damn [Eek!]

*edit* when i passed and looked back, no bash guard but a ton of lights inside along roof line and in the front grill of the car.

[ June 30, 2006, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: bottled02GT?? ]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

rl
¯
Member # 4228

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rl  Ford pictures for rl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
probably a fake cop
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think they have undercover ford taurus' too. They resemble the mineral grey color, I think they have tinted windows.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They have unmarked everything.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:

You are absoluty correct. I was at a light next to a new Ford Explorer, and noticed a guy sitting in it was in uniform. I looked closer and saw exempt plates, and a blue ribbon on the antenna. No lights or anything in site. I at first thought detective, but a few minutes after both of us got on the freeway he had someone pulled over. Man you just dont know anymore.
This was in San Leandro BTW, and it was not chp. The uniform was dark blue or black.

[ July 01, 2006, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Black88GT ]

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i believe chp's have dark blue or light brown uniforms

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was in chicago last week...
my friend said he got pulled over by a 2006 mustang GT. All the windows were tinted so that you can't see the lights inside the car.
exterior totally plain. just gt emblems. In Illinois they are called state troopers.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They have them in the Healdsburg PD. I got pulled over by one.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how about driving the speed limit and not having to worry about it? [Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
=(

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont they have to have some kind of markings? Especially with these people getting robbed and assaulted by fake police pulling them over? I think that was happening in Sac for a bit.
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CHP wears khaki uniforms. SCCSO wears khaki shirts and olive pants. Most municipal PDs wear dark blues.

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
Dont they have to have some kind of markings? Especially with these people getting robbed and assaulted by fake police pulling them over? I think that was happening in Sac for a bit.

i thought the same thing but was informed otherwise...I thought the vehicle hand book said that obvious ID markings had to be present, guess not. Oh and Jersey....u know me [Razz] Guess i will have to slow up, marking or not i just dont feel like dealin with it. [patriot]

--------------------
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:

REALLY too , I seen a Van with hidden lights pull a car over 5am on my way to work [Eek!]

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

Posts: 1321 | From: drinkin BEER! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Nick:
CHP wears khaki uniforms.

True. But they also wear dark blue. The CHP who wear dark blue are commercial officers or MAIT investigators. They are the ones who drive the CHP trucks or the white CHP cars. CHP wear both tan and blue, so don't be fooled.

I interned for them for a year so I know quite a bit about the "inside" stuff.

Also, the vehicle code only says that in order to be pulled over and cited by a police officer for a traffic violation, that officer MUST be in uniform. The vehicle code says nothing about the car the officer drives and how it should look.

Be careful folks.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Quick 88LX:
quote:

True. But they also wear dark blue. The CHP who wear dark blue are commercial officers or MAIT investigators. They are the ones who drive the CHP trucks or the white CHP cars. CHP wear both tan and blue, so don't be fooled.

Also, the vehicle code only says that in order to be pulled over and cited by a police officer for a traffic violation, that officer MUST be in uniform. The vehicle code says nothing about the car the officer drives and how it should look.

Be careful folks.

I have been told you don't have to pull over for a unmarked car, and you should wait until the marked car arrives before pulling over. True?

[ July 02, 2006, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Black88GT ]

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

quote:
Originally posted by Black88GT:
quote:
Originally posted by Quick 88LX:
quote:

Be careful folks.

I have been told you don't have to pull over for a unmarked car, and you should wait until the marked car arrives before pulling over. True?
Thats somethin that sounds safer, my friend one time called the chp to see if the unit was legit and turned out it was and chp almost wrote her for failure to yield [Roll Eyes] , another friend did the same and it turned out it was a decommisioned car and not legit..... So ya gotta be careful. Quick88LX thanks for the info [patriot]

--------------------

DaveG
¯
Member # 1606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveG  Ford pictures for DaveG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've seen several unmarked Impalas as described. They're the usual "basic" colors. Dark red (maroon), white, dark blue, etc.

All have had tinted windows all the way around with a uniformed driver.

--------------------
DaveG
96-0029 S-351
Supercharged Speedster
613rwhp, 633rwtq

2Coupes
¯
Member # 5617

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Coupes  Ford pictures for 2Coupes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They have them in the Healdsburg PD. I got pulled over by one.

how did you get pulled over nonotcharch [burnout]

--------------------
91Coupe-347,tremec tko, 373's
68Coupe-GT40heads,crane2031cam,victor jr,tremec3550,3.55's
R.I.P. silverlx

Posts: 201 | From: Healdsburg, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, you can be pulled over by an un-marked police vehicle. Fairfield PD received a grant from the State and it includes MANY things... Once of which is an unmarked SILVER Expedition, manned by the Solano County Sheriff, and they pull people over all day. It is a totally unmarked vehicle with a single red light in the windshield. Again, the vehicle code (which ALL CA agencies MUST abide by) doesn't specify whether or not the Police vehicle has to be marked in order to pull a citizen over. Only the officer IN that vehicle must be in uniform.

Someone mentioned before and I agree, if you are unsure of who is pulling you over, pull OFF the road into a PUBLIC AREA (Many people around) and call 911. They will clear up any confusion very quickly; either that or dispatch an officer to help you! Knowledge is power.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com