Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » cowl replacement

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: cowl replacement
SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i looked at a fox the other day, and the only major thing wrong with it was that the cowl was smashed in (guy said the hood lifted up when he was driving) how hard is it to replace? thanks

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Replacing it would be harder than fixing it.
Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check for damage on the roof over the windshield, the hood will bend the cowl and dent the shit out of the roof too.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
DSGNotch
¯
Member # 5242

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSGNotch  Ford pictures for DSGNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Check for damage on the roof over the windshield, the hood will bend the cowl and dent the shit out of the roof too.

[patriot] Exactly what happened to my car. Here it is now, though.  -
 - Not the most fun thing to fix..

--------------------
88 Notch, Black interior, 5.0, T5, 3.55's, Flows, STB. Getting ready for paint.

Piecing together a wet kit; got most of it.

Posts: 224 | From: Healdsburg, CA 95448 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My hood flew up on me and fucked up my cowl panel and made a HUGE debt in the center of the roof and made 3 creases where the roof and windshield meet and bent my cowl panel.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com