Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » passing smog with longtubes?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: passing smog with longtubes?
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is it possible to pass smog with longtubes?
i hear there are people passing with longtubes...
just want to double check to see ifs its possible...

[ June 13, 2006, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: two-gun kid ]

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup , true, you can [patriot] ive heard sum others on here as well pass it

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510:
yup , true, you can [patriot] ive heard sum others on here as well pass it

i guess im going to add long tubes to the list of crap im going to buy.
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Technically long tubes are not smog legal and don't carry a CARB number. Therefore, "technically" they won't pass the visual.

It all depends on how picky a smog tech is with the visual.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you dont go advertise to the dude you have them,most of the time they arent going to know the difference or wont care.Smog techs smog 100's of different makes and models of cars everyday and dont know about every part on every car that is or isnt legal.
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
mustang928
¯
Member # 2123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustang928  Ford pictures for mustang928    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes they will pass smog but not the visual.... Mine passed back in 2001, since then though I have yet to come across a smog tech that doesn't check under the car or asks for the carb#.

To avoid the hassle, I just slap the stock stuff on and smog it... btw, I had/have TW heads, E-cam, etc/////

Posts: 333 | From: CALIFORNIA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:
If you dont go advertise to the dude you have them,most of the time they arent going to know the difference or wont care.Smog techs smog 100's of different makes and models of cars everyday and dont know about every part on every car that is or isnt legal.

Some of them will also be pricks and not smog the car at all if they are in doubt on a part whatsoever.

I wouldn't get them expecting to pass smog, it may take a few trys to find someone who will somg the car [patriot]

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it depends on the rest of the car, if you have a completely stock belt setup and the rest of the engine bay looks stock they might miss them.

I dont have a/c or p/s and the battery is in the trunk so when they pop the hood their eyes get big, then they run over and grab a mirror on a stick and a magnifying glass and spend half an hour looking at EVERYTHING, and check their book to verify the carb numbers [BS flag]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:

Some of them will also be pricks and not smog the car at all if they are in doubt on a part whatsoever.

I wouldn't get them expecting to pass smog, it may take a few trys to find someone who will somg the car [patriot]

the guy i have smog my notch used to be a race engine builder, not he builds reg and some hi performance engines. and he was passing a mustang with long tubes when i smoged my car last time. im gonna go and talk to him.
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
is it possible to pass smog with longtubes?

quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
the guy i have smog my notch...was passing a mustang with long tubes when i smoged my car last time.

[Wink]
Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com