Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Where Should i go to Get my 67 SS Nova Painted

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Where Should i go to Get my 67 SS Nova Painted
DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats up guys well Its that time for my 67 SS Nova to get painted,Im Lookin at getting it painted Like a Compition orange just like the 04 Cobra's.So if you guys know of any good place that can do some good work lmk and maybe some custom work,because i want my Roll cage to be painted the same color as the car,my car will be going in as a rolling shell no motor/no tranny the interior stripped out and only the dash left in and front and back window taken out aswell.lmk guys and if you have any pics of there work too,im lookin at some where maybe in the east bay because thats where the car is right now,lookin at getting it maybe as close to show paint Thanks guys

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.ohsedo.com/RE4LIFE/index_EN.htm

go to restoration on the left side updated june 1st.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Forget about painting it ans just sell me the car [Big Grin] Those cars are badass and my next project.One day Ill find one that isnt $5,000,000.00

Anyhow as fas as the paint goes call Scott at Zimmerman Motorsports.He does TOP NOTCH paint/fab/chassis work and has about 6 Novas there right now [Big Grin] His number is 925-998-1517,tell him Matt C. referred you.

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey man....I paint pretty damn good.(15 years)

most likely I will beat anyone's price.

Dupont holds up pretty well.

Glasurit is a little better... flexiblity and gloss retention.

Any paint will work its all in the prep.

Sherwin williams is kinda gay though.

When I was a rookie...in chicago my boss would check my paint jobs with a pressure washer.... it had a heat setting. He'd put it up to 190 degrees. To check the durability of my job. He'd do that randomly w/o telling me. Also on the lexus vehicles they had semi to flat clear under the hood...After jambing and installing new parts he'd take a thinner rag and try to wipe the underneath of my hoods. Again randomly.
I caught him one time. I was like what the fuck aRE YOU DOING? He said he was testing my shit.
Before that I was working for two italian 92-97)brothers who mostly liked corvettes. So I learned what not to do with ppg and fiberglass.

I painted a red '66 el camino... the license plates say: [SIC 66] in dublin Ca. (1999) When I first came from Chicago..The body work was done by some guy that opened his own shop in tracey Ca. The shop was Galucci's. On Dublin blvd. It is now called magnussens.

I painted a red GTO (2003)I think it was a '70. At M2 in san ramon. The body man was "J.D." It is now called Cook's Collion on hooper dr. Tim Lubek was the mgr.

Not saying I'm the best there is.... There is always someone better.

I'd say mike at Moeller Bro's in san leandro. He is one of the best I've seen.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com