Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Jetta

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Jetta
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone have or know anything about a 1997 Jetta?...I am doing a tranny swap, almost done but i am stuck on the freakin clutch spring return, anyone know an easier way to compres this s.o.b and stuff it in?...this is gonna be my daily driver while my stang sits inside for the nice summer days to come through.
Or if you know a tech website that deals with Jetta, thanks all.

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just trade it in.

--------------------
R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY 5-17-03

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know that a 99 F150 vs a 97 Jetta the F150 will only have a scratch on the front bumper and the Jetta will have 5K in damage...2mph hit too...
Jetta's = crap cars

[ June 04, 2006, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
I know that a 99 F150 vs a 97 Jetta the F150 will only have a scratch on the front bumper and the Jetta will have 5K in damage...2mph hit too...
Jetta's = crap cars

i use to have a 99 jetta, same style as the 97/98's right before they went to the new style. i wrecked the jetta and that car saved my life!! I would have to disagree with the jetta's are crap statement.

How i wrecked: Fell asleep behind the wheel, hit the back of a semi, bounced off, then shot into the center gaurd rail while going approx. 70mph. Came away with cut over my eye, gash in my arm and leg, bruises from seatbelt and mild concusion!

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know that most of the hot chicks have moved up to the newer body style Jettas.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com