Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Four eye for Mustang guy. ( some progress pics)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Four eye for Mustang guy. ( some progress pics)
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well I ve been tinkering away with "My Foxbody" and its coming along alright.
 -

This is pretty much how i got it except it had turbines on it. A black ext and grey int fully loaded,with a/c power gas/trunk release, cruise control(which still works)power windows and doors locks,intermitent wipers,aux power amp for center speaker,heavy duty suspension,power steering cooler,CFI and AOD tranny.3.27 posi-trak with a 7.5 rear. 115,000 original miles. drove pretty good allot better gas milage compared to the Torino I had before it.

So I decided to make it alittle better and more what i wanted it too look like. SO I took the turbines and put some ten holes on it.
I started too raid the local yards looking for stuff since they're allot of Four eyes atill around (since everyone perfers the 87-93 stuff) I got allot of nick knacks that were either missing or needed to be replaced.

My first treasure I found were some BBK chrome shorties I found in a Lincoln Mark 7 for cheap! Becuase my car came with single exhaust, so that was my first big mod I planned on doing. I got some black mirrors (mine were chrome) got a black antenna assembly, some black power window and door lock switch covers, one of those Allen head looking cluster besels. I got the rest of the exhaust parts from another memeber here (thanks Foxbody)
I am still working on installing the tail pipes since the brake lines are like the four cylinder models which exits on the pass side instead of the tranny tunnel on the top and the tail pipe would hit the brake line.

So I got some eibachs off of Matt aka SIX5.0 (thanks matt) and found some Tokico rear shocks and Edlebrock lower control and KYB kickers off a 90 GT at the 1/2 sale at PNP for 64.00! It handles so much better and it sits lower.
 -
With 16" Riken wheels I got off our resident Mullet driver Haulinassmaro (thanks Matt) with 225/50R16 front and 245/50R16 rear.
 -

Matt came through again with a cowl hood from his sweet 86 GT which is already painted black! (now If I can get his Welds off of him as well!?)

This is a bette view of the LX so far sorry the quality is crappy (camera phone)

-

I am planning on getting the rear 1/4 windows tinited,removing all the pin stipping,maybe changing the front to an 86 GT (not really sure)upgrading too the later 87-up four lug spindles and a 8.8 rear with some 3.55-3.73's. Also I am looking into some 1.7 rollers rocker (if the price is right) I want to keep the CFI cause its really good on mileage. But that limits me to external mods only, no cams or heads. But I knowI can run an 87-up roller motor if i use a stock roller cam. What id really like to do is build a 306-327 roller carbed block with some 165-185 TFS heads allot of compression, stout roller and TKO 5 speed and a 4.10 rear and maybe a hit funny gas! But thats far away. this is my daily driver....for now. thanks for looking and I hope I can see you out there on Saturday.

Ernesto

[ June 02, 2006, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: The Camaro Z-28 Kid ]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn that car came quite a long way, looks way better now. +1 for upgrading to the 86 front end.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very Nice.

That thing is screaming for a 5 lug conversion and Bullitts!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That thing looks so much better! I agree on the 85/86 front end though, and 5 Lug would look awesome too [Big Grin]

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good Ernie.You know that hood made the biggest difference [worship] Anyhow I'll let ya know if I ever chenge my wheels,Im thinking about prostars but who knows [burnout]
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I like to those mods but, right now I need to kep it somewhat reliable and gets the best mileage possible. I'd figure the 1.7 will give me alittle "umph!" But Ive done most of the things I wanted to make it look more "mine".

I am planning on doing the lower control arm bushings and turning the rotors and drums (they're glazed but I have allot of material left on the brake pads and shoes) changing the master cylinder cause the pedal is soft and I already bled the brakes (might be the wheel cylinders as well)changing the valve cover gaskets. the engine is alittle dirty and oily. I just changed the timing cover gasket and put a new seal. I do not know why ford uses metric and standard bolts on the car, but it sucks not having an 18mm socket for the rear control arms! [Mad] I ll be washing it friday night for the show saturday! [Whoo Whooooo!] thanks for all the complements and ideas! you guys rock!

Ernesto

[ June 01, 2006, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: The Camaro Z-28 / 84 LX Kid ]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Camaro Z-28 / 84 LX Kid:
Yeah I like to those mods but, right now I need to kep it somewhat reliable and gets the best mileage possible. I'd figure the 1.7 will give me alittle "umph!" But Ive done most of the things I wanted to make it look more "mine".

I am planning on doing the lower control arm bushings and turning the rotors and drums (they're glazed but I have allot of material left on the brake pads and shoes) changing the master cylinder cause the pedal is soft and I already bled the brakes (might be the wheel cylinders as well)changing the valve cover gaskets. the engine is alittle dirty and oily. I just changed the timing cover gasket and put a new seal. I do not know why ford uses metric and standard bolts on the car, but it sucks not having an 18mm socket for the rear control arms! [Mad] I ll be washing it friday night for the show saturday! [Whoo Whooooo!] thanks for all the complements and ideas! you guys rock!

Ernesto

Does look alot better then when you first got it. Do a 5 speed. [Smile]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:
Looking good Ernie.You know that hood made the biggest difference [worship] Anyhow I'll let ya know if I ever chenge my wheels,Im thinking about prostars but who knows [burnout]

thanks matt, and that means allot coming from someone that has allot of great cars! (sniff) If I have to sell my sperm and blood I will buy those wheels,don't need the tires though! [Big Grin]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it's looking good ern, take off the red sticker shit and put some electrical tape over the chrome.

bmw does that and sells it as the "shadowline" upgrade on their cars, it's just black vinyl tape (electrical tape [Wink] )

then some black door handles and it would look really sick.

I dunno about the 86 front clip, I think it looks good as is, maybe get some of those clear headlight covers that cover those buckets up though

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree get rid of the red stripe but keep the chrome [patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
I agree get rid of the red stripe but keep the chrome [patriot]

i am gonna be removing most of the red striping friday...hopefully i can get it all off! [Smile]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

picuplouie
¯
Member # 5948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for picuplouie  Ford pictures for picuplouie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's great to see another 4 eyed coming along so nicely. Our cars are nearly twins. The only thing I've done so far was add the rims. And just trying to keep it alive! It's a daily driver that gets beat-up everyday in the daily grind... I'm still trying toget the dual exhaust set-up done. Maybe with some headers... Did you ever get the dual exhaust done to yours?
 -

Posts: 68 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Originally posted by picuplouie:
It's great to see another 4 eyed coming along so nicely. Our cars are nearly twins. The only thing I've done so far was add the rims. And just trying to keep it alive! It's a daily driver that gets beat-up everyday in the daily grind... I'm still trying toget the dual exhaust set-up done. Maybe with some headers... Did you ever get the dual exhaust done to yours?
 -

yep, i got everyhting on except the tail pipes! [Frown] its just not a bolt and go set up once you get to the axel! your four eye looks great! are you coming tomotrrow?

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

picuplouie
¯
Member # 5948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for picuplouie  Ford pictures for picuplouie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't make it to the show tomorrow. Or pretty much any event on the weekends. I have to work Sat and Sun... sucks. I'll catch up with you one of these days and we can swamp stories and ideas! Since our mustangs are so alike... [Smile]
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
I can't make it to the show tomorrow. Or pretty much any event on the weekends. I have to work Sat and Sun... sucks. I'll catch up with you one of these days and we can swamp stories and ideas! Since our mustangs are so alike... [Smile]

no problem bro! I'll be here! [patriot]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

picuplouie
¯
Member # 5948

Hey Ernesto,
I'm going to be dropping by this shop in Oakland tomorrow called Mostly Mustangs. And checking to see what kind of work they do, prices, and stuff like that. Just to get an idea if they work on the 80's there. Ex: dual exh, 5 lug, oil leak fix... [Razz] I didn't even know this place was there until I saw it in another post here. I'll post up what I find out. [dance]

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Hey Ernesto,
I'm going to be dropping by this shop in Oakland tomorrow called Mostly Mustangs. And checking to see what kind of work they do, prices, and stuff like that. Just to get an idea if they work on the 80's there. Ex: dual exh, 5 lug, oil leak fix... [Razz] I didn't even know this place was there until I saw it in another post here. I'll post up what I find out. [dance]

[patriot] lmk, thanks.

Ernesto

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

picuplouie
¯
Member # 5948

I called them Thursday and talked to a guy named Richard. Said the owner was gone for the day already. But said to comeby Monday. I'm there! They are closed Fri, Sat, and Sun. Open Mon-Thurs 10hr days.
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] [Eek!] HOLLY SHIT, dude that thing looks killer. The last time i saw it was half way their. [worship]

[Whoo Whooooo!] for a clean 4 eye

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
 -

Did you buy those Ponys in San Mateo?????

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

picuplouie
¯
Member # 5948

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for picuplouie  Ford pictures for picuplouie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I bought them from 89GTSanMateo back in Jan this year.
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

quote:

I was their when you bought them. Wow your Coupe is really nice looks bad azz with the chrome ones on their. [patriot]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

picuplouie
¯
Member # 5948

quote:
Originally posted by six 5.0:
quote:

I was their when you bought them. Wow your Coupe is really nice looks bad azz with the chrome ones on their. [patriot]
Hey wassupers! I remember you being there now. How are you guys? And how's 89GTSanMateo ride looking these days? It was looking way kool that day after he put the new rims on! [burnout]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com