Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Car Insurance Is Fing BS (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Car Insurance Is Fing BS
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well so much for saving for my vacation this summer to Hawaii, I just had to pay my car insurance which I believe is total fucking BS, I mean who needs it really. Fuck if you get into accident and depending on the type accident just pay in cash or make installments. All insurance wants is your money, waste of time and money and a bunch of bullshit ass paperwork to fill out.

Sorry I'm pissed I just destroyed my phone because I paid my fucking insurance for the next two and a half months. I was trying to save for a vacation but that's out the window. Fuck I'm pissed. Anybody else that Car Insurance is BS?

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] How much is your insurance? How is your driving record? Insurance is good to have, even though it does suck to pay.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hhmmm.....car insurance is very important and can keep your car from being impounded or your carcas being thrown in jail. although I wish I could pay for everything in cash. But it is a necessary evil, car insurance that is. Lord forbid you get hit and hurt by someone with out insurance and they cannot pay and you have to pay your own med bills which in turns send you to bankruptcy. All because one lil jack ass didnt want to pay 150 per month to insure his Yugo.
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like you need a better job.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by silverLX:
[Eek!] How much is your insurance? How is your driving record? Insurance is good to have, even though it does suck to pay.

My car insurance is 562.85 for 6 months, I just paid them 286.26 for 2 and a half months and the funny thing is that the policy that I have in front of me says that they only wanted only 201.02. I called them today to just take it directly out of my account. Jerk offs.

Oh and yes I need new job because this one doesn't pay for shit, it sucks. [Mad]

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bro, I feel your pain, i hate car insurance, its just BULL SHIT!!! but it is very important that everyone has insurance and I wish DMV did more regular check ups on people to make sure they have insurance, like ask for it every six month.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
bro, I feel your pain, i hate car insurance, its just BULL SHIT!!! but it is very important that everyone has insurance and I wish DMV did more regular check ups on people to make sure they have insurance, like ask for it every six month.

It should be checked more often I agree with you on that. And I mean everyone should be checked even if it's less than 6 months.

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yames:
quote:

It should be checked more often I agree with you on that. And I mean everyone should be checked even if it's less than 6 months.
yames, i think you're having stang withdrawals and taking it out on the insurance co. haha.
yes, it sucks to pay for insurance but good to have insurance when u get into an accident and the other party involved wants to sue your ass for your money and assets.
it becomes even more important when you have property in your name to max out your coverage depending how much you own. last thing youd want is to get into an accident whereyou seriously injure someone resulting in a lawsuit. u can end up losing your house if your coverage is insufficient.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
quote:

yames, i think you're having stang withdrawals and taking it out on the insurance co. haha.
yes, it sucks to pay for insurance but good to have insurance when u get into an accident and the other party involved wants to sue your ass for your money and assets.
it becomes even more important when you have property in your name to max out your coverage depending how much you own. last thing youd want is to get into an accident whereyou seriously injure someone resulting in a lawsuit. u can end up losing your house if your coverage is insufficient.

Yeah that's true, I understand why it's needed but still for us men, we're getting screwed on having to pay more than what females have to pay for car insurance, and yes I am having withdrawls right now, it's driving me nuts literally. I think in the next few months I should have enough to at least purchase a foxbody coupe or something but I need to take a vacation, I'm actually seriously considering on moving to Hawaii, I'll rent if I have to, I think I just need to get out of my house, I think it's part of the reason why I'm stressing out so much lately.

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

My car insurance is 562.85 for 6 months, I just paid them 286.26 for 2 and a half months and the funny thing is that the policy that I have in front of me says that they only wanted only 201.02. I called them today to just take it directly out of my account. Jerk offs.

Oh and yes I need new job because this one doesn't pay for shit, it sucks. [Mad]

562.85/6 = That comes out to about $94.00 dollars a month.... you complaining about that for full coverage?

Yeah, I think you need a new job if your not getting paid enough to pay for that and go on a vacation.

--------------------
CRYSTAL WHITE 1994 COBRA; TOTALED
RIO RED 1994 COBRA INDY PACE CAR; SOLD(now in VACAVILLE)
(#18 of 1000)
BLACK 2002 GT Vert' AUTO; GONE!

Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

quote:
Originally posted by outlawd94cobra:
quote:
quote:

562.85/6 = That comes out to about $94.00 dollars a month.... you complaining about that for full coverage?

Yeah, I think you need a new job if your not getting paid enough to pay for that and go on a vacation.

I think I was used to paying monthly on my Mustang which came out to 175 a month but then I was getting hella over time at my job which was great, they said it was going to last awhile but now they have cut back by like a lot I don't know maybe an extra 500 bucks but I was actually able to afford my car note, my insurance and anything else that I had to get. Now they cut down our hours now I can't even afford to piss straight. I'm actually thinking of getting a second job right now till Fall I have another interview on Monday so I don't know I'm just venting right now.

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

69grandecj
¯
Member # 5794

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69grandecj  Ford pictures for 69grandecj  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

That has to be cheaper than the insurance on the Mach.
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Oh by the way silverLX my driving record is fine, no tickets and or points knock on wood.

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how were you expecting to go to hawaii for $290?

[ May 24, 2006, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: boostin1.8 ]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe there is a loop hole in the insurance code that say's if You have a 25,000 bond that You keep at all times to cover any damages then You don't have to have car insurance? But If You own a house and You get in a wreck and someone in Your car or another car get's seriously injured Your house would become their's or the hospital's.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wish i could pay $ 562 a month for insurance! Currently my insurance company (progressive) is screwing me for $ 3,207.65 for 6 months full coverage and thats for a fricken brand new civic [Mad] My insurance payment is more than my car payment [Confused]

--------------------
Non-rice 05 Civic LX

Im a rookie all over again.

# 4904

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Caliber:
I wish i could pay $ 562 a month for insurance! Currently my insurance company (progressive) is screwing me for $ 3,207.65 for 6 months full coverage and thats for a fricken brand new civic [Mad] My insurance payment is more than my car payment [Confused]

Sell Your car and get one You can pay cash for and go down to the lowest insurance till You get Your record cleared up. [patriot] I had a drunk driving about 12 year's ago "and that's what sent My payment through the roof" and that's what I did. [patriot]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:

[worship] seriosuly,, i pay 70 bucks for liability..

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
1bdpone
¯
Member # 6708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1bdpone  Ford pictures for 1bdpone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks! I only pay $140 per month for full coverage on my 93 gt, 2001 supercrew 4x4 and my motorcycle (liability only on the cycle) combined. You should shop around for cheaper insurance.
Posts: 182 | From: Tri Valley | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:

LOL I wasn't planning on going for 290.00. I'm going to be saving a couple of pay checks before I go and plus until then I have a job interview on Monday for a second job so I can afford to go in August because I might not come back.

BTW I'm not paying 560 a month. It's about 95 a month. 560 is for 6 months I think maybe a little more, I still think guys are getting screwed for what we have to pay for.

james

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

Sell Your car and get one You can pay cash for and go down to the lowest insurance till You get Your record cleared up. [patriot] I had a drunk driving about 12 year's ago "and that's what sent My payment through the roof" and that's what I did. [patriot]
Exactly! SomokinLX is right. [patriot] Oh, by the way, I pay 24 bucks a mounth for liability! [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ May 25, 2006, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: cobraracer46 ]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe if we could keep our friends from commiting insurance fraud by keying their own car or pretending their piece of shit $250 stereo system was worth $3,000 our rates wouldnt be so high. Simply put things owundt cost so much if not for fraud.

Being proud of parts or paint bought with fraud is no different than items being paid for with drug money, its still wrong. A big F U to all those who participate in either.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quit bitching, I pay $240 a month for my 140hp integra!! my car payment is only $140!! no accidents, 2 tickets from 2 years ago [Mad] 20 yr old male

[ May 25, 2006, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: z pyro ]

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

quote:
Originally posted by z pyro:
quit bitching, I pay $240 a month for my 140hp integra!! my car payment is only $140!! no accidents, 2 tickets from 2 years ago [Mad] 20 yr old male

That's because of the two tickets, that's your own fault, if you didn't have the two tickets I'm sure it would be a lot less. Get rid of the ford taurus sho that you have in your sig for a couple of grand and put that money aside for insurance.

My caddy is the only car that I have and I'm actually thinking of selling it and getting a honda or an acura or something for cheaper gas and cheaper insurance. Hey I'm just trying to save money ok. sheesh.

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com