Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Wires?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Wires?
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont know if this should be in tech, if so move thanks. Got a really quick question i noticed my car was down on power and noticed today that i was only runnin on 7 cyl., one boot came off and others wires in bad cond.

Im about to buy brand new plugs and Wires (wires needed most) and i need to know what would be the Best size for runnin on a 95Gt with a few mods 8.5mm, 8.8mm, 9.0mm???. And what brand. Ive an MSD ignition with Msd wires. Stick with MSD? and what size. I also noticed the boot on the wires is harder to get onto the plug on certain cyl.s due to my shorty headers, for that reason should i look at wires with shorter boots??? Quick help needed. Thanks -Joe

PS: was looking at the ACCEL 300+ race wires (any opinions)
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ACC%2D7054&N=4294925143+4294908331+4294840126+4294908282+4294924755+4294839064+4294907673+4294787635+115&autoview=sku

[ May 23, 2006, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: bottled02GT?? ]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You cant go wrong with the MSD 8.5's. We ran a set of the Accel 300+ wires on our circle track car for 3 seasons and never had a problem so either set would work well for you. [patriot]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, I think im gonna run the ACCEL 300+ due to the shorter boot. Hopefully it'll help. [patriot]

--------------------
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MSD 8.5mm

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get the Taylor wires.

HANDS DOWN [worship]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FRPP 9mm wires for the win. [worship]
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
925five.0
¯
Member # 3292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925five.0  Ford pictures for 925five.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FRPP 9MM's
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

quote:
Originally posted by Hatchback Pony:
FRPP 9MM's

my original intention and thought. Thanks for all the help guys.....BUT im having an issue choosing. You know how many options and different part #s they have for the 5.0 wires? Prices do vary too so im confused to which to get. Any one here running them and have a prefered part #?

--------------------

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Get the Taylor wires.

HANDS DOWN [worship]

[patriot] [Whoo Whooooo!] thought i was the only one tha thought of em..

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

I Fear No Five O
¯
Member # 5185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for I Fear No Five O  Ford pictures for I Fear No Five O    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled02GT??:
quote:
Originally posted by Hatchback Pony:
FRPP 9MM's

my original intention and thought. Thanks for all the help guys.....BUT im having an issue choosing. You know how many options and different part #s they have for the 5.0 wires? Prices do vary too so im confused to which to get. Any one here running them and have a prefered part #?
+1 for the Ford Racing 9mm wires. I have those on my '94 GT and they're great. The part number is M-12259-M301 for the Ford Racing 9mm black wires. They also come in blue and red. I have the part numbers for those too, so PM me if you're interested in the other colors.

- Tim

--------------------
"Haha, he's joking...It feels SO good when he jokes!" - Vince Vaughn, Wedding Crashers

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Get the Taylor wires.

HANDS DOWN [worship]

[patriot] [Whoo Whooooo!] thought i was the only one tha thought of em..
+1. get the Taylor wires.. you'll never have issues with those. i went with the ford racing ones and wish i would have goen with taylor from the get go.

--------------------
=(

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ford racing 9mm! Best wires for the money [patriot]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

bought the FRPP 9mm and found out the moron b4 me had the wires wrong on a few cyls....fixed it and the car is strong now. The taylors are 10.5mm and $80......ill stick with ford. Though i have one question, the wire i got from the new kit....the Blaster coil to distibutor wire wont fit....help???

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com