Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » *UFC 60* Who's pumped about this one?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: *UFC 60* Who's pumped about this one?
SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's only a week away! I can't wait to see Matt serve this old man an ass kickin. [dance]

This site is bad ass and should get you guys excited. http://60.ufc.com/

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don’t put it past Royce to hold his own. Matt will either own him from the beginning or it will go the full length. Also remember Royce does not like to get hit. So he will probable submit right off the bat if Matt comes out at full swing.

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is the least exciting card of the year so far. only good fight is huges against gracie. really hope gracie wins, but i think matt is too strong for him.

--------------------
=(

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not too excited about this card. hughes will spank gracie.
im more excited about the swick/riggs and vera/silva fights than the main event.ufc 61 and 62 should be good.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really have no idea why people think Hughes is gonna pound on Gracie? Gracie is used to fighting guys much bigger and stronger than Matt Hughes so he will not be overwhelmed by any means. I can't see Hughes pounding on him and knocking him out because it's never been done. Hughes certainly won't tap him out so the only way I can logically see this fight going is Gracie by submission, decision or Hughes by decision because of lack of action from Gracie. Gracie typically likes No Holds Barred (NHB) style fights with no time limits etc because he can wait out his opponents and submit them. With the current rules UFC has it will be interesting because of the 5 min rounds and if the action is stalling then they'll stand them both back up. Those rules will certainly hurt his style and could cost him the fight by decision.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AaronC:
I really have no idea why people think Hughes is gonna pound on Gracie? Gracie is used to fighting guys much bigger and stronger than Matt Hughes so he will not be overwhelmed by any means. I can't see Hughes pounding on him and knocking him out because it's never been done. Hughes certainly won't tap him out so the only way I can logically see this fight going is Gracie by submission, decision or Hughes by decision because of lack of action from Gracie. Gracie typically likes No Holds Barred (NHB) style fights with no time limits etc because he can wait out his opponents and submit them. With the current rules UFC has it will be interesting because of the 5 min rounds and if the action is stalling then they'll stand them both back up. Those rules will certainly hurt his style and could cost him the fight by decision.

since the time gracie fought, the sport has evolved a ton where most of the fighters now are well versed in bjj and everything else. today they are more complete fighters and likely better fighters compared to 10years ago. gracie dominated back then as most of the guys he fought were cans and knew jack shit in terms of bjj and for that reason, it made gracie more dominant than he is today.
gracie is past is prime and even at his prime he'll still get spanked by hughes. hughes is the real deal and his track record proves it.
look at gracies resume and compare to hughes who has fought much tougher fighters.

i have a feeling hughes will knock royce out, give him a nice ground n pound to submission or slam him on his head.

anyone see the new look WFA. they're doing big things by signing big names such as rampage, salaverry and linden...damn ufc has competition

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Originally posted by venomous99:
[/QUOTE]since the time gracie fought, the sport has evolved a ton where most of the fighters now are well versed in bjj and everything else. today they are more complete fighters and likely better fighters compared to 10years ago. gracie dominated back then as most of the guys he fought were cans and knew jack shit in terms of bjj and for that reason, it made gracie more dominant than he is today.
gracie is past is prime and even at his prime he'll still get spanked by hughes. hughes is the real deal and his track record proves it.
look at gracies resume and compare to hughes who has fought much tougher fighters.

i have a feeling hughes will knock royce out, give him a nice ground n pound to submission or slam him on his head.

anyone see the new look WFA. they're doing big things by signing big names such as rampage, salaverry and linden...damn ufc has competition [/QB][/QUOTE]

I know the past and today but my point is that the "stand up" guys back then such as Kimo (also has a bjj background), Shamrock etc still couldn't pound Gracie and Gracie was still able to control them even though they were significantly stronger than Hughes ever will be. Gracie is a snake and very flexible and very comfortable on his back. He clings to his opponents which makes him extremely tough to hit. BJ Penn Choked out Hughes when Hughes made a mistake and gave up his back. I see Royce either winning with a triangle choke, or arm bar off the triangle. He might lose but i'm willing to put money down that if he loses it will be by decision and not a beating.

[ May 20, 2006, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: AaronC ]

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

throckman69
¯
Member # 6511

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for throckman69  Ford pictures for throckman69    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man I hope Gracie taps Hughes' lucky ass out. I just don't know how Gracie will do w/o the GIE(robe??) that he usually uses to his advantage. I do agree this is a weak fight card. Glad I didn't buy tickets to this one. I was at the last one when the pitbull screwed up and got KO'd. That was sick especially the forrest/tito fight!!!!!!!!
Posts: 27 | From: campbell, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Royce had been training at Fairtex San Fracisco in Muay Thai, he's been working on his striking alot so he will prob will do sum stand up with Matt. Royce is bigger and has a reach advantage but matt uses kicks because of his training with pat militich. I see matt using low kicks then going for the takedown, the fight will be mostly on the ground, with a submission or decision. Its going to be a great fight for us guys who enjoy groundwork.

--------------------
Non-rice 05 Civic LX

Im a rookie all over again.

# 4904

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Royce is gonna LOSE! I do not know if he has even been fighting competitively these last 10 years but he is OLD. UFC is not the same as it was 10 years ago so I doubt this fight will be a walk in the park for him. I see a first to second round K.O.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com