Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » the da vinci code (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: the da vinci code
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who's seen it?
what did you think about it?
I've read the book and like it... does it resemble the movie?
opinions, inputs, critics?
[Razz]

--------------------
=(

5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gonna watch it tonight, hope no crowds.

--------------------
Non-rice 05 Civic LX

Im a rookie all over again.

# 4904

Bizob
¯
Member # 3768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bizob  Ford pictures for Bizob  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saw it today, the movie was good, but like always the book was a 100x better

--------------------
01 GT K&N FIPK Mac Prochamber Magnapack Cat-Back Steeda Tri-Ax Eibachs

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really liked the book... I'm looking forward to seeing the movie tho.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just saw it, I thought that movie was great. [patriot]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just saw it, I thought that movie was great. [patriot]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
who's seen it?
[Razz]

i'm going right now to see it, hey jersey let me borrow the book so i could read it too.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
CeeJay
¯
Member # 6766

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CeeJay  Ford pictures for CeeJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to see this movie too. Give us your opinions thumb up or thumbs down. And what if I didn't read the book will I still like it and understand it or will I get lost?
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Three thumbs up [Razz]
I had just read the book.. well, i haven't finished it yet.. but it it was pretty close up to where i've gotten.
there are of course a few different things, events, order of events than the book, but if you can overlook those then you'll enjoy it.
the begining of the movie was great. it started just like the book...

definitely go watch it.

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
quote:
who's seen it?
[Razz]

i'm going right now to see it, hey jersey let me borrow the book so i could read it too.
sure man, it's here waiting for you.. along with your coca tea.. [Roll Eyes] better come pick it up before i start drinking it. [Razz]

--------------------
=(

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bizob:
Saw it today, the movie was good, but like always the book was a 100x better

I disagree that was one of the best book to movie translations I have seen. They were very accurate and got most of the book into a 2 1/2 hour movie. Well done!

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Three thumbs up [Razz]
I had just read the book.. well, i haven't finished it yet.. but it it was pretty close up to where i've gotten.
there are of course a few different things, events, order of events than the book, but if you can overlook those then you'll enjoy it.

definitely go watch it.

THREE THUMBS [Eek!] ...what, are ya an orthropod of some sort? [Razz] ....I'm gonna see it this weekend. [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
quote:
Three thumbs up [Razz]

definitely go watch it.

THREE THUMBS [Eek!] ...what, are ya an orthropod of some sort? [Razz] ....I'm gonna see it this weekend. [patriot]
i thought the girl was hot, that's where the third thumb comes in..
[Razz]

--------------------
=(

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought it was great. I read the first half of the book and it followed it somewhat closely.

Tom Hanks played a good character, and the ending was trippy.

Worth matinee at least.

BTW did anyone see protesting while buying tickets. There were people holding anti-Da Vinci signs in the parking lot @ Vallejo Cinema.

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there were a handful of protesters at the San Mateo Century Theatre [Roll Eyes] . I saw the movie and I thought it was great. It had me on the edge of my seat, but I love movies like this. I'm halfway through the book as well and followed it quite closely. It was almost dead on. Tom Hanks did a great job. [worship]

[ May 20, 2006, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

you are a big guy.. you should have gone and scared the shit out of the protesters dude.. that would have been funny as heck. [patriot]
hate people like that.. can't even let you enjoy a movie for what it is.. they get so booty hurt when people point out the weak points of their religion. [Razz] oh well..

[ May 21, 2006, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
X-Men 3 is going to be 1000 times better [Razz]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i saw it tonite and thought it was a damn good movie.. it was just kind of easy to find out the ending towards the middle though.. very good movie though..

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
FlyingLow
¯
Member # 1485

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for FlyingLow  Ford pictures for FlyingLow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw the movie on Saturday. It was cool. It does make you think about things that could of happend back when Jesus was alive. No wonder all these religous groups were telling people not to watch it. Very good movie! [patriot]
Posts: 346 | From: North Valley SJ | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingLow:
I saw the movie on Saturday. It was cool. It does make you think about things that could of happend back when Jesus was alive. No wonder all these religous groups were telling people not to watch it. Very good movie! [patriot]

dude i've been thinking about it all weekend. Whos to say that he didn't have a wife and kid. It really makes you think [Eek!]

[ May 22, 2006, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

FlyingLow
¯
Member # 1485

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for FlyingLow  Ford pictures for FlyingLow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats the same thought thats been going thru my head. The church covers up to many things after all. Who knows whats true and whats not??? [Confused]
Posts: 346 | From: North Valley SJ | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

i think the biggest "surprise" for movie seekers(the ones who were actually unaware of this), more than jesus having a child, cahtolic church can always deny that, is that it unveils the corruption of the catholic church and it's heretic beginings.
makes you think, that the whole cristianity regim is based on a fallacy. [dance]

--------------------
=(

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw it yesterday and tought it was great.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Damn I keep thinkning about this movie and can't help but believe some/most of it. [Eek!] What a great movie. Just finshed the book to. [patriot]

[ May 23, 2006, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had no interest in seeing thought it was going to be boring. I went anyway and my grandma and gf gave me a quick update of what the book was about before the movie started.

I was blown away it was a great movie!!!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com