Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How to price or know what a 5.0 stang is worth?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How to price or know what a 5.0 stang is worth?
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Basically im going to be buying a 5.0. Im looking at a 93 lx with what seems like the normal upgrades. Edelbrock heads, crane cams, 24lbs injectors, gears, king cobra clutch...etc Overall id say nothing too wild. The body is straight and all, so Im wondering what kind of price should I be offering?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is it a hatchback or a notchback, how many miles are on it, does it look like a rats nest under the hood or is it clean work, what color is it and what color interior, is it beaten to shit or is it in good shape?

if it's rough, I'd look at offering around $3k for it. If it's nice but needs work in places, maybe $4k.

if it is an absolutely showroom perfect notchback that is mineral gray with black interior and low miles, I'd go up to $6500 to $7k.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Clean or salvaged title makes a huge diff. If it is salvaged then I wouldn't touch it IMO.

If it is really clean (the car and the title) and you really want the car I would offer between $3500 and $5500 bux.

All depends on what he is asking and how bad you really want the car.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Migs
¯
Member # 5439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Migs  Ford pictures for Migs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
if it is an absolutely showroom perfect notchback that is mineral gray with black interior and low miles, I'd go up to $6500 to $7k.

I would love to find that Car also [worship] [worship] [burnout]

--------------------
R.I.P SilverLX! You are missed bro.

Posts: 348 | From: Healdsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
is it a hatchback or a notchback, how many miles are on it, does it look like a rats nest under the hood or is it clean work, what color is it and what color interior, is it beaten to shit or is it in good shape?

if it's rough, I'd look at offering around $3k for it. If it's nice but needs work in places, maybe $4k.

Does common sense tell you anything? Im guessing hes not looking for a shitty built motor or a beat to shit pos.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car has a clean title. The motor was rebuilt 10k miles ago. They want like $7000 for it...

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[BS flag]

Dont sleep on salvage title cars. You can find some real gems. My Cobra has a salvage title, from a theft recovery. Had everything checked frame and all and it passed with flying colors. Got it for dirt cheap too (always check the carfax). Anyway I wouldnt pay that much for what that car sounds like.

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you're looking at that teal 93 LX hatchback, i dont think its worth $7k. It looks clean and all, but theres nothing special about it that could make it be worth that much...but thats just my opinion. I'd offer him $5500 cash in his face [Wink]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ArchNotch:
quote:

Does common sense tell you anything? Im guessing hes not looking for a shitty built motor or a beat to shit pos.
common sense cannot be taught over the internet unfortunately, this gentelman was looking for advice and I offered him some.

if you have a problem with that click on "back" in your browser and not "reply" followed by random giberish hunted and pecked into your keyboard.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ArchNotch:
quote:

common sense cannot be taught over the internet unfortunately, this gentelman was looking for advice and I offered him some.

if you have a problem with that click on "back" in your browser and not "reply" followed by random giberish hunted and pecked into your keyboard.

-
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A clean title 87-93 fox that has been kept up and taken care of can fetch $3000-5500 on average in California.

A lower mileage fox that is in phenomenal shape can command $6-8K, maybe even more. In my honest opinion, the fox hit rock bottom a couple years ago in terms of price, and now they are starting to slowly climb since their age is currently 13-19 years old. Well kept examples are getting rarer and rarer as well.

Modifications, unfortunately, are one of those things that are in the eye of the beholder. They generally do not raise the value of the car, and that is precisely why many people part their modded cars out, or bring them back to stock prior to selling. But, there are buyers out there that are specifically looking for modded cars and are willing to pay more for them.

You only need 1 person out there that believes the car has a particular value when selling.

One other thing I have learned over the years here, as much as I enjoy it, is that this site is FILLED with bashers who are quick to jump down your throat about a price of a car or performance part.

I would say 90% of the things I have tried to sell here, I was ripped for having them overpriced, and almost 100% of those items were sold for my full asking price on CL, ebay, or the corral, lol.

Good Luck guys!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com