Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Police Polygraph testing

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Police Polygraph testing
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey guys.,..i am wondering what questions do police depts ask you during a a poly graph test?...i am very nervous and i cant focus right now i thought i'd ask some of you since some of you are going through the process or or already officers...thanks...PM if u can... [burnout]

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just tell the truth, no one is perfect.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you fucked a goat? if not you are safe.. if you have.. then you better pray they don't ask that.. [Razz]

--------------------
=(

SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My friend just took one yesterday. He said they ask everything! They asked him if he has ever been paid for sex, done drugs, sold drugs, held drugs in his possession, made/grew drugs, etc. They also asked him if he has ever stolen anything from an employer and if he ever shoplifted other than the time when he was a kid that he told them about. He said there was 175 questions and he was hella nervous. It took about 10 minutes on the machine and an hour and 45 minutes for the whole interview. Not trying to scare you but you did ask. Good luck! [patriot]
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My ? is why are u having to take one.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokeyBurnout:
My friend just took one yesterday. He said they ask everything! They asked him if he has ever been paid for sex, done drugs, sold drugs, held drugs in his possession, made/grew drugs, etc. They also asked him if he has ever stolen anything from an employer and if he ever shoplifted other than the time when he was a kid that he told them about. He said there was 175 questions and he was hella nervous. It took about 10 minutes on the machine and an hour and 45 minutes for the whole interview. Not trying to scare you but you did ask. Good luck! [patriot]

has he paid for sex?
[Eek!] what did he say? i'm glad i dont' want to be a cop anymore.. i'd be fucked. [Razz]

--------------------
=(

SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:

has he paid for sex?
[Eek!] what did he say? i'm glad i dont' want to be a cop anymore.. i'd be fucked. [Razz]

No, they asked him if he has ever been paid for sex, which is even funnier, lol. [Big Grin]
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

allright.. i got worried there for a second.. [Razz]
guess i'm still good to go. [Big Grin]

--------------------
=(

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
question use of drugs, guns, sex, etc. Also job histrory and education. Other stuff will pertain your specific background and what you put down in the packet.

I had a few questions that came up as deceptive and they said why don't you think about it and we'll be back. don't know if it was just mind games cause they came back 10 mins later and asked the same questions and it was all good.

5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just be truthful. We've all done some stupid or illegal shit. If you answer a question one way, then three months later you change you answer for another department, they'll find out and you'll never get hired.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like everyone said, don't lie through the test. The biggest thing they will do is ask a question different ways to try and trip you up. They will compare the results to what you previously stated with your background info. Everything from: have you done drugs, when was the last time, have you called in sick when you really weren't, have you taken things from work, have you committed a crime and not got caught, have you driven drunk, have you been arrested, have you been drunk in public, etc... Of course it will start out with what's your name. [Smile]

Wait until the psych test if you haven't been there already. I was expecting a couple hour test but it turned out to be over 1000 questions that took 8 hours.

--------------------
Chrysler 2006 300C 6.1 SRT8
Stock with 1400 miles -13.2 @ 108.5

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They will ask you about every possible aspect of your life. Crimes, relationships, drugs, sex, jerking off, how much you drink etc, etc. In my experience they asked me all of this before the actual polygraph test. The polygraph test consisted of a few general questions to determine if you lied about anything in the pre interview. Bottom line don't lie. Some departments are more forgiving than others on what you have done in the past, but none of the departments will tolerate even one lie in the interview process.
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
have you fucked a goat? if not you are safe.. if you have.. then you better pray they don't ask that.. [Razz]

LOL

edit: on a serious not, just be yourself...believe it or not, the police don't want "perfect" people.

[ May 18, 2006, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: RixSikCobra ]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you should just relax and don't be scard.. I would have to say just tell the truth.................

Well good luck and let us know what happend

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

You know your friend signed a form stating he isn't supposed to be talking about what happens during the polygraph portion of the interview and the pre-screen until after his whole background is completed.
Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DennisG:
Like everyone said, don't lie through the test. The biggest thing they will do is ask a question different ways to try and trip you up. They will compare the results to what you previously stated with your background info. Everything from: have you done drugs, when was the last time, have you called in sick when you really weren't, have you taken things from work, have you committed a crime and not got caught, have you driven drunk, have you been arrested, have you been drunk in public, etc... Of course it will start out with what's your name. [Smile]

Wait until the psych test if you haven't been there already. I was expecting a couple hour test but it turned out to be over 1000 questions that took 8 hours.

[patriot]

He's right. The Poly is not bad at all. The Psyche Written exam......now thats a mother****er. Not difficult, but to me just very time consuming. You probably haven't held a pencil up for that long since High School.

--------------------
CRYSTAL WHITE 1994 COBRA; TOTALED
RIO RED 1994 COBRA INDY PACE CAR; SOLD(now in VACAVILLE)
(#18 of 1000)
BLACK 2002 GT Vert' AUTO; GONE!

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by outlawd94cobra:
quote:
Originally posted by DennisG:

[patriot]

He's right. The Poly is not bad at all. The Psyche Written exam......now thats a mother****er. Not difficult, but to me just very time consuming. You probably haven't held a pencil up for that long since High School.

Yea no shit. I was in the one for Oakland PD and it was like 500 questions and took like 4 1/2 hours or so. I hated it.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy crap, well it's ok I have no skeletons in my closet. I just took the written exam for the SF Police Department two days ago, I'm just waiting for the results now.

So anybody take the physical test yet? If so how was it?

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by Yames:
Holy crap, well it's ok I have no skeletons in my closet. I just took the written exam for the SF Police Department two days ago, I'm just waiting for the results now.

i took the written for the sfpd a while back. i found it to be a joke. the sheriff's written test was much harder and more analytical and so was their physical.. I'm still surprised how out of 5k people only 1,200 passed the one given by the sfpd.
Don't trip about the physical aspect. as long as you are not way out of shape you'll pass it... even if you are out of shape you'll probably pass it. if you can barely walk.. and duck.. you'll pass it.
For the sfpd it was just running for about 10 feet, ducking under a stick.. running another 20 feet.. jumping an 3ft obstacle .. and then the same thing on the way back.. you pushed a wooden wallfor about 6 ft... very light and easy.. then grabbed a dummy and dragged it for about 12 feet. you are given points based on how fast you execute the course.
then there is the trigger pull test. if you've never held a gun, or play video games and have extremely weak fingers then i would practice now.. otherwise you'll be more than fine..

[ May 18, 2006, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
quote:

LOL

edit: on a serious not, just be yourself...believe it or not, the police don't want "perfect" people.

I remeber my old Sgt., now Lt. saying we need people with real life experiences such as smoking weed. he said you gotta know the difference between dirt weed and chronic.

It was funny at the moment but very true, your life experiences aren't going to be perfect in fact he said he wouldn't want somebody who has been the straight sqaure person all their life, they have limited exposure to the real world.

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd have to disagree with that You don't need to try any of that shit to know it.

I've never touched that crap but know what it looks like smells like consists of etc. I.E. I can tell meth to coke just from the smell.

Poly is no sweat man. I was sweating a bit for my 4 hr phsyc but I passed it no problem.

Now I have a job couldn't be happier. I just gotta work on not fucking this up and staying here the full term.

BTW: I love my department! [patriot]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

quote:
quote:

You know your friend signed a form stating he isn't supposed to be talking about what happens during the polygraph portion of the interview and the pre-screen until after his whole background is completed.
Yeah, kinda like how you aren't supposed to tell anyone about the case you are assigned to when you have jury duty? Come on bro, that isn't realistic at all. My friend is going to make a damn good cop and that's all that matters. [Roll Eyes]
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Yames:

i took the written for the sfpd a while back. i found it to be a joke. the sheriff's written test was much harder and more analytical and so was their physical.. I'm still surprised how out of 5k people only 1,200 passed the one given by the sfpd.
Don't trip about the physical aspect. as long as you are not way out of shape you'll pass it... even if you are out of shape you'll probably pass it. if you can barely walk.. and duck.. you'll pass it.
For the sfpd it was just running for about 10 feet, ducking under a stick.. running another 20 feet.. jumping an 3ft obstacle .. and then the same thing on the way back.. you pushed a wooden wallfor about 6 ft... very light and easy.. then grabbed a dummy and dragged it for about 12 feet. you are given points based on how fast you execute the course.
then there is the trigger pull test. if you've never held a gun, or play video games and have extremely weak fingers then i would practice now.. otherwise you'll be more than fine..

Cool thanks for the inforamtion, it doesn't sound to difficult at all. I am a little over weight and to be in perfect shape I should be about 175 for my height, I'm 5'7 and right now I weigh 200ibs so yeah I need to loose some weight, anyways I have held a gun before, I actually own one and have been going target shooting with it so I'm pretty familiar with guns. Anyways thanks for the info it's appreciated. [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, kinda like how you aren't supposed to tell anyone about the case you are assigned to when you have jury duty? Come on bro, that isn't realistic at all. My friend is going to make a damn good cop and that's all that matters. [Roll Eyes]
I was only stating the fact that was what he was asked not to do. Thats all. Im sure more than half of the people who have taken one have talked about it immediately after.

Never said anything about him not going to be a "damn good cop" So a [Roll Eyes] back at you.

This place is full of fucking drama queens now.

--------------------
CRYSTAL WHITE 1994 COBRA; TOTALED
RIO RED 1994 COBRA INDY PACE CAR; SOLD(now in VACAVILLE)
(#18 of 1000)
BLACK 2002 GT Vert' AUTO; GONE!

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thnx guys for all ur intel and support...i'm a little relieved...i will keep you all informed with what happens after...thanks all...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com