Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Proper Burn Out/ Brake Stand Tech.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Proper Burn Out/ Brake Stand Tech.
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok well i hate to post this and seem like an idiot but its been a while since ive owned a stang...
1st stang was an auto and a brake stand was no issue, 2nd was a stick and i never had the opp. b4 i wrecked it, and then for 3 years an import [BS flag]

So my question, what are the better tips, techniques (sp?) for doing a brake stand/burn out to heat the tires up in a Stick other than just dropping the clutch [Confused]

Tried rolling a sec, hittin the gas and steppin on the brake lightly. Maybe i dont have good brakes(or lack of practice) but both times i rolled and eventually pressed hard enough and stalled the car b4 i could get the clutch in. Any help???

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
use your right foot to hold the brake and gas, works best for me. heel toe style.

then I can pop the clutch with my left foot while I let off the gas.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra9  Ford pictures for 9cobra9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
use your right foot to hold the brake and gas, works best for me. heel toe style.

then I can pop the clutch with my left foot while I let off the gas.

works best for me also, but do u have heat cycle tires? if not, its a waste of tire- or at least i think so.

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
cai, bbk headers, offroad h-pipe, short shifter, 3.73's, magnaflow mufflers, LTW flywheel and 04 cobra clutch,
co-owner of PWA

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have gears, put it in 2nd, tach it up to 4000-5000, pop the clutch while getting on the brake with your left foot all in one motion. Hold the gas with your right foot keeping a steady RPM. Enjoy the smoke.

If you don't have gears, do the same thing but in 1st.

Very easy...

Ex:
http://www.mustangmotorsport.com/images/vids/sacraceway4-1-06.wmv

[ May 17, 2006, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive got 3.73s [Big Grin] Thanks for the info and no bashing.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
come bring it by, I'll show you how it's done! [burnout]
Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what luke said..
Second gear.. get the rpms up.. drop the clutch and step on your brakes.. if you do it quick enough the car won't move forward at all..
practice practice practice..
sort of like this.. [Razz]
http://media.putfile.com/parking-lot-99
damn.. i miss that car.

--------------------
=(

Diamond Dave
¯
Member # 5023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Dave  Ford pictures for Diamond Dave  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
If you have gears, put it in 2nd, tach it up to 4000-5000, pop the clutch while getting on the brake with your left foot all in one motion. Hold the gas with your right foot keeping a steady RPM. Enjoy the smoke.

If you don't have gears, do the same thing but in 1st.

Very easy...

Ex:
http://www.mustangmotorsport.com/images/vids/sacraceway4-1-06.wmv

Good god, what is that pile of crap burning out during your run?

And also, I love how the yellow CRX launched in front of you. Haha, did he stall it??

--------------------
1993 Taurus SHO MTX Red/Grey
-Stock hotness DD

Posts: 475 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just pop the clutch and step on the brake with my left. But I've never been to the track

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I also like to hold the brake with my right heel and hit the gas with my toe and then drop the clutch.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i do rev it up a bit around 3k or higher dump the clutch get on the brake with my left foot and apply throttle with my right foot.
[burnout]
[burnout]

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com