Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Im buying some investment property in/around sac, what are the good/bad areas

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Im buying some investment property in/around sac, what are the good/bad areas
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
90% of sac city is ghetto.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
sureshot
¯
Member # 5108

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sureshot  Ford pictures for sureshot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what about near the elk grove area? I remember hearing some stuff about it a while back.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
90% of sac city is ghetto.

Your full of crap.... its more like 88.93%.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so where's the good 10 %?
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No such thing as bad property. As old timer once told me.....They aint making any more land, get what you can now.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
U guys think anyplace that is not 100% white is ghetto [Roll Eyes] Like any big city their are nice parts and bad parts. Interest rates suck right now but if you can afford it get in now while the prices are down
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

They suck, but not getting any better, is Elk grove or Carmichael a decent area?
Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your best bet would be El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Granite Bay, newer parts of Rancho Cordova. Stay clear of Elk Grove and downtown Sac area.
Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0 5speed:
U guys think anyplace that is not 100% white is ghetto [Roll Eyes] Like any big city their are nice parts and bad parts. Interest rates suck right now but if you can afford it get in now while the prices are down

If you are saying it is not ghetto, then maybe you should look again. No one mentioned anything about color, but ironically you are right that the majority of the population there is black.

As for the original poster, if you have the $, check out El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Rocklin, and Lincoln. I grew up in Carmichael and it was OK. There are a few main streets you want to stay away from, but most of it is pretty good. It's close to just about everything and the schools are not bad at all.

[ May 15, 2006, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Juiced-03 ]

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

quick99
¯
Member # 6291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quick99  Ford pictures for quick99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So are you saying if it's "ALL WHITE THEN IT'S ALL RIGHT"?
Posts: 103 | From: northern california | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here we go

[ May 15, 2006, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Juiced-03 ]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this will get interesting..
[Razz]

--------------------
=(

Bizob
¯
Member # 3768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bizob  Ford pictures for Bizob  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Elk Grove is nice. I think a while back ago on the News they said it was the best new community in the entire United States to live in. They factored in streets, schools, rate of growth etc... I live in North Natomas which is all very new. My parents bought the house 3 years ago for 429k and was just appraised for 750k I believe. El Dorado is also very nice. You might also want to check out Lincoln. They are doing a shit load of building out there.
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Juiced-03:
quote:

If you are saying it is not ghetto, then maybe you should look again. No one mentioned anything about color, but ironically you are right that the majority of the population there is black.

As for the original poster, if you have the $, check out El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Rocklin, and Lincoln. I grew up in Carmichael and it was OK. There are a few main streets you want to stay away from, but most of it is pretty good. It's close to just about everything and the schools are not bad at all.

Maybe if you looked around a little more you would realize that Sacramento is actually mostly Latino, When did I say anything about Sacramento being mostly black and how does that equal ghetto even if it was? [Confused]
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Elk Grove is a good area. around the elk grove blvd. and franklin blvd. is a really nice area of elk grove. have a lot of new houses out in that area.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Elk Grove is a good area. around the elk grove blvd. and franklin blvd. is a really nice area of elk grove. have a lot of new houses out in that area.

I have a few houses in that general area that I am working on. Very nice!
Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Juiced-03:
quote:

Maybe if you looked around a little more you would realize that Sacramento is actually mostly Latino, When did I say anything about Sacramento being mostly black and how does that equal ghetto even if it was? [Confused]
I'm not going to even bother, because you aren't going to agree with my opinion anyway.

--------------------

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I were you unless you had a specific reason to invest in sac, I wouldn't do it. Sac home prices are slipping so I would go out of state. If you are dead set on sac, wait about 6 months because I think prices will continue to slip and then it will be winter. Slowest time for selling so you can prolly negotiate a good deal. Also some people may be in trouble with their adjustables rising and no equity in the house so getting a refinance with better terms may force them to sell. I sold my calif properties in Nov and went out of state

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

I am thinking of getting a couple triplexes, and also have the bay in mind, but didnt find anything in a good area for a decent price... The thing about the sac(and surrounding areas)is that i see alot of developing and it that it is still reasnable when it comes to cost...The only color i care about is green $$$...

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com