Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Got a new ride

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Got a new ride
Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just picked up an 07' FJ Cruiser. Voodoo Blue with the convienance package, option package 2, with the roof rack. It's got alot of power and is 4X4 legit. It's the smoothest thing I've ever driven.

-
 -
 -

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't stand the look of them, but congrats!

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no offense but that thing looks fukkin ugly.
i saw a couple at the hayward toyota yesterday and wondered what the hell that thing was.

to each their own. [patriot]

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
i saw a couple at the hayward toyota yesterday and wondered what the hell that thing was.

What you mean to say was, "Does it swang". [Cool]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ArchNotch:
quote:

What you mean to say was, "Does it swang". [Cool]
i knew i forgot to say something.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
can you get those in just one color?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
can you get those in just one color?

Sure, but Toyota gives you the extra colors, preinstalled, at no cost! Bonus!

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work with those all day, and yea they'll swing but the paint is kinda funky on them because the white paint on top doesn't go with the body line, but they are starting to grow on me.

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Pcharged46
¯
Member # 1664

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcharged46  Ford pictures for Pcharged46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NICE !! How much was it out the door? Did the dealer have any deals on it?

--------------------
04 Gt, Procharger,ported bullitt intake, vt cams, patriot heads mahle pistons, manly rods... etc.etc.

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those things have been flying off the lot since we got them in! people have been trading thier cars for them!some of the accesories have been on back order cause they cannot keep up with the demand, they come stripped down too keep the cost down, but theres hella crap available for them! I like the blackcherry color! I have this pic somewhere where its all ticked out with a lift kit and warn wench,weld wheels on it and light bar and stinger bumper and navigation! I tows 5,000 pounds with a 4.0 V-6 [Cool] Much better for the price than for a Jeep, the jeep is soo needing a re-design platform wise!

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

1kdragin5.0
¯
Member # 6176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1kdragin5.0  Ford pictures for 1kdragin5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camaro Kid Z/28:
Those things have been flying off the lot since we got them in! people have been trading thier cars for them!some of the accesories have been on back order cause they cannot keep up with the demand, they come stripped down too keep the cost down, but theres hella crap available for them! I like the blackcherry color! I have this pic somewhere where its all ticked out with a lift kit and warn wench,weld wheels on it and light bar and stinger bumper and navigation! I tows 5,000 pounds with a 4.0 V-6 [Cool] Much better for the price than for a Jeep, the jeep is soo needing a re-design platform wise!

the new jeep is redesigned...the TJ is no longer being made and the new JK is coming out. You cant compare that toyota to a jeep. it is a 4x4...period - good for snow trips etc. The Jeep, (TJ, CJ, MJ etc) are able to be converted to WHEELERS. You can trick them (FJ) out with all the accessories in the world, but they cant do what a wrangler does. But maybe you were comparing it to a jeep liberty that would be comparable. the toyotas are selling for around 30k...so is a jeep rubicon...compare those 2! the jeep wouldnt need the warn winch!!! [dance]

but for what they are...i like em...they kept the original FJ front end look. and they are a toyota...cant go wrong with that!
so aside from the mustang i own a tj!

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea, they're funky looking NOW, but give it a few months and I'm sure everyone will grow on them. I like it though [Whoo Whooooo!] Just like the Hummers, they're weird looking, but with some accessories here and there, they can be bad ass rides [patriot]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is the first I've seen of these. I like the looks of it from the pics you posted. Congrats! [patriot]
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1kdragin5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by Camaro Kid Z/28:

the new jeep is redesigned...the TJ is no longer being made and the new JK is coming out. You cant compare that toyota to a jeep. it is a 4x4...period - good for snow trips etc. The Jeep, (TJ, CJ, MJ etc) are able to be converted to WHEELERS. You can trick them (FJ) out with all the accessories in the world, but they cant do what a wrangler does. But maybe you were comparing it to a jeep liberty that would be comparable. the toyotas are selling for around 30k...so is a jeep rubicon...compare those 2! the jeep wouldnt need the warn winch!!! [dance]

but for what they are...i like em...they kept the original FJ front end look. and they are a toyota...cant go wrong with that!
so aside from the mustang i own a tj!

...and most jeeps are never used for "wheeling"!
 -
awesome! [Razz] (waits for dana to buzz in on this one!) Toyota puts allot more into thier vehicles than jeep has EVER dreamed of!!!!

[ May 12, 2006, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: Camaro Kid Z/28 ]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much do those go for? I like it, looks kinda like one of my old school land cruisers my family had back in the day-I crashed! [Frown] Was a fun ride tho!
:
Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These things only come loaded. They're hot right now so people don't want the base model. Expect high 20's low 30's for one, thats if you can get it at m.s.r.p. I guess some So Cal dealers are marking them up $5k. All I want to do is throw on some 16" eight hole billet wheels with beadlock rings, a Camburg coil over kit, some BFG 31"s, and fab up a light bar for the roof rack with some Lightforce spots and floods.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Siiiick. time to go wheelin' [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[patriot] you shouldve stuck w ford

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
Siiiick. time to go wheelin' [Whoo Whooooo!]

They'll most likely end up like the H2 Hummer. Unworthy offroad, or mall cruiser.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice ride! There is an article in the Toyota 4wd magazine, where they took the new FJ cruiser to the Rubicon and tackled every trail with success with the only mod was a set of BFG All Terrians and a good driver. They camped out there for 3 days.

[ May 12, 2006, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: forced331 ]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OMG! That thing is hideous!

Promptly delete this post so no other Ford guy will be tortured by seeing it again

[Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
OMG! That thing is hideous!

Promptly delete this post so no other Ford guy will be tortured by seeing it again

[Razz] [Wink]

hahahaha
i seen one of those down the street from my place a week or two ago...same color and all....i think they are HIDEOUS but F what i think i dont have to drive around in it! [dance]

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Yeah I was expecting comments like that. It's only about a month old, I know people said the same thing about H2's but they're everywhere now. Im not done with Fords, I've still got my 66', it was just time for a change. No manufacturers have anything like this out for 06'/07' and I didn't buy it to run to Costco. This thing is a legit 4X4 and if anyone that knows anything about off roading should see this. All over 4X4 forums guys are saying how they got outwheeled by an FJC and can't believe it.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com