Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » XBOX 360 portable leaked

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: XBOX 360 portable leaked
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard rumors of it, but this is the first mock-up I have seen of it. If it is true I'll be getting one of these too [worship]
http://mobilitytoday.com/news/006460/xbox_360_handheld

[ May 10, 2006, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
look at the comments...
"This is from a uk magazine called T3 and its an artists impression only "

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that's pretty sweet if it's gonna really get developed.

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea, I saw that. But usually the artist impression is usually from concept art for the actual system. But at the E3 it was going around about a handheld from Microsoft. So could be some validity (the leaked Xbox 360 images proved to be spot on).
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit, I'll take one. [Eek!]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shittin' on the PSP.... LOL [Big Grin] - Hopefully Microsoft does decide to mass-produce a product like that, damn I will probably buy one.... TTT [patriot]

--------------------
*NorCal

TenthScale
¯
Member # 4632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TenthScale  Ford pictures for TenthScale    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
(the leaked Xbox 360 images proved to be spot on).

Because they were leaked by MS as part of their viral marketing campaign.

The portable drawing are just drawings.. there is another floating around with a fliptop.

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They can't make a portable Xbox let alone a Xbox360 that is BS! You cannot put three processors cores that clock in at 3.2 GHz each in a portable at this time. It takes up too much power. Maybe in 10 years.

[ May 11, 2006, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:
They make a portable Xbox let alone a Xbox360 that is BS! You cannot put three processors cores that clock in at 3.2 GHz each in a portable at this time. It takes up too much power. Maybe in 10 years.

That's true... Back in the day when SNES and the Genesis were duking it out and Sega released the Nomad (6 battery eater) Nintendo actually had a working protable Snes. Sadly, as you can imagine... back in the day, it would have eaten batteries like no tomorrow.

Its a cool idea, but not likely...
the Xbox360's power brick puts out:
12vdc @ 16.5 amps and 5vdc @ 1 amp
and the overall rated DC output? 203W.... ouch lol

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
They can't make a portable Xbox let alone a Xbox360 that is BS! You cannot put three processors cores that clock in at 3.2 GHz each in a portable at this time. It takes up too much power. Maybe in 10 years.

Ah but do not forget, you can cheat on visual quality on a small screen like that so you dont need nearly the processing power to get a clean image [Smile]

ITs what they did with the PSP. I think i read somewhere that it takes 1/4 the processing power to display and image on a screen like that (ill try and find the article again) because you do not need to display as many polygons on the screen to achieve the same visual effect (just an inllusion though)

MIke

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306ci89Vert:
quote:

Ah but do not forget, you can cheat on visual quality on a small screen like that so you dont need nearly the processing power to get a clean image [Smile]

ITs what they did with the PSP. I think i read somewhere that it takes 1/4 the processing power to display and image on a screen like that (ill try and find the article again) because you do not need to display as many polygons on the screen to achieve the same visual effect (just an inllusion though)

MIke

1/4 of the power is 50W still.

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com