Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Poseidon *Movie*

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Poseidon *Movie*
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I liked the original i hope the remake one is good. Kurt Russell is a good actor so he should make it good.
I just watched a show on the history channel about Rogue Waves and how they can easily flip a cruise ship just like this movie. Also they said the people who made this remake of Poseidon spent a year and paid hundreds of computer animation companies to make a new kind of special effects program to simulate water. The animation for this movie of the rogue wave is good it can simulate water down to the molecular level [Eek!]
Who is going to see this movie?

[ May 10, 2006, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember watching the orignial it was really good, I'm looking forward as well to seeing the remake. Whose the film being produced by?

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya! im definitely looking forward to this remake. looks good, and i loved the original.

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah comes out this friday! I'm definitely going to hit that up

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:

I'm going to watch it too. Isn't this a remake of that movie w/ Gene Hackman. That movie was great.

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:

I'm going to watch it too. Isn't this a remake of that movie w/ Gene Hackman. That movie was great.
Yeah Gene hackman was in the original.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats so good about a movie about a ship that is fliped over [Confused] You might as well go watch phone booth....

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:
whats so good about a movie about a ship that is fliped over [Confused] You might as well go watch phone booth....

The fact it can really happen and its the story about survival. Trying to get out of a flipped over ship that has no exits because all of them are underwater.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
g/f's sister saw the sneek preview the other night and she said it was ok [Roll Eyes]

Story needed some work.....i forgot to ask about the CG effects.

I think i may wait until DVD

Besides you know everyone is comparing it to TITANIC subconsciously(sp?)

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
g/f's sister saw the sneek preview the other night and she said it was ok [Roll Eyes]

what do women know about survival/action/suspense movies? haha all they know is "how to lose a guy in ten days", "sweet home alabama", "legally blonde" and "mean girls". comon now!!!!

marek

[ May 10, 2006, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Mach0ne351 ]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Mach0ne351:
quote:

what do women know about survival/action/suspense movies? haha all they know is "how to lose a guy in ten days", "sweet home alabama", "legally blonde" and "mean girls". comon now!!!!

marek

LOL [worship] [worship]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mach0ne351:
quote:

marek

LOL [worship] [worship]
ROFL [Big Grin]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Titanic the movie was GARBAGE [patriot] Probably one of the most boring movies in the world. And I love watching movies.

--------------------
91 GT

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Titanic the movie was GARBAGE [patriot] Probably one of the most boring movies in the world. And I love watching movies.
The sound track was 10x better.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
quote:

I hear ya i'm not into those sappy, romantic movies..... but when i hear about a movie that involves a ship that sinks....i think... Titanic.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I might be sick but i liked watching Titanic sink. it was good animation/special effects.
A couple of months ago they found that the bottom of Titanic actually ripped off it as it sank.

Poseidon isn't a love movie people its an action movie!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the water in this movie is supposed the first ever to try and digitally do the water completely
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

anyone see this tonight?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

I did. It was a good movie. Not great but good, I liked it. [patriot] No a big turn out for it. The theatre was about half way full, but I caught th 10:25 showing,...I wanna go watch MI3 tomorrow morning. Me and my girl were talkin about taking a cruise before watching this movie. I don't think I'll being that for a LONG while now. It is was trip [Eek!] . Fukkin water everywhere. If that wasn't real water then those were great effects. [Eek!]

[ May 13, 2006, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com