Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Any Shops in the BAY Area can Chrome Wheels??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any Shops in the BAY Area can Chrome Wheels??
Procharged2Kv6
¯
Member # 1563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Procharged2Kv6  Ford pictures for Procharged2Kv6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i might buy a set of wheels that i'm not sure i want chrome... but if i end up changing my mind down the road, do you guys know of any shops in the bay area that chrome rims and can stand by their work??

thanks!

--------------------
2006 C6 Victory Red
Manual 6 Speed
Stock, For Now!

*SOLD*2003 Cobra Vert
*SOLD*Supercharged V6 Stang
(11PSI)

Posts: 579 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
theres a shop in hayward that chromes wheels, but I forgot the name of the place. But seriously, I think it'd be a lot cheaper if you just buy them chrome now. Do a photshop of the chrome wheels and the other color wheels on your car before you buy anything [patriot]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

Migs
¯
Member # 5439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Migs  Ford pictures for Migs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where i work they widen wheels and a lot of people have to get their wheels re-chromed after the widening and if I remember corretly we send those wheels to Custom Chrome. Im not sure where they are located but they charge 300 a wheel. Im not 100% sure but I will get you their info on monday if you want.

--------------------
R.I.P SilverLX! You are missed bro.

Posts: 348 | From: Healdsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
make up your mind now because you will be paying a nice chunk of change to have them chromed. My buddy bought some polished wheels thinking they would look good and ended up two weeks later sending them off to get chromed.
Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It is a lot cheaper to buy them chromed vs. having them chromed. Expect to pay @ least $100-150 per rim to have them plated, minimum.

Lems

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com