Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » how to find registered owner with just vin# and license plate#

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: how to find registered owner with just vin# and license plate#
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
some1 cracked my g/fs benz the other day and left with her car smashed in and 2 neighboors got the license plate num and one followed him and got the vin anyway to see who owns it with just that info?
lawmans_GT
¯
Member # 3235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lawmans_GT  Ford pictures for lawmans_GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to the police agency where it happened, have your girlfriend file a police report. (Ins. co. will require a police report anyway) With the witnesses you have, have them provide statements of what happened and what they did. Let the police and ins co handle the rest. Hit and run is a crime in any city and state.
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jus curious how they got the vin?

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
one followed him and got the vin

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HUH! You mean there was a hit and run and the police wouldnt go to the house? What good is their name then? [Confused]

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:

is it just you and me or does this seem tooooo fishy? no disrepsect, but it's odd. i mean catching license plate is one thing, but getting the VIN and now wanting to find out where someone
lives [Confused] .

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
quote:

is it just you and me or does this seem tooooo fishy? no disrepsect, but it's odd. i mean catching license plate is one thing, but getting the VIN and now wanting to find out where someone
lives [Confused] .

easy to follow someone and wait for them to go inside where ever then grab the vin. I call whoever did it being a good neighbor. If someone pulled a hit and run on my car, especially a benz, id be PISSED, and if my neighbor said i got a plate AND a vin, id be happy as hell knowing i can now confront the person OR just report it to the police and insurance. Good to hear you got a lil help

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

lives [Confused] .

i wanna steal there 98 civic 4 door you cought me
the police for the last three days say there doing something bigger so i thought we could go over there and see if hed work something out with our insurance..i live right next to a high school and it was some lil kid

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by modular:
HUH! You mean there was a hit and run and the police wouldnt go to the house? What good is their name then? [Confused]

i agree thats what im saying
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by bottled02GT??:
quote:
quote:

lives [Confused] .

easy to follow someone and wait for them to go inside where ever then grab the vin. I call whoever did it being a good neighbor. If someone pulled a hit and run on my car, especially a benz, id be PISSED, and if my neighbor said i got a plate AND a vin, id be happy as hell knowing i can now confront the person OR just report it to the police and insurance. Good to hear you got a lil help
thank you..i was worried for her at 1st because no1 in my neighboorhood knew her car so it took 2 days for them do see us by it and say something that was real cool of him

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com