Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » hello 34mpg!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: hello 34mpg!
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup got a new beater/daily driver, and i get to keep the cobra and the 69!!!
 -
 -

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey bro that thing is sick for a little cruiser good job
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks man, i figured alot of guys on here would be like WTF? or thats ugly, but i think it's cool to drivearound town and in traffic, way better than daily driving the mystic!

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
34mpg is very cool -

But, yeah, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay fugly.

But so is my daily beater. [Razz]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much are those? like 13k? Man....I almost feel like giving in and buying one of these cheap new gas saving cars rather than get a used luxury car.
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
picuplouie
¯
Member # 5948

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for picuplouie  Ford pictures for picuplouie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
thanks man, i figured alot of guys on here would be like WTF? or thats ugly, but i think it's cool to drivearound town and in traffic, way better than daily driving the mystic!

Awesome!!! It's a Yaris. I was looking into one of those also, but the hatchback version. Break it in and post an update later on the MPG. It has a gas engine right? Not one of those electric hybrids... garbage batteries... [Razz]
Posts: 68 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah man my mom has a 2006 civic...i was doing about 85mph on the free way and getting about 42 mpg

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am actually looking into getting one of these, only thing that bothers me is that it starts to get up to 16k when you add in all the shit and you can't even get it with leather.

The real deal breaker for me is the 106hp engine. Can't deal with that!

Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not bad!!
Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

quote:
Originally posted by picuplouie:
quote:

Awesome!!! It's a Yaris. I was looking into one of those also, but the hatchback version. Break it in and post an update later on the MPG. It has a gas engine right? Not one of those electric hybrids... garbage batteries... [Razz]
ya no hybrid crap for now. the hatch version is sooo small. i payed 15k out the door and got top tier financing
my orginal plan was to sell the cobra and buy a new 4x4 trd tacoma, but monthly payments would have been more than but the yaris and cobra combined, then gas mileage would suck ass, so this was the solution
can you say 4:30's and drag radials for the cobra now!

--------------------

picuplouie
¯
Member # 5948

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for picuplouie  Ford pictures for picuplouie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by picuplouie:
quote:

ya no hybrid crap for now. the hatch version is sooo small. i payed 15k out the door and got top tier financing
my orginal plan was to sell the cobra and buy a new 4x4 trd tacoma, but monthly payments would have been more than but the yaris and cobra combined, then gas mileage would suck ass, so this was the solution
can you say 4:30's and drag radials for the cobra now!

You read my mind! Get a Yaris and turn my 5.0 into s super doper gas guzzler... lol. But I think I'm really going to do that too honestly... [Big Grin]
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

haha hell ya, i picked the cobra up from the back lot of the toyota dealership just now and the whole drive home was spent thinking about gears, suspension, and exhausts lol! bad thoughts i tell you!

--------------------

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustanghp950:
yeah man my mom has a 2006 civic...i was doing about 85mph on the free way and getting about 42 mpg

Is that the M5 or A5?

My wife has an '06 Civic EX 4 door auto 5 speed and it is claimed 30mpg in town and 40mpg on the freeway. So far (with 7,500 miles on it) we have gotten a best average of 36mpg on freeway trips (with 80-85mph averages) and 26mpg in town...

I'm pissed.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
'96 Camaro Z-28 (Artic White) hardtop 6-spd
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC
'02 Corvette Z06 (Quicksilver)
11.88 @ 121.6mph 1.97 60ft

Posts: 113 | From: Lincoln, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
34 mpg WOW thats amazing......much better then the H2 that I want...LOL

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
picuplouie
¯
Member # 5948

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for picuplouie  Ford pictures for picuplouie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How's the mpg going with the Yaris? I might be doing the super commute next month. From Oakland to San Jose and back. So, I might have to put the Mustang up for sale. Sad sad day when it does happen for me...
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

well it's been 2 weeks and i've only filled it up once and i still have half a tank left. my first tank came in at 29.7mpg but it should go up as is breaks in more. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Diamond Dave
¯
Member # 5023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Dave  Ford pictures for Diamond Dave  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice man. Wanna buy that JLT back? I might be getting my hands on a blower soon... [Smile]

--------------------
1993 Taurus SHO MTX Red/Grey
-Stock hotness DD

Posts: 475 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

maybe depends i might be selling it soon anyways. i'll definatly let you know

--------------------

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brian, that Civic milage is the "instant MPG" and not an average for a tank I bet. You know how people like to quote their milage that they see on the DIC rather than what is calculated at the pump over the average of a tankful. [Wink]

Nice car man. We need to line our DDs up at Sac one night. My Prius vs your Yaris! [Smile]

One thing I find amusing is the build quality vs my American cars. 100% better than any American car I've ever owned.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

hell ya justin, once i get a few clicks over 1000miles on the odo i'll bring it out to a few wed nights and mop up the import lanes

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:
quote:
Originally posted by mustanghp950:

Is that the M5 or A5?

My wife has an '06 Civic EX 4 door auto 5 speed and it is claimed 30mpg in town and 40mpg on the freeway. So far (with 7,500 miles on it) we have gotten a best average of 36mpg on freeway trips (with 80-85mph averages) and 26mpg in town...

I'm pissed.

yeah. my mom just got the civic you got and the mpg are really not that much better that was she was getting with her mitsubishi lancer.
Oh well.. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont want any of my 15mpg [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought a 1991 Honda Accord that gives me 30 mpg for 2200.00 in August of last year.

I have saved more money then this car is worth! Everyone should get something like this, dirt cheap, reliable, looks like crap so noone will mess with it.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a 97 corolla with a 3 speed auto, i'd do 80 mph and average 38 mpg, i hit a dear a totalled it....but you can get those cars for like 2500, great beaters

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

ilya
¯
Member # 6164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilya  Ford pictures for ilya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy shit, the Yaris actually looks decent. I may be looking into one of those if I have a longer commute with a new job. Nice car man. [Smile]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com