Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I found my abandoned dream car...how do you claim? (UPDATE: **PICS**) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: I found my abandoned dream car...how do you claim? (UPDATE: **PICS**)
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Today a few friend and I went on a little car cruise when I just barely stumbled across my dream car sitting backwards in a grass field with tracks from the fence it broke through into. The car was about 10-15ft off of the road on somebodys land. It was a Silver '97 turbo Supra 15th Anniv. 6spd. I called the police station and I gave them the plates and they said the car is not stolen. They tried transferring me to a abandoned car hotline asking where the car is etc. I was wondering if nobody claims the car, if there's a way I can? I'm pretty sure I've heard stories of people finding cars like this, correct?
The car clearly wasn't put by someone that lived on the land either because they broke down a random gate on the land and there were scratches all over the back of the car from the gate

Thanks,
-Jayson

[ May 01, 2006, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: J24I ]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe they crashed it drag racing fast and furiously and couldnt shifter teh turbos fast enough and flew through the fence at warp speed  -
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by spegull03:
maybe they crashed it drag racing fast and furiously and couldnt shifter teh turbos fast enough and flew through the fence at warp speed  -

LOL!

Sounds like a gem Jayson. Snatch it!

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL..it feels like I struck gold..but don't know how to get it..any help?

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by J24I:
Today a few friend and I went on a little car cruise when I just barely stumbled across my dream car sitting backwards in a grass field with tracks from the fence it broke through into. The car was about 10-15ft off of the road on somebodys land. It was a Silver '97 turbo Supra 15th Anniv. 6spd. I called the police station and I gave them the plates and they said the car is not stolen. They tried transferring me to a abandoned car hotline asking where the car is etc. I was wondering if nobody claims the car, if there's a way I can? I'm pretty sure I've heard stories of people finding cars like this, correct?
The car clearly wasn't put by someone that lived on the land either because they broke down a random gate on the land and there were scratches all over the back of the car from the gate

Thanks,
-Jayson

How about some pics? How do you know it was a 97? BS on anyone abandoning a mkiv tt supra. No chance in hell.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
quote:

Thanks,
-Jayson

How about some pics? How do you know it was a 97? BS on anyone abandoning a mkiv tt supra. No chance in hell.
Werent all the 15th anniv. supras 97's? I'm about to go back and take pics in a couple minutes

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes they are. Check the side air duct or the front and see if there is an intercooler. I still don't think anyone would abandon it they probably crashed it and got a ride home and are now looking for a way to tow it out. I can't think of anyone off hand who has a 97 tt silver supra in the bay area. hmmmmmm. I know for other tangibles you can claim them after notifying the police and holding the item for 30 days as long as no one else files a claim or reports it lost. I doubt it would work like that for a car since there is actual title of ownership. Not really sure on this one. Hell if it was your land I know you could lien sale it. But not sure of the procedure if you just found the car. I still think they will be back for it no one would abandon that car even if it wasn't a turbo.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go put a note on it saying you would like to buy it and leave contact info. I bought a 68 stang like that before. If it is private property there is nothing you can do. Go to the city and check the zoning on it. If it is on county soil you may be able to do something. BUt if the land belongs to someone you have to find out who.
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

I know for a fact it's turbo. The intercooler in the right front duct was the first thing always look for when I see a supra... I just went there and took pics and got the vin too

Anyone got a carfax account?

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dam jay getting a little excited.

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, I saw an 03 Cobra just sitting by the freeway today with a flat tire. I'm going back to get it.... [Big Grin] it was kinda dirty too....

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I highly doubt a car of that value would simply be abandoned.

Good luck on whatever happens dow.

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Here's the car
 -

The fence they backed up the car through
 -

15th Anniv.
 -

The car isn't crashed or anything, it just has scratches from going through backing up through that fence...

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so you gonna tow it back to your pad or what??

[Big Grin]

seriously..looks like its abandoned. just go back to the police and say the bitch is still sittin there and if u can have it

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that mf is clean....Dat shit might be linked to a murder or a missing person case. Doesnt look it has been there long either. Good luck with it. FInd out whose land it is first then go from there.
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Does anyone have a carfax account?

Thanks,
-Jayson

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doesn't look abandoned to me, looks like someone parked it to come back for it later.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hehehe i know where that is...i got a tow truck in my possesion too. :evilface
Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:
hehehe i know where that is...i got a tow truck in my possesion too. :evilface

damn thats hella dirty lmao

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

CobraTerritory
¯
Member # 6476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraTerritory  Ford pictures for CobraTerritory  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Here's the car
 -

The fence they backed up the car through
 -

15th Anniv.
 -

The car isn't crashed or anything, it just has scratches from going through backing up through that fence...

[worship] [worship]

--------------------
Advanced Auto Built
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords October 2013 Cover Car
1 Of 0 Bright Atlantic Blue Terminator

Posts: 1546 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice car...hopefully you end up with it. Honestly though, it doesnt look very dirty, so I'm assuming it must've just been parked there recently. Can't you somehow trace back to who the registered owner is and then just contact them direct? That shit is forreal 2Fast2Furious [dance]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
Doesn't look abandoned to me, looks like someone parked it to come back for it later.

+1

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TOw that shit to your house immediately. finders keepers. [dance]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got my olds 442 like this it was on missions street in frisco and i had my wife have here mom a daly city cop run the plates and turns out my wife went to school with the guy and he signed it right over not wanting anything else to do with it he was young and didnt know it was a real 442 car and i have it still til this day in your case though it may be stolen just not known yet to damn clean to just be left in my opinion but good luck man hope you get it [Big Grin]

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where is this by? antioch?

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com