Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ford gt's

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ford gt's
SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i went to the roseville auto mall yeaterday and when my brother went off to look at the mustangs outside, me and my gf went inside to see what was in the part shop for her mustang. and what did i see sitting infront of my. 3!!! ford GT's (two of them were already sold) each costing...with dealer mark up...about $300,000. then sitting right next to that was a cobra R priced at $104,000 then about two or three saleens costing with mark up about $70,000. then i walked out side and there was a car...i think called the esparza...or something along those lines. it had a 4.6 dohc motor....suprechared i think, carbonfiber body. about $96,000. FUCK they have some nice cars in roseville. lucky people.

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's an old dealer trick to mark cars "sold" and then saying there is only one left. This gets you thinking that the cars are actually selling for those inflated prices and you better hurry because the last one will be gone soon as well. That dealer also has had that Esperante and Cobra R for a loooooong time

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustanghp950:
then i walked out side and there was a car...i think called the esparza...or something along those lines. it had a 4.6 dohc motor....suprechared i think, carbonfiber body. about $96,000. lucky people.

That car is a Panoz Esperante, and it has been there for 4+ years, we just can't sell it. 2 of the GT's are going to be kept by the owner (we think), we already sold one ($299k), and the other is up for sale. The Cobra R has a price tag, but it really isn't for sale.

[ April 29, 2006, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: BlueOvalRacing ]

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlueOvalRacing:
quote:
Originally posted by mustanghp950:
then i walked out side and there was a car...i think called the esparza...or something along those lines. it had a 4.6 dohc motor....suprechared i think, carbonfiber body. about $96,000. lucky people.

That car is a Panoz Esperante, and it has been there for 4+ years, we just can't sell it. 2 of the GT's are going to be kept by the owner (we think), we already sold one ($299k), and the other is up for sale. The Cobra R has a price tag, but it really isn't for sale.
I was told that the Cobra R was one of the last ones not to be sold. As in no real registered owner, besides the dealership. Don't know if it's true or not?

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know of a few 2000R's currently in dealerships hands with no miles, no registration and no purchasers !

You can pick up under 10K miles for a lot less than you might guess.

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car #938
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That Cobra R has fricking nothing but key marks all over the paint, looks like ass sitting there.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com