Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » wire transfers..what bank?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: wire transfers..what bank?
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok ok.. so i'm gonna have to start wiring money to Peru every month. i have two really large sums of money being wired this month. and then smaller amounts What bank offers the cheapest rates? i will get majorly booty raped if i don't get help this month.
thanks.
I was watching univision and they mentioned a bank that was doing it for free this month.. did anyone hear the same thing?, .. does anyone watch Univision for that matter? ha .. [Big Grin]

[ April 27, 2006, 03:18 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've only used BofA and they charged $45 per transfer.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That would be the number one bank in the world [Whoo Whooooo!] . CITIBANK. I actually work for them. Its called a GLOBAL TRANSFER and its actually done at an ATM. How much a month do you plan on sending? I will get you more information ASAP.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bummer PERU is not on the list to do this. Click HERE to see what I mean.

But CITIBANK is still a good option. Why? Because CITIBANK is one of the only few (only one that I know of). That allows you to do WIRE TRANSFERS from you online banking account (Has to be checking) $30. Whats good about this, you can do this from the comfort of your own home and have the info stored. So when you go to do transfer monthly. You just click wire, amount and send.

More info: HERE

--------------------

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Or your other option (if your not sending ALOT of money). You can open an account here in the US (Citibank). Deposit the money into the account. When you open the account (if these are people you trust). You can send them your ATM card over there and have them go to a CITIBANK ATM located in PERU: HERE . There won't be any charges for using the ATM because its a CITIBANK ATM but they would be charged for the conversion rate to PERUVIAN dollars. I only suggest this way if its family that you trust or someone that you trust. Because the card is in your name.

There are only 7 Citi branches/ATM so hopefully in the link, whereever your sending, there is one in that location.

[ April 27, 2006, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks man. my aunt uses that atm method and it's been working fine for a long time. i don't think the amounts will work for the transactions i'm planing...

thanks for the info. there will be 3k and then 21k(don't want to get ass raped on that one) being wired this month to peru. and then.. smaller amounts every month for a little while.
Do they charge a flat rate for wiring money? or a percentage. i'll have to open a new account with whatever bank i use.. .
Thanks again.

[ April 27, 2006, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Wire transfer fees are flat rates. It doesn't matter if you send 3k-25k its still going to be 30 bucks if you do it with CITIBANK online.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
Wire transfer fees are flat rates. It doesn't matter if you send 3k-25k its still going to be 30 bucks if you do it with CITIBANK online.

really? holy crap.. great.
you work for citibank, correct? so.. just go to a branch and tell them i want to open a new checking account? will this work if the bank I'm transferring the money to (recipient in peru) is not citibank? or should i tell someone there to open an account in a citibank branch under their name..
thanks

[ April 27, 2006, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Yeah I work for CITIBANK. You just need to go to a CITIBANK and ask to open a checking account. Make sure when you open the checking account you set yourself up for ONLINE BANKING and for WIRE TRANSFER because for some reason it takes 14 days to verify some intial information for wire transfer setup (It only takes this long for the setup, NOT EVERYTIME). For the person that your sending it to, doesn't necessarily need a CITIBANK account, but they do need a banking account down in PERU. But it would be better to get a CITIBANK one if they are close to one, just for easier transfer of wires and potential features that can be utilized down there or if they come to the US too. But not NECESSARY!

[ April 27, 2006, 03:30 AM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast_Bitch  Ford pictures for Fast_Bitch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Watch out for the larger sum of the wire transfer they mighgt flag your account if the money hasnt been in said acount for atleast a 2 month period. Normally credit unions are cheaper. But normally you have to be a member for them to do international tranfers most credit unions and bank are about 45$ unless you are a rated member and you will not get a charge.

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You might attract the Money Laundering watchers !

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car #938
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by UKCobra:
You might attract the Money Laundering watchers !

very true.. damn.. why is it so difficult to launder money? [Razz]
any other ideas of how to send large amounts witout getting busted.. flying there is not an option. [Frown]

--------------------
=(

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn you already sold all the yayo? [Confused] [Big Grin]

My folks used B of A with success. I have no idea how much it costs though.

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jersey you trying to bring the faimly over here? [Razz]
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
jersey you trying to bring the faimly over here? [Razz]

trying to bring a couple of wives over.. [Razz]

--------------------
=(

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
free in going or out going international or domestic wires wit our new free checking!!
Washington Mutual

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com