Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Wrecked mountaineer conclusion (AAA SETTLEMENT) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wrecked mountaineer conclusion (AAA SETTLEMENT)
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-

-

-

[ May 08, 2006, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-

-

-

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] holy shit!!
how did it end up on its side?

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn [Eek!] What happened?? I hope everyone got out safely [patriot]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where did that happen?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
Where did that happen?

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Sierra at Tahoe. My brother and I took the mounty up for a day of boarding. Perfect day for boarding and I had a chance to break in my new boots and bindings (and truck). On the road going out of the resort at the end of the day there was some ice that looked like melted water...basically we hit the ice going about 30 - 35 mph, smacked the side of the snowbank, went up some of the bank, at that point I closed my eyes because I heard glass shatter...felt like one complete roll but who knows.

Anyway car is fucked off and saved both our lives. Neither of us had even one scratch. AAA has been awesome so far and really on the ball with it. They gave me a 30 day paid car rental until they either total it out and cut a check or fix it...I really don't see them fixing it,..and no the airbags did NOT deploy. I don't think we were going fast enough for them to go off.

Sooo moral of the story...there really isn't one, other than it's just a peice of metal and my brother and I are cooool and no other cars were involved.

Best part is looking for another ride

[Big Grin]

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that sucks [Frown]
I can't believe how many accidents I saw while I was working up there in the winter.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you atleast get to ride?

Justin

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] dang that sux! glad to hear you guys made it out without a scratch!

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MAN!!...That's crazy Jer...Thinks happen for reasons, maybe you can get a newer car/suv that's better than that one....

BTW~what with the date on your camera

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Yup already lookin for something else...wife said some bullshit about a wagon? Unless its an Audi A6 then no way. I'm for sure getting something that isn't a v8 this time...we were tired of the gas consumption on the mounty anyway. We'll see...it'll be the wife ride so it most likely will suck more than the mounty [Frown]

Need some suggestions on what to get. SUV, v6, $12,000-$20,000 LOW LOW miles is a must, 2000-2006. Thats my search window so far...

late [patriot]

cdog301
¯
Member # 5136

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cdog301  Ford pictures for cdog301    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They will total it my mounty looked better and they totalled it! But just like you no one hurt those are good trucks!

--------------------
1992 Notch
Dss Pro Bullet
Afr 165's
GT40 U/L
Bassani X w/cats
and other goodies!!!!!!!
I love MOSTLY MUSTANGS OAKLAND CA

Posts: 386 | From: Richmond CA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dibs on the P heads ;-)

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn that sucks glad ur okay [patriot] yea if theres frame damage like that their gonna total it and now im even more scared to drive in the snow [Frown] everyone gives me shit for driving like a grandma but i am soooo scared to go sliding off the side of those mountains [Frown]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn man, i'm glad you're okay.
what about one of those new srt things that are replacing the neon [Big Grin]

on edit:

-

[ April 25, 2006, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: shiftylx ]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dodge caliber? they tryin to say its comparable to the toyota matrix...went and seen it...its more like a civic hatch back...hella small. and the srt-4 version isnt available yet...
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

AAA isn't so cool anymore.

Tomorrow it will have been a week to the day that I rolled the mounty. And nothing has been done at AAA. No one has even LOOKED at it from AAA.

The tow yard charged ME the $258 towing fee even after I gave them my card. I'm getting charged $45 a day for the car to sit at the tow yard.

Friday ONE DAY after the roll over we got a call from the adjuster asking us if we wanted the car towed to a junk yard so we wouldn't be charged $45 a day for it being at the tow yard. We said YES....and guess what...car is STILL AT THE TOW YARD and no one from AAA has looked at it or sent anyone to bring it to the junk yard!!!

All these fee's come out of the check they cut when totalling out the car so basically out of my pocket! I've been sent to 4 different people and they all just send me to each other...if I have a question they say they don't know and send me to someone else.

And what can I do? Nothing...I'm just getting shafted and don't know who to call anymore or what to do. FUCKING MOTHER FUCKERS! The guy that is supposed to be looking at the car has not once answered his phone ALLLL WEEK!

Any advice? Buy some KY and bend over isn't really my first choice but its starting to look like I have no choice. I mean does it really take a fuckin full week to go look at a car that is CLEARLY totalled. They refused my photos, not that I thought they would take them but shit.

Last time I called the adjuster his v-mail said he is off tomorrow...so he had time to chance his voice mail but not return any of my calls...So I'll be paying another $45 for two more days while he's off fuckin his bitch monkey. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call your agent...He's the one that will loose your business....Just keep calling and asking for management....

That is fuckin ridiculous...Personally, the first thing that came to mind is have it towed to your house, so you don't keep getting tow yard bills....But then, it's in TAHOE!...

WTF, Yeah AAA hasn't been working for me either...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AAA is only good for Towing you the free 5 miles (or if you have the advanced membership the 100 miles) coming to give you gas if you run out, helping you get into your car if you lock the keys in, etc.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AAA sucks ass,when my 65 got rear ended.I had AAA full coverage. They sent an adjuster out to talk down the price to fix it,but it wasn't even on their buck. The guy that hit me had farmers insurance. The body shop owner had to tell the adjuster to leave,then we called AAA and instructed them to stay out of it since they were working for the wrong team. Fuckin pricks. Some body shops don't even want to deal with AAA insured people,cause the adjusters are spineless. I have been treated better by cheapy insurance companys that weren't even mine.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
AAA is only good for Towing you the free 5 miles (or if you have the advanced membership the 100 miles) coming to give you gas if you run out, helping you get into your car if you lock the keys in, etc.

I'm not just a roadside AAA member but my AUTO insurance is through them too. We are also AAA Plus Members which is the 100 mile tow. The car is fully covered and we have 3 cars through them...I almost thought we would get SOME KIND of service other than SHITTY!

And I've been really calm with everyone I've talked to in hopes they would be willing to help me out... I know at work I will go out of my way NOT to help someone if they are being pricks to me, so went out of my way to be cool with them....guess I need to contact supervisor and managers.....although that could just make things worse. [Frown] [Mad] [Mad] [Frown]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
quote:

I'm not just a roadside AAA member but my AUTO insurance is through them too. We are also AAA Plus Members which is the 100 mile tow. The car is fully covered and we have 3 cars through them...I almost thought we would get SOME KIND of service other than SHITTY!

And I've been really calm with everyone I've talked to in hopes they would be willing to help me out... I know at work I will go out of my way NOT to help someone if they are being pricks to me, so went out of my way to be cool with them....guess I need to contact supervisor and managers.....although that could just make things worse. [Frown] [Mad] [Mad] [Frown]

You need to do that otherwise nothing is going to happen.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:
AAA sucks ass,when my 65 got rear ended.I had AAA full coverage. They sent an adjuster out to talk down the price to fix it,but it wasn't even on their buck. The guy that hit me had farmers insurance. The body shop owner had to tell the adjuster to leave,then we called AAA and instructed them to stay out of it since they were working for the wrong team. Fuckin pricks. Some body shops don't even want to deal with AAA insured people,cause the adjusters are spineless. I have been treated better by cheapy insurance companys that weren't even mine.

WHOA!! [Eek!] I used to have Farmers....long time ago,...should have never left [Frown] I'm trying to think what I must have done, since what goes around comes around but I cant think of a $13,000 come back that I should be shafted for...hmmm maybe its something I haven't done yet LOL.

Thanks for lettin me rant a little...sometimes when you can't do shit a little rant is in order. I still think "AAA" is okay and that I must have got stuck with the morons in the group.

[burnout] [burnout]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:

WHOA!! [Eek!] I used to have Farmers....long time ago,...should have never left [Frown] I'm trying to think what I must have done, since what goes around comes around but I cant think of a $13,000 come back that I should be shafted for...hmmm maybe its something I haven't done yet LOL.

Thanks for lettin me rant a little...sometimes when you can't do shit a little rant is in order. I still think "AAA" is okay and that I must have got stuck with the morons in the group.

[burnout] [burnout]

What goes around comes around is just wishful thinking. Most people who do bad shit don't get bad shit done to them, so i don't think your being punished for anything.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com