Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Don't Buy From Racecraft, Inc.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Don't Buy From Racecraft, Inc.
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On April 20th, 2006 I entered into a dispute with Racecraft, Inc. in Alsip, Il. relating to a parts fitment issue and refund dispute. As in any argument, things escalated quickly and I filed claims with my financial institution and the Better Business Bureau. I also posted my "side" of the argument here and on several other internet forums. While I maintain that I have not posted any un-true information on any of these internet sites, I have deleted my original post because Racecraft has agreed to refund my money despite the fact that my return came after their posted time limit on returns. I have known this company to be fair in their dealings in the past and have been proven that they are still fair in their dealings now. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

[ April 24, 2006, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Posts: 1064 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it's GREAT that you posted this. Companies need us as customers in order for them to live. Some companies think they can do this to a customer and the customer will just eat the loss and go away. This is a GREAT example of what word of mouth will do.

Look what Apex word of mouth did for them here [Wink]

Best of luck with your BS lawsuit. I hope you took pictures before you sent back the parts?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would make a counter suit in CA, he will HAVE to come out here and defend himself, personnal juridiction will bring him

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ April 26, 2006, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: JohnB ]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess this is why you were trying to sell these parts, good thing no one bought them cause they would be more screwed then you!

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my MM k-member and a-arms were cheaper than that

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Whoa,whoa...back up. You've been attempting to sell these parts on THIS BOARD since 12/2005. You never mentioned any of this in your post(s). Here's the post if it slipped your mind...

posted December 12, 2005 02:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a brand new in box Race Craft K-Member and A-Arms for a 1979-1993 Mustang. They are chromemoly pieces and our 100% tig welded. This setup has spring perches installed on both the k-member and arms. They have 5.0 mounts and oem rack mounts. I paid $868 + $55 s&h for these parts, got them last week, and decided that for Road Racing at Infineon I'd be better off spending $2,500 on the Griggs stuff. This Racecraft stuff is perfect for street and drag racing. That's not what I am using this car for, and should have done more homework before buying. My loss is your gain. $850 and it's yours.

And now you're filing a complaint against Racecraft? What gives? You stated in your post you "should have done more homework". You, and people like you, are the sole reason why businesses have BS complaints. You screwed up, ordered the wrong stuff...and now they are the bad guy?

I think you should get your shit straight before you post up here. I am tired of cry-baby posts because of individuals who "don't do their homework" prior to buying parts. If you have a issue with Racecraft not refunding your $, that's an issue in itself. The return policy is clearly stated on their website. Here's the info..
No returns will be accepted after 30 days from date of invoice, 45 days for international orders. Racecraft will only accept returns on parts that have not been modified; comes in its original package; and appear like new. You will be charged a 20% restocking fee on any returned products.

Before returning a part, you must call Racecraft. You will be given a RA#, which you must write on three sides of the box being returned. All shipping charges on return packages are prepaid only; No C.O.D.'s will be accepted on returns. No returns on special-order parts (including, but not limited to, housings, fiberglass / carbon fiber, chassis, welded frames, and any part made or ordered to customer specs, etc.). Since springs are a tuning item, they cannot be returned unless defective.

Again, as you stated, these parts were custom with "No part numbers". I'd be willing to bet you special ordered this stuff (no returns), it was after 30 days (no returns...) and you sent it back anyway. (still no returns...) Otherwise, why would you attempt to sell it here?

Please, do not use OUR website to trash a company when you don't do your homework. It's BS. [BS flag]

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] what a fucking scum bag. good thing no one baught them. good save john beezy [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ April 24, 2006, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

[ April 24, 2006, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If his story is true, the company should take partial blame. If a salesperson did in fact tell him that the parts he was buying was correct for his application, he trusted that and took his word. It's like being ill and going to the doctors and the doc tells you that you should a certain kind of meds. You take them because you figure he knows his shit and you don't Not everyone on here has the know-how to determine the best way to go when building their cars. Some of us have to listen to others. He is a partially to blame because he didn't do more research but again don't just shut the door on a unhappy customer. They were so willing to take his money in the first place.... Just my 2 cents

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Casey90GT:
Just so nobody else tries to bad-mouth me on here...I did list the new k-member and control arms for sale too. I decided I didn't want to run them. I knew I was going to take a beating on the price, but I didn't care. That was before I attempted to mock anything up. As soon as I knew that there were fitment issues I knew I wouldn't be able to sell the parts with a clear conscience. So at that point I was stuck with junk I wouldn't be able to sell. That is Racecraft's whole point in not giving me a refund. They say that since I didn't want to run the parts that I found reasons for the parts to not work. That is not true. I didn't mind losing $200 on a bunch of brand new parts because I changed my mind. I DID!!! I changed my mind. But how is it fair that I get stuck with BRAND NEW parts that I can't even sell. I just wanted to put that out there, and I'm sorry that I didn't put it in my first post.

I'm bad-mouthing you????? Put it however you want. You screwed up. Period. I don't care if you "ordered something custom and they told you try it". You go by what's posted publicly on their website and what's in writing. It is no different then buying something that isn't car-related. There is a return policy. There are rules. Do you think that they, as a business, should wait until you get off your ass to try a product and decide whether you like it or not...THEN give you your money back? For God's sake no. C'mon. For all we know, the car you are attempting to bolt this onto has been tagged harder than a freshman at a Frat party. I don't care if you posted this before or after the other K member you purchased. I can tell you this: if you were dumb enough to buy a SECOND K member from them after the first one didn't fit, you DEFINITELY deserve to eat the next one. You said you bought the second one in Jan 06...after you KNEW the first one in Dec 05 didn't work. What's that say???

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

[ April 24, 2006, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

[ April 24, 2006, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Hey, whatever Casey. Enjoy your K member.

Oh, wait...you shipped it back already and have nothing. See, the problem is this: there is a search button here. It works now. After you posted that you had a chrome-moly one, I searched again...you tried to sell BOTH. One in Dec 05, one in Mar 06. So what does that say for you now? It says you didn't know squat about either. I read all your posts. They say the same thing Bro...

Want me to post your plee (pm) not to post up anymore titled "please read"?

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Hey, whatever Casey. Enjoy your K member.

Oh, wait...you shipped it back already and have nothing. See, the problem is this: there is a search button here. It works now. After you posted that you had a chrome-moly one, I searched again...you tried to sell BOTH. One in Dec 05, one in Mar 06. So what does that say for you now? It says you didn't know squat about either. I read all your posts. They say the same thing Bro...

Want me to post your plee (pm) not to post up anymore titled "please read"?

Post it and let the drama continue cuz I'm bored! [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ April 22, 2006, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: SmokeyBurnout ]

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

quote:
Originally posted by Casey90GT:
How is it fair that they tell me that and then fail to follow through?

It tells me you don't know how to read. It tells me you're wasting bandwidth on CAFords website. And it tells me you're coming awefully close to a locked post.

Any other questions??

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

[ April 24, 2006, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Do yourself a favor. Look hard in the mirror and think about this post. Think about the BS businesses go through on a weekly basis from folks like you. Think about the crap they must endure because people, like you, don't know what they are doing and want their money back after the fact. If you had something legit, you'd put that in the post. You'd had stated the refund issue previously. You didn't.

And yes, you're correct. I don't agree with you. I can honestly say this is the first time in 3+ years of being on this board I've "called someone out" on a post. Don't take it personal. don't know you, I don't know of you, and I only know what you post. But when you take a complaint into a public forum such as the BBB, it does become serious. You, or someone like you, may not think it's a big deal, but it is. It's a big deal in the broad spectrum. I wish you the best of luck with this and I hope the better person comes out on top. I have the BBB link on my favorites now. Again, good luck.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

SilverScab
¯
Member # 6092

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverScab  Ford pictures for SilverScab    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com