Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Side exhaust opinions and ???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Side exhaust opinions and ???
1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1100hp  Ford pictures for 1100hp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK.. here's the deal. I have a heavily moded 02GT and due to my suspension setup their's no possible way to rout my exhaust out the back of the car. Now i'm forced to rout it out the side and I can't deside if I should go with the Cobr-R style, or get the Classic Desighns Concepts side exhaust package...I'm having a difficult time desiding which system to use so any input would be appreciated... [patriot]

--------------------
"sure officer, it's stock".

1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1100hp  Ford pictures for 1100hp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh I should ad that I have a Cobra-R hood, Thanx.. [patriot]

--------------------

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
like i said before get the CDC kits looks better and cleaner.
when we gonna race? ill be on slicks and you have to be on street tires so i can stand a chance [burnout] , becuase even with slicks they arent going to help either,

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1100hp:
OK.. here's the deal. I have a heavily moded 02GT and due to my suspension setup their's no possible way to rout my exhaust out the back of the car.

What do you have that is preventing it from coming out the back? Torque arm?

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i thnink the cobra R's pipes look hella dumb, go with the roush set up. or have you thought about the dump off?

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would just dump it.

Save some money instead of buying a side-exh. kit to make around just as much power.

1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

I have a full maximum motorsports suspension system, so ya teir's a torque arm and a few other things in the way. I don't really like the look of the Roush skirts for the side exhaust, but you have a point because i'll probably need to use their rear skirts to cover up the exhaust cutout's on my rear bumper. If any one could post some pics or some sound bits so we could see and hear the difference between the two would be appreciated.. [Big Grin] [patriot] [burnout]

--------------------

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Be aware of clearance issues with side exhaust. I am not sure how low your car is but they sit pretty low. They say you actually loose power because of the bends thats what I heard. Go with dumps it cheaper. If you do end up going with side exhaust the spintech sounds good.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Ya...my car doe's sit hella low... I'll be having a custom exhaust made to fit the side setup, so NO CRAZY BENDS. [Razz] I was thinkin about NASCAR style...HHMMMM [Big Grin] I wonder how that would sound???? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DUMPS! [worship]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

I'm not putting DUMPS on my car.....it's to loud and gets way too HOT in the car with thoes.. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On your body style and with your hood I'd say the Roush kit with side pieces is the way to go.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Any one ever hear the Kenny Brown side exhaust kit?

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com