Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Project cheap skate runs

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Project cheap skate runs
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's called project cheap skate because it well has been carefully pieced together with a lot wheelin and dealin. For a whole lot nothing dough just lots of bruised knuckles and the ocational use of profanity.

I pieced the drivetrain for this bucket. Built the motor, rebuilt the supercharger, rebuilt the trans, just needs the rear.

Dont say anything about the seat covers and rims they are comming off asap. In addition to finishing off the cosmetics.

This is me finishing off the initial tune I just need to pull it out on the street and check it with a WB02.

Click here to watch MOV00878-86

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA
¯
Member # 5068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA  Ford pictures for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweeet...whats all done to the car?

--------------------
DRIVE IT TILL THE FU**IN WHEELS
FALL OFF...

Posts: 723 | From: San Jose, Cali. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"FUKK THE RAIDERS"
does it swang? [Whoo Whooooo!]

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA
¯
Member # 5068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA  Ford pictures for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Whoo Whooooo!] RAIDERS!!!!
anyways back to the post....wuts the boost?

--------------------
DRIVE IT TILL THE FU**IN WHEELS
FALL OFF...

Posts: 723 | From: San Jose, Cali. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Basic stuff.
331 10.4:1 compression
Edelbrock top end
tfs 2 cam
1.6 rr's
long tubes
off road H with dumps
Vortech with 7" crank 3.12" blower pulleys
42's
90mm Lightning mass air
basic suspension control arms subframes need drag shocks
tweeker tuned

Idles/starts great cold or warm Right at 900rpm thinking of moving it up a bit.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Oh yeah raiders to match the paint job with the ghost flames.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1100hp  Ford pictures for 1100hp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice job, the car sounds nice. [patriot] So with it all said and done how mutch did the project cheap skate end up costing you?

--------------------
"sure officer, it's stock".

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

There is a total of 5K including the car and the custom paint.

Didn't cost me anything I built it for friend.

It's a legit xchp.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice, You must of known the painter.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1100hp  Ford pictures for 1100hp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn dude great price. [Eek!] How lo9ng did the project take you to do from start to finish? [burnout]

--------------------

whyteLX5.0
¯
Member # 6023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whyteLX5.0  Ford pictures for whyteLX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it only took you 5k? damn thats good. How much of the money did you put into the engine?
Posts: 195 | From: Pittsburg/Antioch | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn... only $5000 [Eek!] Impressive Sal, very impressive [Wink] Why dont you hook me up next [Big Grin]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
Basic stuff.

rather high CR without an intercooler? i didnt see one but i coulda been wrong. Or is it safe, if so id run it as well. I learned and was always told 8.5-9.5 w/o an IC?

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Transmission I had built about a year ago.

Motor took me about a day of actual work the rest was spent goofing around and waiting for parts.

To put it in and get it running about 2 days additional stuff that came up 2 days.

Yes the painter is known it was his uncle who did it for the cost of material.

there is about 3K into the motor tranny suspension etc.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

quote:
Originally posted by bottled02GT??:
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
Basic stuff.

rather high CR without an intercooler? i didnt see one but i coulda been wrong. Or is it safe, if so id run it as well. I learned and was always told 8.5-9.5 w/o an IC?
It's all about total timing type of gas and how you drive it (ie not hot lapping)

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

triple black hatch
CAFords OG
Member # 5420

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple black hatch  Ford pictures for triple black hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it almost looks like my engine lol looks nice [Big Grin]
 -

[ April 21, 2006, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: 50-charge ]

Posts: 1409 | From: (650)-(209) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

So what are you estemating for HP? [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Yo 50charge do I even want to know why there is boost going into the crankcase from the TB to valve cover hose? I would drill and tap a fitting on the intake pipe after the maf hook the hose from the valve cover to this then cap off the TB

HP estimate not sure what are your guesses?

[ April 21, 2006, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

triple black hatch
CAFords OG
Member # 5420

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple black hatch  Ford pictures for triple black hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fostang:
[QB] Yo 50charge do I even want to know why there is boost going into the crankcase from the TB to valve cover hose? I would drill and tap a fitting on the intake pipe after the maf hook the hose from the valve cover to this then cap off th
thoes it go here??

-

Posts: 1409 | From: (650)-(209) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

I,m guessing around 425-450hp, since the compression is up their. It's going to be a fun car to drive.. [patriot] [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Run a boost cooler water meth kit on it. That will help with the compresion.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

50 charge yeah that way you keep metered air in the engine.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

bookoo
¯
Member # 6304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bookoo  Ford pictures for bookoo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice car u got any videos of it on the street? [burnout]

--------------------
50Reasons:member
prev name "hoppin50"
"Yeah whatever"

92 notch 89 & 93 vert
03 explorer 95 silverado
95 cbr 900 RR (2) 63 cadi's
93 blazer

Posts: 131 | From: sac town/n. highlands | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow paint looks great amongst other things.

$5k for all that is a bargain. [Eek!]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com