Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Recommendations on Rader Detectors/ Jammers

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Recommendations on Rader Detectors/ Jammers
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi,, my buddy is lookin into gettin a radar jammer/detector for his car. Hes goin to be driving a lot up and down the 5 this summer.. Can anyone recommend any brands or models under the $250 range.. Thanks and anything I should know about laws and regulations around those things. [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tell your friend to save up $150 more and get the valentine 1 radar detector and be done with it. It's $400 but well worth every penny, especially if he is cruising up and down 5 all the time. I had a cheap cobra one for like $150 and there is no comparison. my v1 has probably saved me well over 20 tickets with all my cruises to lake tahoe, reno, and L.A.

as far as the legal issue with it... it is legal to have one under a communications act of some year, but if you do get pulled over and the cop sees it, your chances of getting out of a ticket are probably slim

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Dusty122
¯
Member # 4480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty122  Ford pictures for Dusty122  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a jammer i forget what brand it was. They are damn expensive for a good one and the other problem is that the chp doesnt use the band that the jammer jams. mine had a manual jam button on it and that was preety fun messing with those "whats your speed" radar dectors though. as for jammers they are illegal so u better hide it if u get pulled over. most jammers dont sy the are a jammer on it but if you get a savy cop that recognizes it u can get in a lot of trouble.

--------------------
90 Mustang GT roadster
top, backseat, windows, mirrors, handles, wipers, springs, heater, a/c (delete all) that stuff is for chumps n e way

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've heard lots of good things about the Valentine 1.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.k40.com

best thing ive EVER seen. 1-2 mile radius, and it WORKS!!!! buddy of mine had it in his M3. awesome.

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
NO MANRZ
¯
Member # 566

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MANRZ  Ford pictures for NO MANRZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just buy a used fish finder for next to nothing at a garage sale. [Wink]

--------------------
Bring It . . .

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach0ne351:
www.k40.com

best thing ive EVER seen. 1-2 mile radius, and it WORKS!!!! buddy of mine had it in his M3. awesome.

marek

Thanks man, I forgot what that damned site was called. [Razz]
Hmmm, early b-day present for myself? [Razz]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com