Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » how does your notchback feel???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: how does your notchback feel???
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm just curious as to how everyone else's notchbacks or any other foxbody mustang feels when you get on the throttle. When I "get on it" from 1-2-3, the thing feels so fuckin light in the back...almost like its picking up off the ground [Confused] I know its not lifting, and the car doesnt have nearly as much power as most other 5.0's, but damn, the thing feels crazy when I get on it! It doesnt just fishtail, but it serioualy feels like its going to hydroplane without any water on the ground [Big Grin]

Any similar exeriences? [burnout]

[ April 17, 2006, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: SydeWayzSix ]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember that is what I loved most about mustangs, that the rear would lift when you accelerated. Unlike most cars where the rear slumps, there is a reason for that, but I forgot what it is (I think it was the uni-body chassis, but I don't remember). I have a video of my old stang that shows the whole car lifting about 1 inch when I touch the throttle.
Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It used to feel that way before my mods

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

picuplouie
¯
Member # 5948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for picuplouie  Ford pictures for picuplouie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I get the same feeling in my notch also. You punch it and the whole car lifts up. Kind of like the Land Speeder that Luke had in Star Wars! [Whoo Whooooo!]
Posts: 68 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah man, my brother in law has one, and that thing is light in the back, but you can get stiffer springs and such to get better tracktion

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok, looks like its a normal thing. I thought I was trippin [Big Grin]

--------------------

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup same thing happens to mine, but it rarely happens since i rarely drive the car.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
yup same thing happens to mine, but it rarely happens since i rarely drive the car.

yea, me too. [Embarrassed]

--------------------

menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's the video, you might have to watch it a couple of times to notice that both the rear and the front lift.
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

quote:
Originally posted by menlo pony:
Here's the video, you might have to watch it a couple of times to notice that both the rear and the front lift.

I couldnt see it actually "lift," but you can see the rear wheels rise a bit... [Whoo Whooooo!] [burnout]

--------------------

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWayzSix:
quote:

I couldnt see it actually "lift," but you can see the rear wheels rise a bit... [Whoo Whooooo!] [burnout]
you got to watch it somemore and you can see the front and rear lift.
Kaindia50
¯
Member # 5174

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaindia50  Ford pictures for Kaindia50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

you got to watch it somemore and you can see the front and rear lift.
yha it lifts ...keep watchin it ova and ova again...
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
quote:

yea, me too. [Embarrassed]
so when we gonna race? [Big Grin]
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need better tires

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
PumaFiveOh
¯
Member # 2322

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for PumaFiveOh  Ford pictures for PumaFiveOh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The whole car is NOT lifting off the ground, it's called you have bootsy suspension. Because of the torque the left side of the car will always lift as the right side squats...it's physics. Just record your car from the passenger side or the rear and you'll see what I mean. Or go to a drag strip and watch high torque V8's launch and you'll see the left lift up and the right side squat due to torque and the spinning force of the driveshaft. And yes, fox bodies have light ass rear ends. That’s why a lot of people used to throw sand bags in the trunk over the wheel wells to help with traction. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!"

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
-Patton

menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

[ April 19, 2006, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: menlo pony ]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com