Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I just happened to be awake at 3am when.... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: I just happened to be awake at 3am when....
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work nights, so on my days off I am usually up all night also (I try not to break my sleep pattern). So it's like 3am and the wind is blowing fairly hard, but I had this pretty strange feeling that something wasn't right. I usually have pretty reliable gut instincts. So I get up and walk to the living room and look out the window. I quickly glance out and see my car and everything looks fine so I start to turn away. As I turn my head I see movement behind my car by the trunk. I do a double take and sure enough someone had crouched down low as they approached my car. I ran to my room and grabbed my Surefire flashlight and Sig. Came back to the window and I see a flash of light.

I realized it was a camera phone or maybe a digital camera. I was able to determine that it was a white male with a hooded sweatshirt. He just took a fuckin picture of my license plate! I see a car parked behind the tree next to my house with the lights off, and when the guy gets his picture he runs to the passenger side and the car takes off slowly with the headlights off. As soon as the car rolls down the street (he had to pass the front of my house to leave) I shine my bright ass flashlight at the car. It lit the whole thing up and I think these guys probably crapped their pants. There is a stop sign in front of my house and they completely blew through it and I could hear their automatic Kia Spectra or whatever almost slip as it shifted into second. I kept the light on them at all times trying to get the plate number but I couldn't.

So what do you guys make of this? Why would someone take a pic of my plate when they already know where I live? I was thinking these guys were going to break into my car that's why I grabbed my gun in case they were armed. But I decided not to go outside since they only took a picture and left. But they knew I was watching the whole time, and probably didn't expect that at 3am. I can't shoot someone or beat someone for a picture. Maybe I should have gone outside with my gun in my hand anyway, but I dunno. So much adrenaline was pumping because my last stang had been broken into in the same spot on my driveway years back, and that has still left an uneasy feeling for me when I sleep. Since then, my Cobra has been paintballed, covered in chocolate syrup, and now pictured. It's pretty scary when you look out your window and see a person standing on your driveway with a hood on his head at 3am and a car parked up the street hidden behind a tree.

Are these guys doing their homework on my car or just taking a pic? I do have a custom plate which is kind of intimidating I guess you could say, but not to a driver of a Kia. Maybe he just wanted a pic of it. But at 3am with a hood on and lights off getaway car makes me suspicious! I live in a nice community and in an upscale area so this is very weird. I have other cars in the garage so I'm considering putting the Cobra in storage for a while so I can sleep at night. I'm going to check out the cars at the high school on Monday and see if I can match the car. I wonder if he will have the balls to come back next weekend. I'll be up.

[ April 15, 2006, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Juiced-03 ]

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they are doing their homework on the car. i think they are going to try and steal it so take no chances. fuckin theives, basicly the same thing happened to me, my dog was barking like crazy and there was some guy checking my car at 1230am .
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
they are doing their homework on the car. i think they are going to try and steal it so take no chances. fuckin theives, basicly the same thing happened to me, my dog was barking like crazy and there was some guy checking my car at 1230am .

yeah that's what I'm thinking. I just don't understand why they would take a picture of the plate when they already know where it gets parked at night. They didn't take a pic of anything else. There was also a much easier car to steal next to the Cobra. I'm up 'til 6am or later everyday anyway, but it sucks to think that I will have to be on alert now.

Judging by the crappy car, the day of the week, and the age (from what I saw he looked like a high schooler) I think it may just be some kids who liked my plate and wanted a picture of it. But at 3am is what boggles me. It seems like a real thief would do it during the week, and not when someone might still be up shortly after last call on the weekend. But I guess if they really want to steal it they'll have to earn it.

[ April 15, 2006, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Juiced-03 ]

--------------------

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like they are scoping your car out man. Interesting why they they would take pics of the plate [Confused]

Keep your eyes out and park that shit in the garage if you can. You may also want to consider getting a web cam and a motion activated light for your drive way.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya I have to agree i think they are doing their homework on your car + with the plate they can see what type of car is it 5.0 or not etc. then they can determine how to steel it.
I think they are going to comeback for it so becarefull.....I hate thieves..

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Juiced-03:
I work nights, so on my days off I am usually up all night also (I try not to break my sleep pattern). So it's like 3am and the wind is blowing fairly hard, but I had this pretty strange feeling that something wasn't right. I usually have pretty reliable gut instincts. So I get up and walk to the living room and look out the window. I quickly glance out and see my car and everything looks fine so I start to turn away. As I turn my head I see movement behind my car by the trunk. I do a double take and sure enough someone had crouched down low as they approached my car. I ran to my room and grabbed my Surefire flashlight and Sig. Came back to the window and I see a flash of light.

I realized it was a camera phone or maybe a digital camera. I was able to determine that it was a white male with a hooded sweatshirt. He just took a fuckin picture of my license plate! I see a car parked behind the tree next to my house with the lights off, and when the guy gets his picture he runs to the passenger side and the car takes off slowly with the headlights off. As soon as the car rolls down the street (he had to pass the front of my house to leave) I shine my bright ass flashlight at the car. It lit the whole thing up and I think these guys probably crapped their pants. There is a stop sign in front of my house and they completely blew through it and I could hear their automatic Kia Spectra or whatever almost slip as it shifted into second. I kept the light on them at all times trying to get the plate number but I couldn't.

So what do you guys make of this? Why would someone take a pic of my plate when they already know where I live? I was thinking these guys were going to break into my car that's why I grabbed my gun in case they were armed. But I decided not to go outside since they only took a picture and left. But they knew I was watching the whole time, and probably didn't expect that at 3am. I can't shoot someone or beat someone for a picture. Maybe I should have gone outside with my gun in my hand anyway, but I dunno. So much adrenaline was pumping because my last stang had been broken into in the same spot on my driveway years back, and that has still left an uneasy feeling for me when I sleep. Since then, my Cobra has been paintballed, covered in chocolate syrup, and now pictured. It's pretty scary when you look out your window and see a person standing on your driveway with a hood on his head at 3am and a car parked up the street hidden behind a tree.

Are these guys doing their homework on my car or just taking a pic? I do have a custom plate which is kind of intimidating I guess you could say, but not to a driver of a Kia. Maybe he just wanted a pic of it. But at 3am with a hood on and lights off getaway car makes me suspicious! I live in a nice community and in an upscale area so this is very weird. I have other cars in the garage so I'm considering putting the Cobra in storage for a while so I can sleep at night. I'm going to check out the cars at the high school on Monday and see if I can match the car. I wonder if he will have the balls to come back next weekend. I'll be up.

BLAST THOSE MUTHAFUCKAS AND THEM HIT ME UP ILL CUT THEIR HEAD OUT AND HANG IT IN MY BEDROOM - I HOPE YOU DONT MISS AND AIM FOR THEIR HEAD ..

My neighbours car got broken into 2 nights ago around 3am also (San bruno) and i believe those fuckers will be back, my neighbour also seen some fuckers looking inside my bucket civic so if you're on this board, I DARE YOU TO COME BACK , Just make sure you fuckers got a run-away plan because i may not run as fast as ya'll but my laser on my barrel will def' help my Hallow Tip catch up to you -

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:

BLAST THOSE MUTHAFUCKAS AND THEM HIT ME UP ILL CUT THEIR HEAD OUT AND HANG IT IN MY BEDROOM - I HOPE YOU DONT MISS AND AIM FOR THEIR HEAD ..

My neighbours car got broken into 2 nights ago around 3am also (San bruno) and i believe those fuckers will be back, my neighbour also seen some fuckers looking inside my bucket civic so if you're on this board, I DARE YOU TO COME BACK , Just make sure you fuckers got a run-away plan because i may not run as fast as ya'll but my laser on my barrel will def' help my Hallow Tip catch up to you -

damn youd go to prison for life all for a honda civic??????crazy shit man
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you don't have a garage your car will be looked at every time you turn your head.

I bet they are scoping it out to see if it's got the options they are looking for.

Unless you get a great alarm with the eyebolt trick "5OH" described in the anti-theft thread you are basically just getting prepared for the inevitable.

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
better put your car up now [Mad]

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

you guys got me even more paranoid now [Frown]

--------------------

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
next time they come around, put a round into the bitches knee [Big Grin]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:

Wish the law allowed that [Mad]

If I see them again, I will probably sneak out from the backyard and use whatever I have to disable them and their car. Obviously I won't go American History X style and start shooting rounds down the street, but I'll figure something out.

[ April 15, 2006, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Juiced-03 ]

--------------------

03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

i love this mans mentality. [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [patriot]

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03smknsvt:
quote:
quote:

i bet thats not all that you love about him
[Wink]

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

I just talked to a buddy of mine, and he said maybe it was a kid hired by CHP to take pics of hot cars in the area. He said they were cracking down on modded cars.

Not sure if I buy that one.

--------------------

outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
As soon as the car rolls down the street (he had to pass the front of my house to leave) I shine my bright ass flashlight at the car. It lit the whole thing up and I think these guys probably crapped their pants.

I was thinking these guys were going to break into my car that's why I grabbed my gun in case they were armed. But I decided not to go outside since they only took a picture and left.

Maybe I should have gone outside with my gun in my hand anyway, but I dunno.

You telling me all you did was shine your Surefire on them? If I was a thief and was scoping a car or house out, got caught by the owner, who actually came out of the house with a
firearm in hand, that house/car would get scratched off real quick from my agenda.

You can't get busted for bringing your gun out on your own property**, just don't do anything foolish like fire it in the air or @ them.

ADD**: Only an asshole of an officer would give you flack for doing that and try to charge you for brandishing a firearm given the scenario & situation.

Good Luck with everything.

[ April 16, 2006, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: outlawd94cobra ]

Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

quote:
Originally posted by outlawd94cobra:
quote:
As soon as the car rolls down the street (he had to pass the front of my house to leave) I shine my bright ass flashlight at the car. It lit the whole thing up and I think these guys probably crapped their pants.

I was thinking these guys were going to break into my car that's why I grabbed my gun in case they were armed. But I decided not to go outside since they only took a picture and left.

Maybe I should have gone outside with my gun in my hand anyway, but I dunno.

You telling me all you did was shine your Surefire on them? If I was a thief and was scoping a car or house out, got caught by the owner, who actually came out of the house with a
firearm in hand, that house/car would get scratched off real quick from my agenda.

You can't get busted for bringing your gun out on your own property**, just don't do anything foolish like fire it in the air or @ them.

ADD**: Only an asshole of an officer would give you flack for doing that and try to charge you for brandishing a firearm given the scenario & situation.

Good Luck with everything.

Everything happened so quickly and my front door makes a lot of noise so I just figured I would watch until he made a more serious move. I didn't know his intentions (he may have just liked the plate, I dunno) so I didn't want the cops called on me over a picture.

At least they know I was watching.

--------------------

DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Juiced, you did good. If you bring a gun out you better be prepared to use it as the other guy surely is... Like mentioned you can't shoot someone to guard property. Why even put yourself in that position? Say the kids were high you go out there with gun in hand and they dare you to shoot. You don't then they close in on you, then what? To me property isn't worth it.

--------------------
Chrysler 2006 300C 6.1 SRT8
Stock with 1400 miles -13.2 @ 108.5

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:
Originally posted by 03smknsvt:
quote:
quote:

i bet thats not all that you love about him
[Wink]

keep your homo comments 2 urself [Wink] or ima tell team legion to kick you out [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought once you point a gun at someone, it becomes a felony?

Eeh, should of just walked out onto the lawn and started shooting into the ground and yelling obscene words [Big Grin]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

If I see them again, I will probably sneak out from the backyard and use whatever I have to disable them and their car. Obviously I won't go American History X style and start shooting rounds down the street, but I'll figure something out.

if this happens again, do like u said if they're in that same car. sneak behind em & shoot the tires out. they'll run off like bitches, but you'll know who they are with their car stuck there. & i'm sure they would never think of it again since they know about mr. sig [Big Grin]
:
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
quote:
quote:

if this happens again, do like u said if they're in that same car. sneak behind em & shoot the tires out. they'll run off like bitches, but you'll know who they are with their car stuck there. & i'm sure they would never think of it again since they know about mr. sig [Big Grin]
when my car alarms go off at night i dont take any chances and i grab my .45 and head straight out the door.its happened a few times but i think it was a loud car that has driven by.

and what i said earlier i didnt mean for u to take it seriously but it would be nice if we had the same laws in texas.

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

I'm ordering a taser gun. That should make them easier to catch without killing them.

--------------------

J's90-LX
¯
Member # 2987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's90-LX  Ford pictures for J's90-LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bryan if you were a real man they would be missing and the pigs would be full [Wink]

--------------------
1999 Lightning
-4lb pulley,LFP intake,tune

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn thats crazy I wouldve just called the cops then u have a report filed maybe put a lil extra in there about u feeling unsafe bla bla then when they come back it will look a lot better on your part if you do hurt them but I definitly wouldnt have just let them leavelike that regardless if it was jut a pic or whatever seems hella shady and with everyones cars gettin stolen all the time you couldve just saved a few people from gettin their cars stolen [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com