Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » bad day......

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: bad day......
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just came across this link..... I'm going to replace my Griggs controll arms now. http://www.socalterminators.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10343

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HOLY SHIT! [Eek!] see how far the motor and bay was pushed back? god damn, i thought i had a bad wreck, thank god he's ok [patriot] nothin short of a miracle

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
even my wife said damn that when i know its bad man thats hurts i want an 03 so bad its coming by summer

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so his griggs control arm on the drivers side failed, pole-vaulted the car...

I think somebody's about to be rich.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
so his griggs control arm on the drivers side failed, pole-vaulted the car...

I doubt the griggs arm had anything to do with it.... I bet he was either going too fast or got a flat tire and over corrected ect.... HUA

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why do you doubt it? He sure had alot of aftermarket stuff on his Cobra.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would guess the liabilty would depend on how valid their wa1ver is. The standard "this product is for racing and no warranty, etc." The guy did say that the heim joint broke, those are pretty beefy 3/4" joints, so that is a surprise if it just failed. Still, some of their parts are not things I'd run on my car.
1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1100hp  Ford pictures for 1100hp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmmm I wonder what their going to do with the engine? [Razz]

--------------------
"sure officer, it's stock".

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1100hp:
Hmmm I wonder what their going to do with the engine? [Razz]

see how far it was pushed back? ill take the blower but damn u know somethin had to happen to the rest of it with that kind of impact.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here let me throw in my two cents. The arms he has have a break-away link in them. Designed to desipate impact damage of a wreck on the track. These are TRACK ONLY arms. Also, look at the pictures of the crash scene. If the link failed, and jammed the wheel like claimed, there whould be a skid mark going up to the point of impact, where there is not. IMO he is way over powered for the road he was on. Mulholland is a 25mph-35mph road, any faster is all bad. Odds are he was pushing the car too fast, especially with the KB under the hood, and lost it into the mountain. Then the link broke like it was designed to do.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Even still, if the joint failed, whats not to blame the installer of the arms? But if he was doing the speed limit on that road, 25-35, its would be seriously unlikely for a car to "pole vualt" as claimed. It would drop the nose and drag the tire, but flip the car........

Don't get me wrong, I feel for the guys loss, but trying to milk it like this gives businesses bad names.

[ April 16, 2006, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: 1Sicgt ]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com