Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » So I've decided...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: So I've decided...
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To actually sell my 2003 Mustang Mach 1 now. What do you guys think are the most effective ways of selling a car? I've tried posting it once on craigslist and on this site as well. The reason why I'm selling is to get out of payments and plus I only work 2 miles away from home and I commute with my friend to work so basically I don't need the car.

However I do plan on buying an older Mustang something cheaper just to get me around in. Let me know your guys advice on this, last time I got a bunch of flakers from craigslist. How reliable and good do you guys think autotrader is? Do you think it's worth the 30 bucks to spend and will I get good results?

James

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Craigslist is good for quick sales...but if you're price isn't "cheap," then you will get low-balled all day long.

If you want serious offers, I'd suggest AutoTrader. They usually have more serious buyers on there that are willing to buy a quality car at an average price.

Good luck [patriot]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWayzSix:
Craigslist is good for quick sales...but if you're price isn't "cheap," then you will get low-balled all day long.

If you want serious offers, I'd suggest AutoTrader. They usually have more serious buyers on there that are willing to buy a quality car at an average price.

Good luck [patriot]

Thank you I'll give craigslist.org a week or two and I know there are a bunch of lowballers on that site, I don't think asking 18.5k is to much for my car. There is another mach 1 going for 20,995 and a salvage title one going for 16,950 or something like that so I think my price is fair and I based it on kbb and nada.com as well.

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1100hp  Ford pictures for 1100hp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many miles are on the car? What color is it? Do you have some pics? What have you done to it? [patriot]

--------------------
"sure officer, it's stock".

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

quote:
Originally posted by 1100hp:
How many miles are on the car? What color is it? Do you have some pics? What have you done to it? [patriot]

I just wanted to get some advice on this section you know but I'll post some info on here as well and it's also in the for sale section.
The only mods that have been done are the window tint and it's wired for a sub system.

I haven't done any type of engine mods what so ever, I haven't even touched the exhaust. Oh yeah it has 47k miles.
Here's the ad on craigslist.org
http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/150173864.html

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yames:
quote:

Good luck [patriot]

I'll give craigslist.org a week or two and I know there are a bunch of lowballers on that site
No Craigslist is full of flakes.... its this site that has the lowballers....
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
Originally posted by Yames:
quote:

Good luck [patriot]

I'll give craigslist.org a week or two and I know there are a bunch of lowballers on that site
No Craigslist is full of flakes.... its this site that has the lowballers....
[Big Grin]

haha...you couldn't have said it any better..But yea they're right, autotrader has a lot more "serious" buyers

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
auto trader all the way. [Wink]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Has a lot of people used autotrader on here and have they been successful? It sounds like it with the positive replies.

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com